Sign in to follow this  
lego_legis_legere

[M.O.C.] The Black Pearl 2.0

[pid][/pid] 138B

Hi,

I already posted few month ago a preleminary version of a modified Black Pearl 4184. Without further pieces, it was not yet satisfying : now I can show you the end of my W.I.P. which started in December 2011.

I was inspired by P.O.T.C. video game and I added modified P.O.P.'s minifigures to the original crew.

Any suggestions are welcome.

7487032230_31b2b93c76_c.jpg

7487056990_fe29fd692a_c.jpg

7487053850_4398bd94a1_c.jpg

7487059758_9c529459cf_c.jpg

7487058754_e64c8f634d_c.jpg

7487057788_0abce1b9e5_c.jpg

7487053054_144a4d38a3_c.jpg

Hey,

this is indeed really sweet and fair=) and finally the poop deck swine of the movies found its way on the ship=)

and finally the poop deck swine of the movies found its way on the ship

And the female goat too (visible in the third movie). Thanks for your comment

Excellent modifications!

Thanks mate !

Actually, I was inspired by many M.O.C. when I desgined it : your version of the Queen Anne's Revenge was very useful (it is such a great ship !)

Better size and detail, absolutely, but I think it still really needs a proper deck. Even if below isn't minifig height, it really adds to the model if it has a proper flat surface to display dudes on.

I think this is very much how the official set should have been in the first place !

Thanks : I agree with you. Indeed, the official set was too poor for such a great ship (only 2 cannons ! Now there are 4, and the place for 6 each side of the hull).

If it can help Eurobrickers, I will post this week the instructions (with L.D.D.).

Thank you guys for commenting my work.

Much much better than the original! It is relatively small yet full of detail and life, I think its fantastic, great job pirate_classic.gif

My only suggestion: aren't those side ladders a bit too close too each other (the gap between the steps is too short)?

My only suggestion: aren't those side ladders a bit too close too each other (the gap between the steps is too short)?

Thanks,

I tried to put a space between each steps of the side ladder, but it disturbed the proportion between the hull and the piece (what's the LEGO name for this?) which made the link with the rope ladder of the mast.

When The Black Pearl 3.0 will come (why not if I feel inspired) I will work on it.

Hello, you are welcome with your ship next year in Belgium at brickmania from Belug.

We will try to make a large lay out like the American members.

I hope we get some eurobrick members over here in wetteren.

Also nice meeting you at fanabriques !!