Emperor Krulos

Kre-O to release Star Trek Sets

Just read this over at tfw2005. Kre-O and Hasbro will be releasing sets based on Star Trek.

7518688532_7191a2b868_n.jpg

While I must say, that I'm excited to get Lego like sets :cry_happy: , I'm also disappointed it's Kre-O and not Lego :cry_sad: . Also looking at the picture provided it seems their sets will be based on the latest movie. So we'll get an Enterprise with thigh as nacells :hmpf_bad: The parts their using also seems of. Lots of special bricks instead of a design based on bricks they already have. :sceptic:

Does this mean an end to Cuusoo trek models? Let's hope so... ;-)

Edited by roamingstudio

Does this mean an end to Cuusoo trek models? Let's hope so... ;-)

Not necessarily. Hasbro appears to have the license for construction toys based on the movies, which are a property of Paramount/Viacom. On the other hand the TV series rights belong to CBS, therefore in theory LEGO could strike a deal to produce a set based on any of the TV series without infringing on Hasbro's license.

This said, I am moving this topic to Community where the non-LEGO brick discussions belong.

Good! That means Lego will never get the license. Star Trek has sucked since the TNG seasons ended.

Edited by SheepEater

The pic look interesting.

Is there actully a bridge in there?? It looks like it. Can't wait to see what this retails for and what the piece counts are.

Jamie

Lots of special bricks instead of a design based on bricks they already have. :sceptic:

From what little I've looked at Kre-o, that seems to be true for all their sets that I've seen.

LEGO Star Trek would've been awesome (LEGO Intrepid - want!), but couldn't really care less for Kre-o.

This said, I am moving this topic to Community where the non-LEGO brick discussions belong.

Thanks for that. Just figured it might be interesting piece of news for Lego fans.

Star Trek has sucked since the TNG seasons ended.

Depending on who you ask it went south after TOS. Personally I consider TOS and TNG in the spirit of Roddenberry. DS9 was a really cool fanfic. After that we only got halfhearted attempts at milking fandom.

Is there actully a bridge in there?? It looks like it. Can't wait to see what this retails for and what the piece counts are.

I hadn't seen that. Good find.

From what little I've looked at Kre-o, that seems to be true for all their sets that I've seen.

LEGO Star Trek would've been awesome (LEGO Intrepid - want!), but couldn't really care less for Kre-o.

Which is exactly the reason people will still demand Lego Star Trek. However unlikely it is after this.

Goodness is Haspro so ticked off with Lego is they are going to produce Star Trek sets to get back at them for hogging Star Wars.....well more Kre-O sets sitting on toy shop shelves....they only sell when they are sold at 50% off or less.

Though I feel the only people who will buy them would be....

222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

and

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/001/2/7/the_big_bang_theory_star_trek_photomanipulation_by_rabittooth-d4kz500.jpg

:iamded_lol:

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Changed oversized pic to link.

The only reason I can think of as why LEGO didn't grab the Star Trek license first is that it's probably considered too similar to Star Wars, and so would be conflicting product lines. An understandable business move.

It's a pity that these sets are not produced by LEGO. Kre-O sets look too <insert that tiresome argument> and a bit "cartoonish", not well proportioned. LEGO designers would make a way better job.

But the worst part is the Kre-O minifig... :sick:

star-trek-kre-o-kreo-image.jpg

Edited by Lego Amaryl

What I like about this is that LEGO are the ones paying for the awful move that was to turn LEGO about licenses instead of about quality and good set design. Thanks to how they turned the game into this, then Krap-O can now compete by just getting better licenses than LEGO.

Krap-O can now compete by just getting better licenses than LEGO.

I don't see how getting a Star Trek license is better than Star Wars license.

Ditto for Megabloks Halo.

And ditto for Megabloks World of Warcraft vs Lord of the Rings. World of Warcraft has been on a steady decline for what, 3 years now? :laugh:

So this.....star-trek-kre-o-kreo-image.jpg

is meant to complete with Lego Star Wars.....I know lets find all the Cuusoo's to do with Star Trek and pump them to 10000....might force the issue for Lego to make the original series characters just like Spiderman is happening this year with MB having the film sets and Lego the comic/cartoon series ones. :wink:

Goodness me, that ship is blood awful, and the figs are :sick:, I'll grab some phaser pieces or something, or any saucer bits and MOC a ST Ship for my self, it's only the 2009 film though, so there's only really 2 ships that they can build without making them up or going for obscure 3 second ones.

Goodness me, that ship is blood awful, and the figs are :sick:, I'll grab some phaser pieces or something, or any saucer bits and MOC a ST Ship for my self, it's only the 2009 film though, so there's only really 2 ships that they can build without making them up or going for obscure 3 second ones.

Only two? I only saw the last half-hour of the film, but there are more than two potential ship-sets:

Enterprise, Narada, Jellyfish, Shuttlecraft

Only two? I only saw the last half-hour of the film, but there are more than two potential ship-sets:

Enterprise, Narada, Jellyfish, Shuttlecraft

The Enterprise along with the Kelivin are the two I meant, the Narada and Jellyfish would be very hard to do.

Goodness is Haspro so ticked off with Lego is they are going to produce Star Trek sets to get back at them for hogging Star Wars.....well more Kre-O sets sitting on toy shop shelves....they only sell when they are sold at 50% off or less.

True. But to be fair,Ultimately, I believe it was poor set designs that have kept Kre-o on store shelves. Judging from the pic in the first post, the star trek sets look a lot better than anything in their Transformer or Battleship line. Still think LEGO designers could have done a lot better, but that enterprise is a lot better than what i was expecting.

The Enterprise along with the Kelivin are the two I meant, the Narada and Jellyfish would be very hard to do.

The Narada would fall apart if you even looked at it, but the Jellyfish would be doable. They would need to use slopes, and it may be large (but the real ship was rather large), but it would be doable.

Holy Carp, that Enterprise looks awful. How do you turn one of the most graceful ship designs in the history of science fiction into such an ugly mess?

enterprise-film_s.jpg

In a way, I'm glad, because now I don't have to worry about betraying Lego. There's no way I'm putting money down for that hideous thing.

Holy Carp, that Enterprise looks awful. How do you turn one of the most graceful ship designs in the history of science fiction into such an ugly mess?

You think that the Alternate Constitution is a graceful looking ship *oh2*, it's awful, everything about it is bad.

You want graceful look no further than the sovereign Class