Pepa Quin

RAM Restaurant and Brewery

indexed.gif B-OV-35D

Those of you who have been to any of the six Brickworld conventions may be familiar with this building:

7440939252_5c4e293a60.jpg

My newest creation is based off of the RAM Restaurant and Brewery in Wheeling, Illinois. This place is right across the street from the Westin Hotel and Convention center, which is where Brickworld has been held from 2007 until now. I've been considering building this for many years, and this year I finally got around to it.

7440939066_1a15f8241a_t.jpg 7440938766_07eaac3cab_t.jpg 7440937086_064a0d43c8_t.jpg 7440938626_4fbe9b3646_t.jpg 7440936024_0bc2bd878c_t.jpg 7440937332_6d0b4af840_t.jpg

The whole creation, including landscaping, measures 40" x 50" and is about 11" tall. It took me roughly five weeks to build, starting in early May (though I'd done some pre-planning and layout sketching ahead of time, of course). This is a minifigure scale creation.

To see the full photo set, including numerous WIP shots, click here.

Thanks for viewing!

-Matt

AWESOME real recreation there 'Pepa Quin' and the lighting up feature sets it really off ! :excited:

Keep them coming and Brick On ! :excited:

I agree with the others Matt, this is beautiful! My favourite part is the curved section of the roof, it's amazing how smooth it is! Wish I could have seen it in person, but it's jus as impressive online. :wub:

Well, I'm not familiar with the building, yet I find it interesting. There are some nice details that give extra quality to the creation (just to mention a few: the sun shades, the green bushes, a combination of studs and tiles on the surface and building with plates that gives a nice brick-built effect). Most of all, the rounded roof is fascinating, also as I can't figure out how it was done.

It's a most excellent building, I especially like the roof!

Any chance of sharing how you made that? :classic:

Most of all, the rounded roof is fascinating, also as I can't figure out how it was done.

You guys do know that you're not limited to viewing only the pics I posted in this post, right? ;)

Go back a bit in my flickr stream and you'll find this:

RAM WIP 33

The design only changed slightly from there - I combined the four pieces into just two, and added more bracing underneath but the overall design stayed the same.

-Matt

A really good looking and nicely built Moc :wub:! I enjoyed seeing it at BW. Great design & technic, and use of a sh-tload of dark red plates instead of bricks :thumbup:! The burger&beer tasted even better over at the real one after watching this Moc :laugh:!

This is absolutely gorgeous! the detail is incredible and I have o say as odd as it sounds one of my favourite parts is the umbrellas. But I also really like the roof.

I looked through your flicker photo stream and all of your builds are remarkable and I love :wub: your lego room I long for a room like that! lol

Nice work

Charlie

Words can't describe what I think of this MOC...It is absolutely amazing! The details, the colors, the roof, the shape of the house...everything looks excellent! I don't think it gets much better than this, keep up the good work! :wink:

Fantastic model - I followed this one on Flickr with great delight!

One question though - surely using 1X2 bricks for the roof instead of 1X4 would have been more stable and easier to bend? Or does it become too weak?

Anyway keep up the great work

This is just gorgeous. That roof is amazing. I am another that followed this on flickr and the end result is brilliantly detailed and gorgeous to look at.

I recall taking a detour there with QuarryMan and CopMike, then getting horrible service when we went for dinner. Regardless, your LEGO version is spot on. I love the color, very true to the real thing.

It looks great!

Just spent the better part of an hour looking at the WIP and finished photos. Truly amazing build! some great techniques I hope to incorporate in some of my builds in the future!

I've been watching progress on Flickr and must say... this is amazing! I really like the attention to detail... looks very nice as well. As always the night lights are welcomed as those give the city life. I wished I would be at Brickworld, but maybe next year.

The roof is, as others have said, amazing. Well done on that! And are my eyes deceiving me, or are those walls all built with plates? Must be an insane amount of parts, then?