Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

REVIEW: Citizen Brick Customised Orc Heads exclusive printing

On a scale of 1 to 5  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this review? Is it informative and helpful?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. Which is your favourite orc customised design?

• 1 - Boss Orc
    • 2 - Female Orc
    • 3 - None of the above
  3. 3. Which is your favourite new advanced orc units?

• 1 - Tactical Orc General
    • 2 - Charming Orc Mage
    • 3 - Nasty looking Orc Berserker
    • 4 - Female Orc Sniper
    • 5 - None of the above

Hello everyone,

For the Guilds of Historica, Eurobricks exclusive

7521196632_e4b29cd37a_o.jpg

It is my pleasure to bring to you and share with our community on this very exclusive insight review especially since this is a very rare opportunity for myself to acquire these limited edition which is meant for one-off production. These customised orcs printed LEGO minifigures' heads designs are exclusively produced for the Eurobricks Guilds of Historica as part of the ongoing epic medieval building competition and these heads are part of the legendary prize pool which was offered by the Guild Leaders. These wonderful designs are created by our Eurobricks Staff, Brickthing. Just want to say, that your designs are outstanding. :thumbup:

For the above 'boss orc' and 'female orc' designs, these designs are produced by one of the leading printed customised vendor known as the Citizen Brick. It is a collaboration between both Eurobricks Guild Leaders and Citizen Brick to embark on this very high quality project which took about 6 months to complete the entire reviewing and production process. If you are interested to do your own commissioning, I believed you are most welcomed to drop your questions and project details thru their custom printing enquiry form. Do note that production of these high quality prints are exceptionally costly but it is very much worth the money that you had put in, to pay for such top quality. I have extracted their information on their site, which is written by the founder, Joe Trupia.

Citizen Brick is your online resource for impeccable custom-designed small toy collectibles. We know there are a lot of places to shop for these types of curios, and we also know that you appreciate quality craftsmanship.

That much is clear.

As such, we want Citizen Brick to be a place where you can avoid the bidding wars, the disappointing durability, and the limited creativity. Buy with complete confidence that you have found the best available. You won't find stickers that peel off or paint that chips away over time. This is the real deal: forged with professional-caliber equipment and designed to stand the test of time. Each piece is both a functional toy and tiny work of art. Whether you're looking for a unique gift for a friend, a way to broaden your toy community, or just morbid curiosity, Citizen Brick has you covered.

These are the new powerful and advanced Orc units

7521196430_0a2c0c4a99_o.jpg

I had always fond of customised elements since in my opinion, it is meant to complement the LEGO experience and these very printed elements had definitely lived up to its remarkable standard. The quality of the decals are printed and you could hardly see any differences with the real LEGO stuff. Recently, I had shown these minifigures head designs in these customised minifigures outfits below to a local fan gathering in Singapore last month and they could hardly identify the differences, assuming it like the regular LEGO orcs with their own original different variations coupled with various customised vendors' parts. They did not notice that the expressions on the prints are unique and be rest assured that these heads will not be for sale. At least, this is what I last heard from them.

Without further ado, let me present my mighty new powerful advanced orc units that will shake medieval reclaim with terror. I will also assemble some of my customised elements that I owned from my BrickArms, BrickForge and BrickWarriors collection.

Meet the tactical Orc General

7521195510_3b2cb297e6_o.jpg

The brain behind the mighty orc legions, is this crafty tactical Orc General. He looks real mean and nasty. Equipping himself with his full armour outfit to protect his flesh and carrying his priced weapon, known as the 'dadao' (BrickArms). I will have to warn anyone who approaches him to beware of his sharp and pointy blade!

Meet the charming Orc Mage

7521195802_54b2b1243a_o.jpg

Although she may not be the most prettiest mage around this region, but this charming and beautiful looking mage in her own rights and class, served to be equally deadly in the orc legions. Supporting the armies from behind, her trusty 'wizard staff' (BrickForge) will bless the fighting force and blast the enemies apart.

Meet the nasty looking Orc Berserker

7521195246_47bac23c46_o.jpg

While, this Orc Berserker may not be the most friendliest guy around these parts but don't you ever despite him even though he don't carry any special kind of weapons. These new issued weapons from the Uruk-Hais production are strong and sturdy, more importantly it is extremely easy to wield to bring down incoming charging enemies.

Orc Beserker is ready to charge the front

7521194890_8c0d264032_o.jpg

With just a helmet on, this fellow is ready for close combat encounter!

Our female Orc Sniper

7521194452_bc94a9da1d_o.jpg

This orc sniper is not just like any other regular archer. She is able to snipe her enemies from far and at the same time, giving her adequate lightweight protection from close attacks with her 'horned plate armour' (BrickWarriors).

These new faces fit nicely among the veterans

7521194194_95172fc9cf_o.jpg

Don't you agree that these new customised orc designs fit nicely with the regular orc solders? :wub:

Dangers and risks are nothing to them

7521196192_8ab9d7a831_o.jpg

The human alliance against the mighty orcs

7521193942_bf32d8947f_o.jpg

To conclude, I am extremely impressed with the quality of the Citizen Brick's printing even though printing for such high quality does not come cheap. In fact, I had never seen any of their finished products before. It was thru the Eurobricks Guild Leaders, where I am one of the fortunate few to be given such a chance to see these finished products and having it to be part of my personal collection to increase the variations in my orc armies. Too bad, I don't have any chance to acquire these and I had to settled with my four precious limited customised orc heads.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and Brickshelf folder (when moderated).

(...) and exclusively produced as prizes for the Eurobricks Guilds of Historica ongoing competition!

Does this mean that they won't be available for sale?

Thanks for the reveiw!

Nagyzee I suppose you will just have to win a GoH challenge :wink:

These new designs are excellent. Thank you to everyone who took part in the making of these. :wink:

Great review and photos Fangy. Glad to see you already getting use of some LotR set there :wink:

Excellent work Brickthing and yes Citizen Brick is tops in custom printing, if I was building a custom army I'd go with them no doubt about it.

Thanks for the reveiw!

Never mind, I'm just a bit disappointed as my first thought upon seeing the frontpage was that these heads will now turn up in the citizenbrick store.

Thanks guys! I am glad you enjoyed reading it. :sweet:

Thanks for the review Whitefang, unfortunately my wallet is now upset because I went to the site and bought alot of stuff. :laugh:

What did you buy?

Thanks for the reveiw!

Indeed.

Never mind, I'm just a bit disappointed as my first thought upon seeing the frontpage was that these heads will now turn up in the citizenbrick store.

From what I had understood, these customised printed designs are not available for sale unless I am mistaken, but at this stage I am very confident it will not be available for purchase.

What did you buy?

Each of the zombie heads, and a cadaver torso. Then like 4 custom figures. :sadnew::laugh:

I'm a sucker for a unique minifigure.

Owning one of these heads I can say I would never know they weren't Lego printed. The quality is unbelievably good.

These are very nice heads. :thumbup::classic:

I found the orc faction always a bit boring because they all had the same face until the last big set with 2 special faces, but I couldn't pay that.

If there were faces like this in smaller sets I would bought more of them.