291584.jpg

It uses the electronics and actuators from 8043, and the wheels from 8264.

291585.jpg

Here is a video which explains how it works, with some basic instructions:

This model was built and refined over a period of one year, although only with some handful of hours per month.

The transmission was fairly easy to finish, but getting the boom/tilt geometry correct took a lot of trial and error. It's still not perfect, I would have preferred that it tilted further backwards in the lower boom position. But it works quite well.

The connection between the chassis and the superstructure also took some refinement. It needs to be solid, and well integrated with the transmission and boom/tilt mechanisms, to avoid a too large footprint.

Also, the weight balance was a challenge. Originally, I wanted to place the battery box further back, but the vehicle would tip backwards when accelerating. Hence, both the drive motors and the battery box were put as far forward as possible.

Edited by fredrigl

Thanks for your comments. This model was built and refined over a period of one year, although only with some handful of hours per month.

The transmission was fairly easy to finish, but getting the boom/tilt geometry correct took a lot of trial and error. It's still not perfect, I would have preferred that it tilted further backwards in the lower boom position. But it works quite well.

The connection between the chassis and the superstructure also took some refinement. It needs to be solid, and well integrated with the transmission and boom/tilt mechanisms, to avoid a too large footprint.

Also, the weight balance was a challenge. Originally, I wanted to place the battery box further back, but the vehicle would tip backwards when accelerating. Hence, both the drive motors and the battery box were put as far forward as possible.

Very nice MOC indeed. Good work :thumbup:

Only point of critique would be the speed of the Booms and bucket, seems a bit slow (?)

I started on one myself several times already, but I can 't quite seem to finish one :tongue:

Thanks for the comments. The instructions are not as clear as in the LEGO models you can buy in the shops, but by looking at several of the images, it should be possible to recreate it.

hey im only new to this but am looking everywhere on where to or how buy or build one of these for my lego crazy partner for birthday/Christmas. this is amazing an you have done an amazing job. if you could help me out of point me in right direction it would be beyond greatly appricated. thanks n look forward to hearing from you.

I would suggest taking a look at Jennifer Clark's Skid Steer Loader, as that is the only one I know of with instructions for sale.

loader_250.png

who made this one is it possible to get them to make me one an ill pay cost plus time ect. thanks . again im only new to this blog thing.sorry guys

I have made alot of lego throughout time but nothing this big.I have lots lego built but I woulf buy all parts to make so dont have undo ones I have made. thank agains

O really love it, think you should do something else proper instructions or an mlcad file, there are not enough instructions for moc's lime this.