Ever since I got the LDD update, LDD to POV-Ray has refused to convert files unless I tell it not to generate includes, which is a problem because I don't have includes for all the parts of models I want to render, and it definitely puts a damper on rendering anything with new pieces in it.

The issue is that, partway through the include-generating process, an error pops up.

Ym7rsVM.png

According to Brickset, that ID matches the monocolor Hero Factory Savage Planet spike, which was deleted in the update, probably for its redundancy. LDD to POV-Ray seems to react to part deletion by refusing to generate includes after it concludes a part is missing.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Delete the content of the LDDIncludes folder. It will be generated again.

Include for that part is there and LDD2POVRay tries to update it (without success since the part is not in the LDD).

Is there a number to color list? I need the color # for silver.

They're listed on the color pallet in LDD or on the bottom bar when a piece is selected

I have been trying the LDD 2 Pov in a few days now and looks nice.Im complete new to the Povray.

After sucessfully ender one picture, I tried another but got some problems.

After finished the generatng files i get the message : Failed to open the file. Access denied

In the title of th box is: LDD_main.bin

Strange since it could generat the previous picture with out any problems.

Here s the messages from Povray.

Part nr.: 84, part id: 32028, max. bevel count: 48, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 85, part id: 32028, max. bevel count: 48, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 86, part id: 30413, max. bevel count: 71, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 87, part id: 32028, max. bevel count: 48, valid bevel count: 0

Part id: 3794, non-decorated

Part nr.: 88, part id: 3794, max. bevel count: 28, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 89, part id: 3832, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 90, part id: 3028, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 91, part id: 3009, max. bevel count: 76, valid bevel count: 0

Part id: 3008, non-decorated

Part nr.: 92, part id: 3008, max. bevel count: 100, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 93, part id: 3005, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 94, part id: 3005, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 95, part id: 3008, max. bevel count: 100, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 96, part id: 3009, max. bevel count: 76, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 97, part id: 3005, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 98, part id: 3008, max. bevel count: 100, valid bevel count: 0

Part id: 4081, non-decorated

Part nr.: 99, part id: 4081, max. bevel count: 44, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 100, part id: 3023, max. bevel count: 28, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 101, part id: 3023, max. bevel count: 28, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 102, part id: 3009, max. bevel count: 76, valid bevel count: 0

Part id: 4286, decorated

Part nr.: 103, part id: 4286, max. bevel count: 37, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 104, part id: 3024, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 105, part id: 15573, max. bevel count: 52, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 106, part id: 4286, max. bevel count: 37, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 107, part id: 3024, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 108, part id: 15573, max. bevel count: 52, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 109, part id: 3005, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 110, part id: 3004, max. bevel count: 28, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 111, part id: 3034, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 112, part id: 3020, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part id: 3298, decorated

Part nr.: 113, part id: 3298, max. bevel count: 15, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 114, part id: 3034, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 115, part id: 4286, max. bevel count: 37, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 116, part id: 3298, max. bevel count: 15, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 117, part id: 3298, max. bevel count: 15, valid bevel count: 0

Part id: 91988, non-decorated

Part nr.: 118, part id: 91988, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 119, part id: 3034, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 120, part id: 3034, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 121, part id: 3024, max. bevel count: 16, valid bevel count: 0

Part nr.: 122, part id: 3009, max. bevel count: 76, valid bevel count: 0

-

"\\.\LDDIncludes\ldd_main.bin" line 3388: Parse Error: Attempt to access uninitialized array element.

Render failed

-

CPU time used: kernel 4.17 seconds, user 34.24 seconds, total 38.41 seconds.

Elapsed time 45.84 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested a thrird file. I first got a grey picture but after correct the view of the model it is now render the picture.

May be there is an error in the other file.

Edited by mrfuture

With this base plane file content:

plane { y, min_extent(ldd_model).y
texture {
average
texture_map {
#declare Ind = 0;
#declare S = seed(0);
#while(Ind < 40) // higher number of iterations=less artifacts
[1
pigment { ldd_colors[1] }
finish {
ambient 0
#if (version>=3.7)
emission 0
#end
diffuse 0.2
brilliance 1
phong 0.0 phong_size 20
specular 0.0
roughness 1
reflection { 1 }
conserve_energy
}
normal {
bumps 0.05 // smaller value = less blured reflection
translate *100
scale 0.001 // scale it small(0.001) or big(1000)
}
]
#declare Ind = Ind+1;
#end
}
}
no_reflection
}

You can get floor that shows blurred reflections like this:

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_800x447_wdr.png

Amount of blur is adjustable.

Rendering of this base plane is much more slow than the rendering of the model itself.

I get an error trying to use this base plate. The wood floor one worked just fine for me. Also where did you learn about this? The information on POV-ray seems pretty limited.

Hey everyone! So I'm new to using POV-Ray and the LDD converter tool, and I'm having a bit of an issue.

Last night, I got the two tools set up great, and was able to produce this, simple render. The converter took a minute or two to set up the .lxf for POV-Ray, and then POV-Ray got straight onto doing the render, which took 15 minutes or more.

Now, this is where things get weird.

After that render was complete, I closed both programs and posted it to Flickr etc, happy with what I'd achieved. A little later, I decided to do another render, with a different .lxf file. I input the .lxf into the converter, and left the settings as default so as to attempt a high quality render. The converter created the POV-Ray file in a few seconds, which was really odd. I then went to POV-Ray and opened the new POV-Ray file, and the render also happened in seconds... But it returned a completely blank image!

I've tried and retried numerous times, with different settings, different .lxf files (even the one I rendered the first time!), and fresh boot-ups of my laptop... No success. Has anyone else encountered this error before? What did you do to fix it? Please help!

I've also attach the .lxf file I've been trying to render.

pohatu2015mods.lxf

UPDATE: Well, I tried rendering a different model, and whaddya know, it worked! I guess the .lxf I was trying to work with originally was buggy or something... Not to worry though.

Crisis averted!

Since the new 1564.2 brickset was released, I no longer able to use Ldd2povray converter.

It starts conversion then fail with this error message : "Unable to generate necessary includes. Part ID "73914" is not supported by the current brickset version."

I know that Part ID "73914" refers to part #92235 ( DESIGN POINT W.D. STICK 3.2 ) but I don't know why, after a new installation of latest versions of Ldd2povray converter and POV-Ray, ldd_brickset_index file in POV-Ray installation folder refers to a previous 1392 brickset.

There's anyone having the same issue with LDD2povray?

Delete the ldd_brickset_index file (or complete content of the LDD Includes folder), converter will generate a new one.

By default, when there is a new brickset version, LDD2POVRay generates a new version of an every include generated in the past to provide latest and up to data for all your previously converted bricks and models.

Problem is, when a part is removed from the LDD brickset by the LDD team. Converter treats it as a brickset error.

I think have a texture problem :

raheng10.png

The orange parts are supposed to be transparent (like the legs, or the upper arms armors), and I don't know how to fix that.

It's 47 - Tr. Fluore.Redd. Orange. I'm currently rendering with a lighter shade, 182 - Tr. Bright Orange, and it seems better (the head is transparent, so I guess the other parts will become transparent too).

640x356.jpg

I don't think I've seen Lego pieces this shiny unless they were purposely polished to get a glossy surface. How would I go about changing how glossy the surface is for pieces in general? I just want to dull up non-transparent pieces a bit and maybe just a tad for transparent pieces. See the upper left dark red pieces and the ones on the upper right (next to the 2-wide cheese slopes in both cases) for my problem pieces.

I've created a file for shiny parts using the guidelines by therealindy, but it turns every color shiny, not just metallic ones.

I'm trying to get a 'basic' look out of a model so that I may take renders from various angles and Photoshop them together. I'd like to get something that resembles the look of this image:

Occlusion_Render_Spaceship_by_TJFlinn.jpg

Evidently this style is known as an occlusion rendering. I have already colored the model a light gray, but I'd like to completely remove the 'shinyness' of the bricks, as that doesn't lead to results similar to the example shown. If I had to give an idea of what it'd look like, I'd say it's like damp clay - evenly colored, but not reflective or shiny by any means.

I'm trying to get a 'basic' look out of a model so that I may take renders from various angles and Photoshop them together. I'd like to get something that resembles the look of this image:

Evidently this style is known as an occlusion rendering. I have already colored the model a light gray, but I'd like to completely remove the 'shinyness' of the bricks, as that doesn't lead to results similar to the example shown. If I had to give an idea of what it'd look like, I'd say it's like damp clay - evenly colored, but not reflective or shiny by any means.

To get dull look of bricks declare your own shiny plastic finish:

#declare ldd_finish_shinyPlastic_255 =

finish {

ambient ldd_ambient_light_color

#if (version>=3.7)

emission ldd_ambient_light_color

#end

diffuse 0.6

brilliance 1

phong 0.3 phong_size 20

specular 0.4

roughness 0.02

reflection { 0.0 }

conserve_energy

}

Hi, I have a bit of a problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. LDD2POV-Ray use to work absolutely fine on my old Windows 7 system, but that computer broke and I had to get a new system running Windows 8.1 (whhich is more powerful than my old system, so requirements shouldn't be an issue). I installed LDD2POV-Ray (64 bit) on it successfully but now I can't use it as it says the CBFS driver isn't installed. However it doesn't give me any hints how to rectify this, so question is: how do I install the CBFS driver to get LDD2POV-Ray to run? I did initiate a restart on request and followed the installation process correctly, so it's a bit puzzling as to why my system hasn't installed the driver.

However, I did install LDD2POV-Ray before installing LDD on my system, is this what is causing the problem? I hardly think that it's Windows 8 (as much as I loathe it) or my system causing the problem. I'm going to try an uninstall and reinstall of LDD2POV-Ray to see if it will install the driver, but I'm not sure what I can do next if that doesn't work.

Help appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Appears performing the uninstall and reinstall did the trick, so the problem must have arisen from me installing LDD2POV-Ray before installing LDD and POV-Ray 3.7? Still doesn't explain why it originally told me installation was successful and why it didn't install the CBFS driver though, but oh well.

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Sorry to be double-posting (though it was nearly 2 weeks ago), but I have another question, this time to do with POV-Ray 3.7 parsing via LDD2POV-Ray.

Ever since I set it up on my new machine running Windows 8.1, the parsing in POV-Ray has been incredibly slow compared to my old Windows 7 machine (I've just started doing a >1200 piece model, and it took 10 and a half minutes just to finish parsing, old machine only needed about 2 minutes for a similar model). However the actual rendering speed is quite fast, slightly faster than my old machine even, so I'm not sure why the parsing is so slow. Anybody have any ideas on why it might be so slow or how to try and speed up parsing? I'm using Windows 8.1, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, AMD Quad-core processor (and it has a better general performance than my old machine) if that helps. Any insight would be appreciated!