reload

MOC: LEGO Colosseum

Hi All,

I was again reminded how I need to be posting on EB, so many apologies for my oversight.

But anyway here is my latest creation, a LEGO Colosseum, approx 200,000 bricks, just over a months work and I hoe something you will enjoy.

(As always i had a heck of a lot of fun doing the little details!)

A big thanks to Gabe who gave me a hand on the project.

Lots more pictures on Flickr. (linked in my signature too)

colo2.jpg

colo3.jpg

The small details, and even the concept of the past and present in one creation. Phenomenal.

I really liked how you did a split style, one side as it may have looked like centuries ago when it was new, and other side as it looks today.

Stunning! And you only spent about a month building it? Amazing... well done!

Incredibly amazing :oh: But I wouldn't expect anything less from a LEGO certified professional :laugh:

I especially like the ruined side, it looks so realistic :thumbup:

Holy guacamole, this is the best colosseum made in Lego I have seen.

Wonderful. :wub_drool:

Love this! I will spend more time drooling over the additional photos and details later but I love how you have split it to be a ruin on one side and how it would look in its prime on the other!

Mikey

I love the difference between the modern and pat sides. I thought it was all in the past until I saw one of the vans in the last picture and thought "What?" :wacko:

Oh my god, it's the popemobile!!

Oh, and the thingy is great as well... :tongue:

No, truly sir, this is just magnificent! Love it!

Great stuff Ryan, it looks absolutly fantastic - great photos too! :thumbup: It looks right at home in the Nicholson museum there, i just wish i lived close enough to pop in and view it in situ.

This was such a fun project to be a part of, so thankyou again for the opportunity! :classic:

Brilliant! Absolutely fantastic, and the split between how it looked in its prime and modern day is a great idea, and brilliantly executed.

Any chance of it making an appearance at BrickExpo in Canberra next month? I'd love to see this up close. ;-)

That is absolutely stunning! *oh2* To be able to make such a detailed replica, you must have a lot of talent... Anyway, keep up the great work.

So that's why I can't find any white bricks... you used them all!

Seriously, though, it's gorgeous. A cool concept brilliantly executed.

Nice work on giving it the aged treatment! Gonna make a complete version of how it was in Roman Times :tongue:? Although, it actually seems kinda too small for it to be the Coloseum.

Edited by DraikNova

I'm speachless! Almost, that is... :blush: This is an amazing work! There are so many nice little details that give life to the Colosseum. The transtion from roman to modern ages is fantastic and depicts the building really nicely. The fountain design is great, looks very clear and fits in nicely. I've been to Colosseum few years ago, and your build is equally impressive as the original Colosseum! I noticed some of the minifigure torsos - they look 'antique' and I haven't seen them before. Do you mind asking where are these from?

7463430580_c3aba90619.jpg

That looks awesome. I love the new and old idea and there is so much going on in the build. I've been waiting to see this after you told me you where working on it. :thumbup:

Fantastic, awesome, shocking, stunning, amazing! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just curious: is there an LDD of it? How was it planned?