Captain BeerBeard

Drow Attack on Hopsendootle Brewery

After a month of attack's from Avalonia the Drow retaliate by unleashing an ungodly monstrosity.

Belafein, the Burning Bane is the largest dragon ever to be seen in Historica.

It took Belafein only one pass at Hopsendootle to raze the entire Antyrian brewery.

The mages on duty(MOD's)were helpless against the might of the Burning Bane.

Look's like Avalonia's economy will suffer greatly from this attack.

This is my first try at a microscale build so any criticism will be much appreciated if it's necessary.

C&c welcome :classic: Thank you for viewing!

0drowattack0_copy.jpg

0drowattack1_copy.jpg

0drowattack3.1.jpg

0drowattack2.1.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Haha, Very cool, getting practice for challenge 4?

but really that's a terrible shame, any brewery is a good brewery regardless and this one was most definitely no exception!

Wow that rock is awesome! Well done on the microscale building as well! To bad on the brewery though! :sad:

Haha, Very cool, getting practice for challenge 4?

but really that's a terrible shame, any brewery is a good brewery regardless and this one was most definitely no exception!

Thanks. I don't know about challenge four. I really don't like brick built monsters for the most part.

Wow that rock is awesome! Well done on the microscale building as well! To bad on the brewery though! :sad:

Thanks, de Gothia. I might try it another micro building again, soon.

For a first attempt this is very good! The mountain looks great as do the trees and the sense of an attack. I love the little brewery, great work BB :thumbup:

For a first attempt this is very good! The mountain looks great as do the trees and the sense of an attack. I love the little brewery, great work BB :thumbup:

Thanks. That mountain in Antyria, Avalonia is an untapped moc source. It was fun to use the og dragon in a larger than life way!

The landscaping is very good, and the buildings also work well :thumbup:

Pretty impressive for your first try!

Nice micro-build! Those flames are the perfect size to be roaring out of the brewery windows. That dragon has got to be enormous. And a brewery? I knew the Drow were monsters but this is just obscene!

Belafrein, you jerk!

Nice work. At first my eye was just drown to the trees, but on the second look I saw the brewery. Maybe on a second attempt make the scenery a bit smaller and the buildings a bit bigger? Otherwise, it does convey a cool sense of size that I dig.

The landscaping is very good, and the buildings also work well :thumbup:

Pretty impressive for your first try!

Thank you.

Nice micro-build! Those flames are the perfect size to be roaring out of the brewery windows. That dragon has got to be enormous. And a brewery? I knew the Drow were monsters but this is just obscene!

Thanks. It's almost like that flame piece was made to roar out of micro windows.

The forest looks really good and the last pic looks awesome :thumbup:

Thank you.

Belafrein, you jerk!

Nice work. At first my eye was just drown to the trees, but on the second look I saw the brewery. Maybe on a second attempt make the scenery a bit smaller and the buildings a bit bigger? Otherwise, it does convey a cool sense of size that I dig.

Thanks. I didn't leave myself much room. The brewery was blending a bit with the mountain because my lamp was too close. Next time bigger building for sure. :thumbup:

Nice microbuild. I like much the gate of the building and the tower.

I might just borrow a thing or two from you, if that is ok. :wink:

Looks very cool! I have never touched Microscale, and that is the part of Challenge 4 I am most worried about!

Fun way of using the dragon, also the microscale worked out pretty well! Maybe you can try to capture that dragon and use it against the elemental creatures! :devil:

I was expecting this to be the big project you are working on and was pleasantly surprised to see this microbuild. Great job and nice use of the dragon. Ever since LEGO came out with the fantasy era dragons, my only use for these antique pieces is as statues.default_thumbup.gif

Nice microbuild. I like much the gate of the building and the tower.

I might just borrow a thing or two from you, if that is ok. :wink:

Thanks. Borrow away.

Looks very cool! I have never touched Microscale, and that is the part of Challenge 4 I am most worried about!

Thanks. Don't worry. You got skills, I'm sure you'll come up with something cool.

Fun way of using the dragon, also the microscale worked out pretty well! Maybe you can try to capture that dragon and use it against the elemental creatures! :devil:

Thanks. I would have to make a micro elemental to keep the scale.

I was expecting this to be the big project you are working on and was pleasantly surprised to see this microbuild. Great job and nice use of the dragon. Ever since LEGO came out with the fantasy era dragons, my only use for these antique pieces is as statues.default_thumbup.gif

Thanks. I have another one or two smaller scene's coming before I post my bigger one.

Like everyone has said, you did a great job on the microscale. More impressed by the look of the massive fires among the trees than the brewery itself, though. Like Z said, if it had been a bit more focused on the building, my eye would have been drawn to it first, instead of the surrounding area. Still a great job, though.

The rock work is spot on, as usual. No wonder you see over the only official "mountain range" in Avalonia!

I sure hope this recent attack won't affect the price of Firebrand Whiskey from here on out. Darwynian soldiers need their fix! :tongue: hehehe

Looking forward to your much hinted about massive build coming up!

Really nice job! I like it a lot, and the forest and brewery look great. BTW, some of your pictures look incredibly clear and focused. You must be using a good camera and great lighting. Great job on the photography.

Sorry to hear about the brewery though. I will send a shipload of my winery's Siccus Opus Select 2145 vintage to Avalonia forthwith. Red wine's better for you anyway.

I have played around with micro scale before but never to my liking. I love looking at others works as it gives me ideas.

Like other have said, sorry about the brewery a great loss!

Like everyone has said, you did a great job on the microscale. More impressed by the look of the massive fires among the trees than the brewery itself, though. Like Z said, if it had been a bit more focused on the building, my eye would have been drawn to it first, instead of the surrounding area. Still a great job, though.

The rock work is spot on, as usual. No wonder you see over the only official "mountain range" in Avalonia!

I sure hope this recent attack won't affect the price of Firebrand Whiskey from here on out. Darwynian soldiers need their fix! :tongue: hehehe

Looking forward to your much hinted about massive build coming up!

Thanks. It was cool to get some use out of the flame piece. I think stock an Firebrand whiskey just went up!

Really nice job! I like it a lot, and the forest and brewery look great. BTW, some of your pictures look incredibly clear and focused. You must be using a good camera and great lighting. Great job on the photography.

Sorry to hear about the brewery though. I will send a shipload of my winery's Siccus Opus Select 2145 vintage to Avalonia forthwith. Red wine's better for you anyway.

Thanks. I switched to black paper for my light box setup. It seem's to make night time photography easier. My camera is only 3.2 megapixels. I hope to upgrade to at least 12 megapixel in the next few months. One more thing about the black paper, it makes editing easier and the color's in your moc pop better. I already got wine! Yummy.

I have played around with micro scale before but never to my liking. I love looking at others works as it gives me ideas.

Like other have said, sorry about the brewery a great loss!

I hope you got some ideas. We need to stay #1!

Looks like we're back. :wink:

This is great for a first time micro-scale MOC! :thumbup:

Nice work for a first microbuild, Captn. :classic: Microscale can certainly be tricky to get right! The fire is well depicted and the pose of the dragon on the mountain top really sells the scene. :thumbup: I agree with those that have pointed out that the brewery itself is a little hard to distinguish from the rockwork behind it, perhaps different colours would make the buildings pop out a little more? Also, i kinda feel that something is missing from the scene - a sense of chaos, of wagons fleeing the flames, trying to save the ale etc. But i appreciate that would be pretty hard to render at this scale.

Looking forward to seeing your challange 4 entry now! :classic: