Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 37: Princess Panic

641 posts in this topic

~This topic is for chosen heroes only. If you want to learn how to play, visit the Rules & Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

title.jpg

The heroes, having no employer, other than the Princess, have no one to go to meet. So they just book a trip at the dock. They sail to "Château de la Ville," where the letter told them to go. The view of the city comes into view.

city.png

You have 24 hours to confirm. Let's get this started! :classic:

Party:

warden_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall, Level 18 Warden *hastened* *Party Leader*

Power: 29 (28 for ranged attacks) Health: 33/33 Gold: 4

Inventory: Wave Sword (WP:11, cursed effect), Crossbow of the Pongcanis (Darkness Elemental, Ice Elemental, Light Elemental), Armor of the Draugr (max health +2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel

drake_1.jpg

Drake Flamerobe,level 5 knight 39 year old male human

Power:10 Health:14/14 Gold:292 Inventory:Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion, Phoenix essence, Tonic, Greatsword(WP:5),shovel,bedroll

zTI3J.png

Sorrow, Level 5 Rogue - HP: 11/11 Gold: 191 Power: 10

Inventory: Longsword (WP = 5) Steel Fan (WP = 12) Scythe (WP = 3) Potion x2, Venom, Pheonix Essence, Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Nostrum x2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take a swig of the glass of water I had been drinking on the boat.

"Well, here we are. First, I'd like to equip my Steel Fan.

Seems like a rather humble place to have a princess - but it matters not. Assuming that this is royalty that got nabbed, surely we could ask townspeople for info?"

OOC: Inventory looks good. I just want the Steel fan in front of the Longsword din my inventory, thats all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Inventory looks good. I just want the Steel fan in front of the Longsword din my inventory, thats all.

Done. :classic:

I take a swig of the glass of water I had been drinking on the boat.

What water? That wasn't in your inventory. They charge you money for that. :poke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done. :classic:

What water? That wasn't in your inventory. They charge you money for that. :poke:

OOC: Look, If we go through the trouble to book a cruise, I at least expect complimentary beverages! :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Look, If we go through the trouble to book a cruise, I at least expect complimentary beverages! :tongue:

Fair enough.

What did the cruise cost? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough.

What did the cruise cost? :laugh:

OOC: ...I think I'll just put it on Ms Princess's tab. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm here!

But my inventory really isn't right. You forgot my whole second row! :tongue:

So add on:

Potion x6, Venom x3, Mead x3, Smoke Bomb x2, Remedy x1, Lightning Bomb x1, Smelling Salts x1, Nostrum x1, Grand Potion x1

And also, my crossbow's WP is 10 :wink: You forgot to mention that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm here!

But my inventory really isn't right. You forgot my whole second row! :tongue:

So add on:

Potion x6, Venom x3, Mead x3, Smoke Bomb x2, Remedy x1, Lightning Bomb x1, Smelling Salts x1, Nostrum x1, Grand Potion x1

And also, my crossbow's WP is 10 :wink: You forgot to mention that.

"How'd you like the cruise, Benji?"

I say, taking a swig of water.

"Thank Helvetia Byblos booked it for us."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say, taking a swig of water.

:facepalm:

Party:

warden_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall, Level 18 Warden *hastened* *Party Leader*

Power: 29 (28 for ranged attacks) Health: 33/33 Gold: 4

Inventory: Wave Sword (WP:11, cursed effect), Crossbow of the Pongcanis(WP: 10) (Darkness Elemental, Ice Elemental, Light Elemental), Armor of the Draugr (max health +2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion x6, Venom x3, Mead x3, Smoke Bomb x2, Remedy x1, Lightning Bomb x1, Smelling Salts x1, Nostrum x1, Grand Potion x1

drake_1.jpg

Drake Flamerobe,level 5 knight 39 year old male human

Power:10 Health:14/14 Gold:292 Inventory:Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion, Phoenix essence, Tonic, Greatsword(WP:5),shovel,bedroll

zTI3J.png

Sorrow, Level 5 Rogue - HP: 11/11 Gold: 191 Power: 10

Inventory: ) Steel Fan (WP = 12) Longsword (WP = 5) Scythe (WP = 3) Potion x2, Venom, Pheonix Essence, Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Nostrum x2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Erm, what happens if Drake doesn't confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QM Note: Flare, is it ok for you to control Drake/xxlrocka for today and tomorrow? If he doesn’t post then, I’ll return him to the Hall and get another hero

The heroes step off the luxurious Sorrow of the Seas. They find themselves in the dock area of the city. They realize that the city is broken into 3 sections. The East is the docks. The South West is residential areas and main buildings. North lies the farms and markets. Each lead through a grove of trees and grass to a large tower in the middle. You currently spy 3 tough, greedy looking guards patrolling the wall.

map.jpg

The map and how it works.

The tower’s only door is the one facing South, by the trail.

Each colored dash represents a window. Red dashes are 1st story windows. Blue identifies windows on the second story. Green is the only window on the 3rd story. And last, yellow is the top floor.

Note: Sorrow/Endgame, I’m still trying to get your picture on the map, but it’s not working. I think I fixed it. But for now, you will be represented by a Red Question mark. :grin:

Objective

You must recruit people and or construct siege equipment to lead an assault on the tower. You may choose to do none of those things. And just fight your way in. This is not advised.

Note: This is similar to Brickdoctor’s Quest #17.

Where would the party like to go? Who do they talk to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Huh. This is an odd city... My presence here is questionable.*"

"Anyway, I vote we first go to the Market Place. If we want to convince the townspeople we're going to lay siege to the tower, we need a siege weapon first. I'm assuming they'll have some basic materials and whatnot."

OOC: *Sorry, I had to! :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Huh. This is an odd city... My presence here is questionable.*"

"Anyway, I vote we first go to the Market Place. If we want to convince the townspeople we're going to lay siege to the tower, we need a siege weapon first. I'm assuming they'll have some basic materials and whatnot."

OOC: *Sorry, I had to! :tongue:

"Sounds like a good idea, my little friend. I say that we go to the market place."

OOC: I'll take care of Drake if the need arises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sounds like a good idea, my little friend. I say that we go to the market place."

OOC: I'll take care of Drake if the need arises.

"...Erm, little? We're equal in height."

"Why, the nerve of that warden...!"

"Eh, doesn't matter. Any ideas for siege machines?"

Edited by Endgame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"...Erm, little? We're equal in height."

"Why, the nerve of that warden...!"

"Eh, doesn't matter. Any ideas for siege machines?"

OOC: Ooh, sorry, from your icon it looked to me that you used short legs on Sorrow :tongue:

"Erm, uh, yeah, well, I meant that you're little in the way that I'm level 18 and you're only 5. But anyways, I am 2 inches taller" :sadnew:

"Yeah, siege machine? Uh... we could get a catapult, and shoot you up? You don't look very heavy, and I doubt that an alter ego adds much weight, so I don't see why that wouldn't work..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You travel to the market. You see a farmer selling things to your left. A bigger stall farther down the track. A Weapons tent on your right. Strangely, 2 guards in dark colored armor stand guard. You notice that another guard, wearing blue, stands to the right. Something's fishy.

market.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Ooh, sorry, from your icon it looked to me that you used short legs on Sorrow :tongue:

"Erm, uh, yeah, well, I meant that you're little in the way that I'm level 18 and you're only 5. But anyways, I am 2 inches taller" :sadnew:

"Yeah, siege machine? Uh... we could get a catapult, and shoot you up? You don't look very heavy, and I doubt that an alter ego adds much weight, so I don't see why that wouldn't work..."

"You seem to be forgetting the fact that the tower is made out of stone, not taffy. I'd rather not be a stain on a tower wall. :blush: "

"But what we make depends solely on waht they sell here."

I walk over to the dark clad guard.

"Excuse me, sir, any reason the marketplace needs armed guards?"

"I'm pretty sure they are in state of emergency here - just a guess."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I walk over to the dark clad guard.

"Excuse me, sir, any reason the marketplace needs armed guards?"

drkcrusader.png

"Hey! :angry: That's Lord to you. If you weren't a foreigner, I'd have your backside whipped! Now be off, before you are reported to the Fantome Croise."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drkcrusader.png

"Hey! :angry: That's Lord to you. If you weren't a foreigner, I'd have your backside whipped! Now be off, before you are reported to the Fantome Croise."

Touchy, touchy. I walk back over to Benji and Drake.

"You guys both have diplomacy, right?" I say in a hardly audible whisper "Try double teaming him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No need to be hasty. Lets look around at the different places first. Lets start off with the weapons tent."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No need to be hasty. Lets look around at the different places first. Lets start off with the weapons tent."

"Fair enough. Perhaps we'll be able to get our... supplies... there."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fair enough. Perhaps we'll be able to get our... supplies... there."

"I've noticed that you have quite a bit of gold, if we find anything of value that I might be interested in, do you think that I might be able to borrow some from you?"

Edited by Flare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I've noticed that you have quite a bit of gold, if we find anything of value that I might be interested in, do you think that I might be able to borrow some from you?"

"Sure. Your coin pouch does like pretty... vacant."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sure. Your coin pouch does like pretty... vacant."

"Yeah, it definitely feels pretty empty... didn't get much gold from my last quest, we sorta failed. I'd prefer to not talk about it, I think you'd understand."

It seems as if a dark shadow has fallen over Benji, as he recalls his failed quest, that dreadful spot on his record at Heroica that will never be cleaned...

Edited by Flare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You walk to the Weapon shop, ran by a Charis Guard. (Charis is the country you're in, if you don't know.)

charisguard.png

"Uhh.. umm.. greetings. Y-you s-see, we uh, have these available to buy:"

Crossbow (WP: 1) 10 gold

Spear (WP: 5) 50 gold

Throwing knife (WP 5) 50 gold

We also have items to rent. (Must be returned at the end of the quest.)

Rent:

Crossbow w/ Iron sights (WP: 4) (Grants *Lucky* effect while equipped.) 40 gold

Blued Sword (WP: 8) 90 gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.