Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Being that there is the 3-D releases i don't think there will be more than 1 ROTJ set in the summer if theres any, also there is alot more things they could do than you think The_Chosen_1.

Edited by Thorin Oakenshield

^^ A new AT-ST wouldn't go amiss, especially as TLG has already made the new at-st driver in the endor planet set. A system scale imperial shuttle hasn't been done for a while either.

Please! No more AT-ST's, TLG has already designed too many. :)

I don't know what other ROTJ sets we can realistically expect, guys. We have the Ewok Attack, Endor battle pack, Jabba's Palace, and Skiff on shelves now; and the Rancor Pit, A-Wing, and UCS B-Wing are all on the way...

Well we are supposed to get an Ewok Village :classic:

Were did you get this information? If it proves to be true, I think it will be a great edition to this year's line up. sadly I think this set is unlikely due to the fact that lego has all ready released an Endor Han and Luke will probally not come back for awhile so you're left with leia and chewbacca, I don't know though anything is possible in the world of lego. I could see a Rebel Transport Ship as a posssible set this year though.

I read part of the discussion and it does raise some interesting issues about wether or not LEGO should release a remake of a UCS set. On the one hand it presents an opportunity for people who missed out on a previous version to get a UCS version of a particular ship or vehicle, but on the other hand arguments can be made that remakes decrease the overall value and credibility of the UCS line. How "Ultimate" can a "Collectors" set be if there are gonna be remakes? Personally, i think they shouldn't even consider to do remakes while there are still some very iconic vehicles left to do in UCS style.

I think the only way they could really do it would be to release a new fully redone or substantially different version of the ship. An example would be to do a new MF with a full detailed interior and Minifigs ala the Death Star this time. This way he earlier version is still distinct and collectables, but here is something new for those who both did and did not get the original.

I took another look and you are right (and I was wrong, sorry).

Minifigs in battle pack are those:

I'm kinda hoping those are preliminary or placeholder picks and we will be getting the red colored variant of those troopers instead. (Same armor and molds, just pretty much swap he blue and red markings. Red base color, blue stripes. Hey guarded the Sith.)

From reading posts I know I'm a very very lone minority with this opinion... I really don't care for an Ewok Village or anything Ewok. I haven't purchased any of the Endor sets in the past couple of years and won't unless I find those sets at 50% off or higher. To me they are the Gungans of the OT.

Being that there is the 3-D releases i don't think there will be more than 1 ROTJ set in the summer if theres any, also there is alot more things they could do than you think The_Chosen_1.

I didn't say there aren't more ROTJ sets they could do; obviously there are. It's just that the past year or so has already been quite ROTJ-heavy.

From a marketing standpoint, it makes more sense for LEGO to focus on the 3D releases of AotC and RotS for the Summer 2013 wave, as those films will be more at the forefront because of their re-releases.

From a marketing standpoint, it makes more sense for LEGO to focus on the 3D releases of AotC and RotS for the Summer 2013 wave, as those films will be more at the forefront because of their re-releases.

I hope this pans out to be true. I really hope LEGO releases some sets to coincide with the 3D releases of both movies.

I think he might be referring to the pic of what people thought was an Ewok village from that TLG pic which was the fuel for the rumour of an Ewok village, but provides no evidential proof, as well as the fact it wasnt even an Ewok village in the end.

Um i have come across a problem that i am very unhappy about and that is that i can not log into my main account it says wrong username or password and when i click on the forgotten password link and it says username does not exist, can someone fix this?

Um i have come across a problem that i am very unhappy about and that is that i can not log into my main account it says wrong username or password and when i click on the forgotten password link and it says username does not exist, can someone fix this?

I would suggest asking one of the root admins (Sinner, Shadows, Bonaparte, etc.) They might be able to help you. In the future, just post something like this once (preferably in the Website and Forums forum) and not three times. :classic:

I would suggest asking one of the root admins (Sinner, Shadows, Bonaparte, etc.) They might be able to help you. In the future, just post something like this once (preferably in the Website and Forums forum) and not three times. :classic:

ok thanks

Something I don't under stand is that next year is the 30th(i think)anniversary of ROTJ and yet unlike 2010 when TESB anniversary got a lot of sets ROTJ is not getting alot of sets only 2 :sad:

Well at least one of them is a good set.

I don't think Lego really pays attention to the anniversaries, except when prompted to do so by Lucasfilms. They have said that Lucas does offer suggestions and guidelines for at least some of the sets, regarding what sorts of stuff they wish to see, when. In oder to tie into their current projects or marketing (ie the SWTOR sets this last release). If Lucas is doing a big push for the RotJ anniversary we will see some more sets. If they are focusing more on the 3d PT re-releases and TCW then that is where the sets will fall.

And honestly? ROTJ has been getting some decent Lego exposure in the last few release cycles. Jabbas Palace, Sand Skiff, Ewok Attack, The UCS, B Wing, Imperial Shuttle, plus the many consistant crossover OT sets like the MF, the SSD, The X Wing and Tie, etc. Not to mention the upcoming A Wing and Rancor sets. If anything RoTJ may be getting a bit over saturated as Lego subject matter. Excepting the long discussed Ewok Village, virtually every major scene or vehicle, (that would seem viable in Lego form, sorry but the complex curves of the Mon Cal cruisers are probably a no go at a reasonable price) have been done and released in the past 6 or 7 years. Other than a re-released Sail Barge, what are we really waiting on for RotJ?

Compare that with say AotC? Love the film or hate it, it still has a literal ton of scenes that would work really well in Lego form, that have either not been seen in over a decade, or have never been done. Jango Fett Slave I, The Arena, The Corruscant Speeder chase, the Jedi Temple Library, Assorted ships from the Clone Battle, etc.

I know we all love the OT stuff. And the truly classic OT subjects sell really well. But the pool of subjects grows year after year, and the population of fans is shifting as a result. I know we sometimes grumble about the Clone Wars. But it currently has almost 5 times the amount of footage to be watched as the OT and PT combined, with about as deep a pool of vehicles, characters and settings. And many of them are quite good, even by the standards of old school jaded fans like us. (I challenge any of we old school OT types to not love Cad Bane. He is everything we imagined Boba Fett to be the day that secret mail order action figure arrived in our mailboxes after we sent in all the proof of purchase seals, and it's all on screen.)

Basically what I am trying to say is Lucas, and Lego through them will pick subjects based on a broad spread of reasons. A simple anniversary is not always it. Believe it or not, without some spectacular corresponding theatrical release, the 30th anniversary of RotJ, while worth noting, would probably not be anything that would sell more lego sets. Let's be honest with ourselves, anyone who would be buying a special 30th anniversary RotJ set, would probably be buying it without the anniversary hook. Not a lot of force driving the sales there. Whereas the 3d PT releases will boost related sales, as will a new season of TCW, etc.

Does anyone else think its more likely that the AT-RT set would include a vixus(for those who don't know, the Vixus as a creature on Umbara that was seen in the first episode of the story arc. It looks very similar to the Sarlac) and instead of yoda, Fives or another clone from the Umbaran Episodes assuming that this set is still from the Umbaran Episodes if it is not, it would more likely be an Kashyyyk set, yet this set still seems to small so maybe if it is a kashyyk set, we could possibly see an Dwarf Spider Droid or some other CIS droid. Also does anyone else think its strange that ther is no other Imperial Set to fight against the A-Wing Starfighter? I'm not really sure, but this maybe a sign that we could expect to see a TIE Interceptor possible to along with a rebel ship of some kind, something like a Rebel Transprot Ship?

I really don't know though, I was just trying to break the silence to be honest. Hopefully we'll see pictures soon.

Edited by North Lego Star

Does anyone else think its more likely that the AT-RT set would include a vixus(for those who don't know, the Vixus as a creature on Umbara that was seen in the first episode of the story arc. It looks very similar to the Sarlac) and instead of yoda, Fives or another clone from the Umbaran Episodes assuming that this set is still from the Umbaran Episodes if it is not, it would more likely be an Kashyyyk set, yet this set still seems to small so maybe if it is a kashyyk set, we could possibly see an Dwarf Spider Droid or some other CIS droid. Also does anyone else think its strange that ther is no other Imperial Set to fight against the A-Wing Starfighter? I'm not really sure, but this maybe a sign that we could expect to see a TIE Interceptor possible to along with a rebel ship of some kind, something like a Rebel Transprot Ship?

I really don't know though, I was just trying to break the silence to be honest. Hopefully we'll see pictures soon.

I don't think so as the minifigures are pretty much confirmed but there's always a possibility. I personally like that idea but I don't think it will happen. :sceptic:

I hope the AT-RT is from the 501st and the Umbaran episodes. It would be nice to see LEGO release a set from the previous season of TCW.

I hope the AT-RT is from the 501st and the Umbaran episodes. It would be nice to see LEGO release a set from the previous season of TCW.

It hope it too, but what is Yoda doing in this set then? Fives would have been a better choice then.

It hope it too, but what is Yoda doing in this set then? Fives would have been a better choice then.

Wasn't Yoda in that episode back in season one.? Would make sense for him to be in the set I guess then. I hope they bring out the Jedi shuttle that features heavily in season 4 (not sure of the name, but it's similar to what Palpatine's shuttle becomes).

Wasn't Yoda in that episode back in season one.? Would make sense for him to be in the set I guess then. I hope they bring out the Jedi shuttle that features heavily in season 4 (not sure of the name, but it's similar to what Palpatine's shuttle becomes).

Eta Class

Yeah, but if this was a season 1 set with Yoda wouldn't we be getting lt. Thire and he's crew in an escape pod?

Basically what I am trying to say is Lucas, and Lego through them will pick subjects based on a broad spread of reasons. A simple anniversary is not always it. Believe it or not, without some spectacular corresponding theatrical release, the 30th anniversary of RotJ, while worth noting, would probably not be anything that would sell more lego sets. Let's be honest with ourselves, anyone who would be buying a special 30th anniversary RotJ set, would probably be buying it without the anniversary hook. Not a lot of force driving the sales there. Whereas the 3d PT releases will boost related sales, as will a new season of TCW, etc.

I am a huge OT fan but I'm with you about this. I would also add that besides the huge improvements in building techniques and colour change, one change doesn't really justify the all-too-often updates of the classic models: the minifigs. They underwent very drastic changes regarding print (only torso front usually to front & back + legs) and faces (going from yellow to flesh to updated pupil-eyes) and regarding the fact that especially in the SW line these do sell the sets, I would be surprised if we see another X-Wing or TIE in 3 years. We have now the ultimate versions in our hands and what can be improved is only very little. RoTJ was featured heavily in the past years and for my personal taste it's a bit too much already. Besides a new Imp Shuttle (the System scale one we have dates back to 2001 in it's design I believe) I have no interest in any set whatsoever from that movie. I'd rather see something from PT or something for the CW fans. SW is not the only line I like and Lego is not the only hobby I have / like to spend money on. I'd b happy if the midi models return, though. And I'm always open to UCS.

New UCS Xwing will be great.I havent any possibility to get first ucs x wing, because I was kid so new better x wing I will buy instantly.

But on another hand, what ucs you like to see?I like to see also slave 1.

Edited by Ondra

Will any of the 2013 sets be unveiled at the ongoing NY Comic-Con?

I don't know anything about what TLG plans to do there, but my thought is that no, they won't be unveiling a Star Wars set there. They've already revealed a Star Wars set from 2013, and having already unveiled the new TMNT license and a large Hobbit set at NYCC, I'm thinking that they won't want to possibly overshadow those unveilings by revealing a set from such a popular and high profile line as Star Wars.

Not that I'll be upset if I'm wrong. :laugh: