Sign in to follow this  
Mr Misty

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A

Wow, incredible work! Crazy amound of detail, especially with the shaping, and details like the docking bay! Hard to pull off at that scale. I am impressed! Funny, I was just watching Star Trek... :wub:

Wow! What a great MOC of my absolute favorite starship of all time! I think the 1701-A is the most realistic Star Trek ship they have done. While I like all versions of the Enterprise, some of the more recent ones seem a little far-fetched in their capabilities (I've always had a hard time swallowing the Holodeck concept)

Thank you for giving us so many great "movie" angles- I swear I heard Jerry Goldsmith's Enterprise theme playing. Your shuttlebay is great- none of the official model kits had one. Using line to support the nacelles is a great idea. I've tried building the A many years ago and the biggest roadblock was always the pylons.

Just wondering- Do you have any plans to do the lettering on the hull? I don't know if I would do it in bricks as it might come out a little blocky. Plus I really like the font they use on starfleet vessels during the film series. It's called Star Fleet Bold Extended. Yes, "Get a life" Trekkie here!

Again, beautiful job and I agree a Klingon Bird of Prey or Cruiser would look fantastic trying to get in a lucky shot!

Actually I was thinking about trying to use a set of decals from the 1/350 scale model that was sold a few years ago. I actually have that model sitting in my closet but I never built it because I was saving up to buy a pre wired electrical system from a Trek model site. I was also worried about where I would put it when it was finished which seems silly now that I have a slightly larger one made of Lego. I could get a set of the decals off Ebay for about $50 but for the time being I think she's gonna go letter less. Maybe someday in the future I'll get bored though. :classic:

I didn't even realize I was using movie angles when I shot the photos. I just shot from where she looked best. Guess they did the same thing when they made the films :wink: Though I bet they had a lot more room to shoot in those Paramont sound stages, I was pretty much on top of her when I photographed her :laugh:

Someday I might tackle a Klingon Bird Of Prey. It's a favorite design of mine too, I loved how the wings folded up and down. I actually have the playmates toy sitting near my desk and with the addition of all these new shapes and colors by Lego over the past few years it might actually be a fun easy build plus it would be a lot smaller than a Constitution class unless I decide to go overboard like I did with this one. :classic:

Edited by Mr Misty

Nice.

And to add fuel to the debate, I recon NX01 is the best, followed by NCC-1701-D.

Wow, what an incredible model. I was loving it as I scrolled down the page, and when I saw the shuttle bay I must admit that my grin grew even larger. Very well done.

Very impressive! The big sensor/deflector dish could maybe use another pass, the white frame is sticking out quite far and isn't really round.

Still, nice work overall. Enterprise B next? :cry_happy:

Hey that's really cool, nice job man! Glad to see someone made the old E work in LEGO form, she sure wasn't designed with gravity in mind. :D

Now we can recreate the battle in the Mutara Nebula!

(I've always had a hard time swallowing the Holodeck concept)

But FTL travel is realistic :laugh:.

Very impressive! The big sensor/deflector dish could maybe use another pass, the white frame is sticking out quite far and isn't really round.

Still, nice work overall. Enterprise B next?

I do wish I could have made it a little rounder but I think it works well.

As for the B... well like I said before, I'm kinda out of room :laugh: but I was constantly thinking of an Excelsior class when I was building this one. Probably helps that I keep a model of the B on my desk :classic:

Hey that's really cool, nice job man! Glad to see someone made the old E work in LEGO form, she sure wasn't designed with gravity in mind. :D

Now we can recreate the battle in the Mutara Nebula!

Gravity and stress (Both the engineering and mental kind :wink: ) were big problems to overcome with this build. I'm glad you like the old girl so much, especially after the fantastic job you did on the Reliant. I nearly fell over when I first saw her :sweet:

It would be cool to recreate the Mutara Nebula battle. Unfortunately it would result in the destruction of your reliant and severe damage to my Enterprise :laugh:

Now that I think of it I guess that's another good reason to keep the decals off of her, she can be both the refit 1701 from movies 1-3 and the A from movies 4-6 :classic:

Captain on deck! All hands to your posts! Great model. Fantastic photos, too. This model made me tingly all over, like standing too close to the antimatter reactor or something. I was going to try to work on my cars today, but for now I'm just going to veg on the couch with some ST on netflix. Thanks alot! :tongue:

Awesome work, dude! I love this. :wub: It's a really difficult shape to render into LEGO but I think you've done a wonderful job. :thumbup: Refit 1701 / 1701-A is my favourite Enterprise.

Oh, and I'd love to see a Bird of Prey! Might have a go myself one day. :laugh:

One minor criticism: the patterns on the nacelle pylons are different on inboard and outboard aspects:

enterprise_ncc_1701_heavy_cruiser-30446.jpg

enterprise_8_copy.jpg

Ok, it's a really tiny point and I've proved my ST nerdiness by mentioning it! :laugh: Ignore me - your MOC is fab :thumbup:

Awesome work, dude! I love this. :wub: It's a really difficult shape to render into LEGO but I think you've done a wonderful job. :thumbup: Refit 1701 / 1701-A is my favourite Enterprise.

Oh, and I'd love to see a Bird of Prey! Might have a go myself one day. :laugh:

One minor criticism: the patterns on the nacelle pylons are different on inboard and outboard aspects:

enterprise_ncc_1701_heavy_cruiser-30446.jpg

enterprise_8_copy.jpg

Ok, it's a really tiny point and I've proved my ST nerdiness by mentioning it! :laugh: Ignore me - your MOC is fab :thumbup:

Good eye. :classic:

That part of the ship caused me quite a bit of trouble, I tried several different wedge plates on the outboard side of the pylon to try to match the look but none of them seemed right. So I decided to leave it as you see it.

I've never seen any Star Trek before, but it's impossible not to know what that iconic ship is.... Outstanding work!

Amazing model. I would have assumed that the saucer and engine nacelles in particular must be stability nightmares, but you seem to have mastered that!

Yeah, I think everyone has already said everything that I would say, but I just wanted to add that that's always been a favorite Enterprise of mine as well--I remember in the pre-internet time (shudder) poring over the book "Mister Scott's Guide to the Enterprise" and going over every curve and angle and detail, and you've done a fantastic job bringing her to life here. I especially love the curves of the saucer (incredible job) and the area around the photon torpedo tubes. When I was in math class and learning how to draw starships (instead of doing my math assignments), that was an area I was always particularly fond of for some reason. Like...mastering that part really MADE it the Enterprise. I dunno.

In any case, you did an amazing job. That's a masterpiece. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, the only kre-o set that I ever had any intrest in was the USS Missouri from the movie Battleship, until I saw the set, what a disappointment the high price tag didn't help either. I cringed when I saw the kre-o Enterprise, though not as bad as I did when I saw the movie in 2009. It actually made me sick to my stomach, though on the bright side the re-boot was so horrible that it reawakened my love of all other things Trek. i just hope J.J. doesn't screw up Star Wars like he did with Star Trek. Then again I've seen some Star Wars fans get pretty violent, it would make me smile if some angry fans went all dark side on the scruffy looking nerf herder.