Legeaux

The Whaling Brig 'Egregious'

roughlongboat2.jpg

I notice the man standing on the front of the boat has a spyglass, how did you make it?

A long boat! 8-o

ten08.jpg

Do you mean: It is a long boat! Or do you mean longboat?

There are differences...

I notice the man standing on the front of the boat has a spyglass, how did you make it?

Do you mean: It is a long boat! Or do you mean longboat?

There are differences...

The spy glass is just a light bley lightsaber handle and a 1x1 round light bley brick. Topped off with a 1x1 round clear plate.

I didn't know there are differences, please explain.

EDIT FOR MR TIBER:

bleyspyglass.jpg

here's the pic you requested right after this post. (sorry it's blurry)

The spy glass is just a light bley lightsaber handle and a 1x1 round light bley brick. Topped off with a 1x1 round clear plate.

I didn't know there are differences, please explain.

Can you give me a more clear shot of the spyglass? It looks to me , the cone is stud to stud with the lightsaber handle.

About the longboat, you can have a boat which is long: a long boat

but as far as I'm aware, a longboat is somekind of sloop...(without masts or sails)

Nice ship Mr.Dulin! It is so nice to see a tall ship from the end of the sailing age with a quaterdeck instead of a sterncastle, adds great variation as most MOC ships out there are from a much earlier time period. I love the realistic color scheme, abundant details and I see your using some of your 4+ hats in there X-D (the admiral is OK but the rag hats looks a bit weird!). Does she have an interior?

Can you give me a more clear shot of the spyglass? It looks to me , the cone is stud to stud with the lightsaber handle.

Heehee

1_spyglass.jpg

construction.jpg

I was too lazy to find a trans-clear but trans-light-blue works.

About the longboat, you can have a boat which is long: a long boat

but as far as I'm aware, a longboat is somekind of sloop...(without masts or sails)

The correct term is Long boat, it's a double-banked long row boat not to be confused with a Longship; nor with a narrowboat.

A long boat! 8-o

What did you use to cut the sterns off the boats so smoothly?

ten08.jpg_thumb.jpg

I used a hacksaw... but any fine toothed saw will work. The saw isn't as important as how you cut - I made a jig out of expendable bricks secured 3 studs forward of the stern, turned it over, and cut through from the bottom up, keeping the saw blade hard against the jig (the jig bricks will get scratched and scuffed). After sawing, the cut edges needed to be tidied a bit (a quick go over with fine emery paper if the sawing was accurate, a bit of work with a craft knife if not).

MIND THE COLORS PLEASE, I JUST THREW THIS THING TOGETHER

roughlongboat.jpg_thumb.jpg

roughlongboat2.jpg_thumb.jpg

along these lines is what i was talking about. i still like your design much better.

i've only got certain sizes in flex hoses and most of my color appropriate click hings are already being used in my frigate. I'll probably keep it built until i come up with a better bow design. Cause i'd like to have my own longboats for my frigate maybe.

That works very well. Impressive. (Particularly for something just thrown together).

I will have to experiment.

I've been admiring this beautiful MOC for a while now, I love the tan snot, the subtle curves, the sleek look, and the relative size/scale of the whole model. Great work, you are really tempting me into the ship market...

God Bless,

Nathan

I've been admiring this beautiful MOC for a while now, I love the tan snot, the subtle curves, the sleek look, and the relative size/scale of the whole model.

Thanks! I've got it lined up on a shelf with a few of my other vessels, and I think it's the best looking by a fair margin.

Great work, you are really tempting me into the ship market...

Excellent!

Why does one man have a blue tricorne? COuld you post a pic of him?

*The thumbnail isn't working, but click it and the window works*

post-1009-1172435790_thumb.jpg