Kai NRG

Modular Madness: Pizzeria

indexed.gif B-M-06B

I decided to try to recreate a traditional red and white pizzeria - and maybe give it a few odd details. :wink: The top front wall is built using side-ways building, as well as the curved design on top, and both story roofs have flat tiles underneath for easy removal. As an added benefit, the stories can be turned around (although yes they do look a bit odd that way :laugh: ).

7544857278_36889cc50f.jpg

Pizzeria by gid617, on Flickr

Unlike the official LEGO minimodulars, I decided to add interior details to be thorough (and discovered why the LEGO designers don't!) :tongue: . It's not easy to get detailing in on such a small scale. On the right as you look at the picture is the elevator - it really has a blue stripe on the bottom and the top but that isn't visible from this angle.

7544856714_930a988c7f.jpg

Pizzeria First Floor Interior by gid617, on Flickr

In the front was have a fire hydrant (yellow dots on the right) plus some lights on the side of the building. Sideways building for the area above the doorway, as well.

7544856888_d52db158c3.jpg

Pizzeria Front No Top by gid617, on Flickr

A bit of red on the side to enliven the white a little - plus an exit door, just for the fun of it. :laugh: The other side is identical except for no exit door. No windows because they would just be looking at the next shop's wall. Better just to stick with artificial lighting! The black pieces on the side are so that it can be attached to the other minimodulars.

7544857180_2a34fdee31.jpg

Pizzeria Side by gid617, on Flickr

In the back of the top story we have a smaller window, plus some more interior detailing - just too hard to get a good angle. :wink:

Neat little build. I really like the interior details. I considered doing something similar with my interior, but I don't know yet how it will play out.

Good luck in the contest!

Neat little build. I really like the interior details. I considered doing something similar with my interior, but I don't know yet how it will play out.

Good luck in the contest!

It's not easy. . . :wink: