Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur 2.0: Confirmation and Discussion

Bob, you need a new player. :sceptic:

If TheBoyWonder isn't chosen, I'll be glad to step forward.

Bob, you need a new player. :sceptic:

I've got time :sweet:

My server is alive and kicking and...no, wait, he's on holiday at the moment. Okay, count me out. Now who will serve me refreshing beverages? :cry_sad:

I've got time :sweet:

My server is alive and kicking and...no, wait, he's on holiday at the moment. Okay, count me out. Now who will serve me refreshing beverages? :cry_sad:

Since my server doesn't have a broken leg, he can kick! My server has a tray of beers for the whole crew! :laugh: On the host, of course. :wink:

:devil:

I'm picking Capt.JohnPaul. I'm sorry TBW, but I still haven't really seen much improvement in your playing style.

I'm picking Capt.JohnPaul. I'm sorry TBW, but I still haven't really seen much improvement in your playing style.

Thanks. Since it is obviously bad to post this in the game thread, anyone wanna send me the PM chains? :laugh:

EDIT: PM from Bob confirmed.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Since my server doesn't have a broken leg, he can kick! My server has a tray of beers for the whole crew! :laugh: On the host, of course. :wink:

:devil:

That sounds more like it! :sweet:

Be careful John, your new position has a reputation for leading to a quick trip to the Chamber now. :devil:

Be careful John, your new position has a reputation for leading to a quick trip to the Chamber now. :devil:

It does? :wacko: Ok.... I'll stop. :look:

What exactly was I doing?

It does? :wacko: Ok.... I'll stop. :look:

What exactly was I doing?

Nothing. He's actually not completely accurate. The player who previously had your role is now chambered. Flipz, who never played your role...or did he?...maybe in the simulation?...is in the chamber as well. You've done nothing wrong...except for use that stupid acronym. :hmpf:

Nothing. He's actually not completely accurate. The player who previously had your role is now chambered. Flipz, who never played your role...or did he?...maybe in the simulation?...is in the chamber as well. You've done nothing wrong...except for use that stupid acronym. :hmpf:

You're right, Flipz was that smiling guy in the beret. :wacko:

I'm sorry again Hinckley.

OMGYS.

(Better? :grin: )

OMGYS.

(Better? :grin: )

Slightly. The best way to communicate is with words. But it's definitely preferred to OMGUS...if you really have to.

I have a rule question. I understand that you can't quote anything from the host via pm, but what does this mean?:

Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

I have a rule question. I understand that you can't quote anything from the host via pm, but what does this mean?:

For example, if you're Town and have a power role (night action), you could use the wording and structure of the Role PM to confirm other townies with night actions. A Scum (or a townie without a night action) wouldn't be aware of the exact wording used in your (Town) Role PM. To counter this behaviour Hinckley used random role names in Steampunk Mafia. An alternative, for the host, is to disclose the basic Town and Scum Role PMs publicly.

If your role PM says, "Welcome to the game, Excalibur 2.0. You have the spendubiously spectacular job of being Townie-towntastic!" Asking other people if they have any weird words in their PM, just to confirm that they're townie-towntastic is cheating. This should be more the host's responsibility to make this sort of thing impossible. Another example was in IMHOTEP (which is not an acronym) where some of the townies with Night Actions had pictures to go with what it was they carried to achieve that action. Sharing the picture to prove you have a night action would be against the rules. Although, easy enough to fake. Some hosts vary the way they structure the role PMs so that nobody's is the same. Others post the structure in the rules so that everyone sees the structure and therefore wouldn't be able to use it to their advantage to verify people. Also, in IMHOTEP, I learned on the first day what a big portion of the role PMs was for vanilla vs. Night Action townies, so I planted "easter eggs" in a lot of my posts to see if I could get Night Action townies and vanillas to trust me and claim to me and form a town block. This was a questionable move, according to the rules. The hosts couldn't give me a penalty vote because it would verify that I was right and therefore potentially blow the game apart. If the hosts stepped in all the time whether the claim was false or not, that wouldn't be a concern, but I find the best way to avoid that is for the host to post the role PMs so that nobody could attempt that. Quite honestly, it was against the rules for me to attempt that. :blush: The hosts did the best they could with runaway Hinck. :blush:

For example, if you're Town and have a power role (night action), you could use the wording and structure of the Role PM to confirm other townies with night actions. A Scum (or a townie without a night action) wouldn't be aware of the exact wording used in your (Town) Role PM. To counter this behaviour Hinckley used random role names in Steampunk Mafia. An alternative, for the host, is to disclose the basic Town and Scum Role PMs publicly.

Ok thank you.

EDIT: Hinckley, wow. *huh* Never thought you would do that, you could've been the first Flipz! :laugh:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

To counter this behaviour Hinckley used random role names in Steampunk Mafia. An alternative, for the host, is to disclose the basic Town and Scum Role PMs publicly.

Bicycle Thief was my favorite! :wub:

Oh no. I bet tomorrow is when we enter the Event Horizon. :cry_sad:

Will Sam Neill be there? Is that where we drift into Hell?

Will Sam Neill be there? Is that where we drift into Hell?

I don't know.

Our bodies certainly won't. According to the Conservation of Information.

I don't know.

Our bodies certainly won't. According to the Conservation of Information.

The COI??

The COI??

Yep. Information (matter, particles, etc.) can't be destroyed. (or lost forever.) We used to think that with black holes, but the matter that is sucked in still exists, you just can't get it.

Quite honestly, it was against the rules for me to attempt that. :blush: The hosts did the best they could with runaway Hinck. :blush:

Annoyingly, we had deliberately structured the PMs to prevent that :hmpf: , and we hadn't wanted to post the role PMs initially as it would have given away a crucial game mechanic (the presence, and thus importance, of Virgins).

It was a complicated issue, and a learning point too.

Slightly. The best way to communicate is with words. But it's definitely preferred to OMGUS...if you really have to.

I was quite proud of my use of a traditional EB Mafia acronym, ALATC. Acting Like A Total Carrot dates back to Mystery Castle, although the exact meaning of acting like a carrot has been somewhat lost in the twisted turns we have made through space-time. Fun stuff though.

Carrot anyone?

I was quite proud of my use of a traditional EB Mafia acronym, ALATC. Acting Like A Total Carrot dates back to Mystery Castle, although the exact meaning of acting like a carrot has been somewhat lost in the twisted turns we have made through space-time. Fun stuff though.

Carrot anyone?

That's just offensive.