Bonaparte

Results: Survey Missing LEGO Animals

A few weeks ago we conducted a survey asking our members to submit their top 5 of missing LEGO animals.

Here are the results:

1st place: sheep

Many think a LEGO sheep is long overdue which resulted in a first place. Also, it was mentioned several times that a sheep with removable fleece would be a welcome bonus.

2nd place: Deer

With only 1 vote less than the sheep, the deer ended up in 2nd position.

3rd place: Lion

The King of animals ended 3rd place, not far behind the sheep and the deer.

4rd place: Wolf

5th place: Tiger

You can have a look at the full top 20, with individual votes per animal, in the attached report (downloadable only when you are signed in). This report will be submitted to LEGO.

LEGO and Animals.pdf

Interesting list. I'm slightly surprised how well the deer fared in the voting. As a Castle fan it's certainly something I'd like, but I wouldn't have guessed it would get quite so unanimous support.

You might wanna correct one trivial error in the pdf though: Belville never included normal Lego horses, surely you meant to say Paradisa? :classic:

Edited by Haltiamieli

Interesting list. I'm slightly surprised how well the deer fared in the voting. As a Castle fan it's certainly something I'd like, but I wouldn't have guessed it would get quite so unanimous support.

I think part of the reason was this CUUSOO project by our Wrinkledog showing the potential of a LEGO deer. This picture was also in the original post where people could cast their votes.

7312024030_f79d048b0f.jpg

You might wanna correct one trivial error in the pdf though: Belville never included normal Lego horses, surely you meant to say Paradisa? :classic:

Ah crap, yes, I meant Paradisa. I'll correct it. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: Fixed and new version uploaded to the first post. It did reset the '# of downloads' counter which was at 51 (added for my own reference).

Interesting results, thanks for compiling everything Bonaparte. :thumbup:

Now lets hope we some of these in future sets. :classic:

One more even more trivial error: In the first paragraph on page 2, second to last sentence, "... non of those ..." should read "... none of those ..."?

It'll be interesting to see how these animals would be included in upcoming sets. The deer and wolves would certainly make a great addition to the existing forest subtheme of LEGO City. The more exotic animals could come in a LEGO City zoo subtheme, or perhaps an entirely new safari-type theme!

shucks. nobody likes otters and squirrels.

Had them in my top 10default_classic.gif could squeeze them into a top 5.

shucks. nobody likes otters and squirrels.

Had them in my top 10default_classic.gif could squeeze them into a top 5.

Squirrels would be awesome. Though I would go broke from buying them by the gross.

I want to see hippopotamuses. Lots of hippos. And possibly the hungry kind.

The more "wild" animals could be useful in a City Zoo theme or MOC. THe sheep could be used in a farm theme? Maybe?

shucks. nobody likes squirrels.

Squirrels are cool, and rabbits are cool. However, if TLG made them, they would probably be the kind that have a hole at the bottom (they can clip onto a minifigure hand.) They would also be small, more like a snake or that kind of small animal piece.

Excellent compilation Bonaparte! That survey gives a concise assessment on the EB community members' wishes and desires.

I for one am not so very surprised by deer showing up in the top 5, as they are a stylish asset to both civilian and fantasy builds. The Cuusoo project might have helped to charge interest in them a bit, but they're a no-brainer for sure.

As for otters and squirrels: Would love some of those! They'd be excellent in a wildlife reserve theme or zoos and city parks. Let's shout a bit more and maybe TLC will take heed someday! :-)

Be well all!

Cutty

Thanks, Boney, for taking the time to create this survey and the outcome!

I'm pretty amazed to see so many "exotic" animals in the top20.

And I wonder how they ever will fit in existing themes.

But maybe this is the kick-off for some zoo or wildlife theme. default_cry_happy.gif

I'm still missing rabbits, squirrels and that sort of animals.

as a castle builder i see great potential for the deer, boar, and ESPECIALLY the sheep.I would also like to think that lego will put cows into more sets,if lego wanted to make a ton of money they need to introduce a subtheme to castle called village, from what i have seen/heard village themed sets sell really well and if lego made a possible "battle pack" for village animals like a cow, two sheep,two goats, and a couple of chickens, im pretty sure these would be flying of the shelfs.

I think youre being a bit unfair to the 90s, which had quite a few animals, but from the ocean realm: the Islander crocodile (94), the Aquazone octopus (95), the dolphin from Paradisa (or did it appear earlier?), not to mention the great white shark, swordfish and stingray from Divers (97). And we cant forget the bat from Fright Knights (97), the snake from Western (97) and the scorpion and spider from Adventurers (98, 99). Quite a lot for a "dark age", if you ask me! :wink: