Sign in to follow this  
Jakon

Mitgardian Mountain Outpost

High up in the mountains of Mitgardia, lies an outpost, carved out of the very rock face, it guards a trail over the mountains, and holds a warning bell to alarm the towns the valley below if ever an attack would come. Before the elemental attacks that destroyed my home, I sent artists to send me paintings of this one and see if it was in good condition. These are what he came back with.

7438035286_e48d8fa95e_z.jpg

DSC01133 by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

7438009130_5b0546067e_z.jpg

DSC01131 by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

7438006134_7b1a7afdf0_z.jpg

DSC01132 by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

7438017970_cd34e6b1ec_z.jpg

DSC01134 by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

7438029916_7912091737_z.jpg

DSC01137 by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

7438028612_e9e830fdd8_z.jpg

DSC01138 by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

7438024618_84f92b9889_z.jpg

DSC01139 by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

This was actually supposed to be an entry for one of the previous mini-challenges, but I couldn't find a way to upload the pictures until now.

Great to see another Mitgardian free-build :sweet:

The bell is a cool touch, and different from the normal fire signal :thumbup:

The rockwork looks pretty good too, though the inside of the cave could use a little work in some places.

Good job overall :classic:

unfortunatly, this has been destroyed, for over a month, so i can't improve on it, but I would still like the C&C!. Thank you, the inside was a bit hastily put together, as the floor fell out on my way to my photo set up, and it wasn't quite as perfect when I put it back together.

I really like the way your photo editing makes it look in last shot like there is snow between the studs. May have to copy try my hand at editing. I like your flag, and I also like the bell.

My one critique, I always notice when bricks aren't fully locked, or don't quite line up. If this was intentional to create more of a ruined look, then just ignore me. I noticed this on one of the Kingdoms sets the other day (The King's Carriage I think) and it will bug me every time I look at the box now.

Good job!

Nice build, reminds me that Glevum has no beacons yet! (or Avalonia for that matter)

the editing is cool too :thumbup:

Just ring the bell and Ondylion will answer :wink: Nice idea and great job on the rockwork and the interior and not to forget ofcourse the bell! :thumbup:

Nice job! Especially like the entrance. And the photo of the guy with the black hat reminds me of the photos they took during WWII on the battlefront.default_thumbup.gif

Just ring the bell and Ondylion will answer :wink: Nice idea and great job on the rockwork and the interior and not to forget ofcourse the bell! :thumbup:

Thank you, unfortunatly it is too late, about a week ago an earth elemental went through this pass, destroyed the warning system before they knew what was happening, my town fell soon after, at the moment I am on my way to Valhol as refugees. The mines were caved in, only 6 dwarves survived, as for the humans, the population i had of 65 souls is down to 40.

Cream pie with ale for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! :tongue:

Why do you think I chose Mitgardia? It is more acceptable to drink ale all day long than to drink water!