Hello all,

I finally have the time to upload my latest MOC, a completely RC Feller Buncher.

img_0001.jpg

Originally this MOC was made as a load for my next MOC to be uploaded, a Mack truck with goose-neck trailer(which should be published within the next month).

img_6659.jpg

This MOC was actually one of the easier to build. For the most part, I had enough room in the super structure to fit all of the motors and electronics. Sorry Allanp, I used LA's because of their more precise control than pneumatic cylinders. Another first in this model, I have used high power RC Truck lights int he front and back. These LED's are so bright they can light a path for the machine!

img_6656.jpg

One of the most fun parts of the build was creating the feller head. I wanted to include the grapple and also a spinning blade at the bottom. Unfortunately I had no space for the blade. Some of the slopes are different colors because I do not have enough in yellow.

img_6652.jpg

The arm is very flexible and is very fun to play around with. I used Lego trees to practice on.

img_6669.jpg

The drive train was a challenge. I wanted to have the most ground clearance as possible, so I had to fit the motors inside the tracks. The resulting gear train actually works pretty well.

img_6649.jpg

The video gives a much more in depth review of the functions as well as some outside felling!

Also, you can follow me on Facebook for more WIP photos and updates as I build.

Facebook Page

Thank you for looking at my MOC. Any comments and critique are appreciated.

Tim

Nice Lego Feller-Buncher! :thumbup: It has the look of the real machines featured in the popular "Swamp Loggers" TV show. I like your use of Linear Actuators too.

822c.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Well done :) The movements are very smooth.

Your truck looks also very nice, do you have soms more closup pics?

looking forward to your next MOC.

grts

Stephen

What a nice looking and good functioning model!

Wow!

Really looks fun on the video and that drive train looks really cool. I like the use of gears that way.

Thanks guys :sweet: .

Your truck looks also very nice, do you have soms more closup pics?

Yes I will post more photos and a video within the next month :classic: .

tim

Na........ not for my liking the side is way too square and the arm too,also the head is ment to rotate.:wacko:

Other things i noticed are:

No mirrors

The top of the head is weak

No seat/interor

I look forward to your next moc.:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Wow that is so clean and awesomeness just oozes out of it... I am so Jelly! :laugh:

Also love the little critter running up and down the first tree you "chop" in the video :tongue:

Edited by Rodeown

Also love the little critter running up and down the first tree you "chop" in the video :tongue:

I saw the bug too while filming but i was to frustrated to stop and start over :blush: . A little behind the scenes, this shot for the video was about my 7th or 8th attempt so I did not want to stop and start over again.

tim

I like how you mounted your mLA with the bevel gears to open/close the claw. :thumbup:

Thank you, although I can not take complete credit:

8.jpg

tim

I often wonder if I inspired the forestry MOCs...I put up a thread about being a huge fan of Ax Men on History Channel, that is one great looking feller-buncher...better than the design I had put on paper...looks like the base of the 8043?

Glad I decided to venture into the technic forum. THis is really cool :thumbup: and I might need to buy some technic now.

@turtleman2020 - after your 172nd post, surprised you haven't bought any Technic yet, though I'm not sure if post count carries over from different themes or not...Technic is where its at, I was into space themes in the 90's and early into the 2000's, but once I bought my 8448 Supercar in 2001, I was hooked on Technic and though I do buy a few City sets from time to time just because they seem to fit into my construction scenes (like the 7632 Crawler Crane and the Single Drum Roller, can't recall the set # off hand), I'm a diehard Technic fan, and am glad I found this forum in 2010, I have seen more and more spectacular MOC's and MOD's than I ever would have thought and have made quite a few friends here, a couple right in Michigan where I live...one right downtown from me that I have bought a good deal from last year...

Edited by TechnicFreak

I often wonder if I inspired the forestry MOCs...looks like the base of the 8043?

Actually, yes you partially inspired me. I was looking for a load for the goose-neck truck and when I saw your thread I decided on a fellerbuncher. I was originally going to make a skidder to go along with it, but I ran out of PF receivers :sad: . The base is 100% MOC- the 8043 base is made from studless and does not hold any of the motors in it.

tim

Nice one! :thumbup:

I like it a lot, works very nice from what I can tell when seeing the vid.

I can imagine playing with it/the arm is very much fun indeed!

Tim you know i was only pulling your leg now,you don't need to run to mummy just yet.:laugh:

Its a very nice moc,There is still room for improvement but every moc has that (even my own).:classic:

That truck looks very cool as well.:wink:

Its a very nice moc,There is still room for improvement but every moc has that (even my own).:classic:

That truck looks very cool as well.:wink:

You will be happy with the truck then, it has both mirrors, an interior with seats, and a steering wheel :wink: .

tim