Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur: Day One

We need ta talk ta find tha Scum. We talk, the Scum say things (or else look suspicious for lurkin' about and nae sayin' anythin'. Sooner or later, tha Scum come ta regret sayin' those things because they can't keep up tha charade. If it takes baseless accusations ta create conversation, fine, let's go with it. Should we stay mature? O' course. Should we stay silent? Heck no! We hafta speak up, or else tha Scum can hide right within our midst like they did in my holodeck program. :sceptic:

Yer attempt ta derail tha investigative process is duly noted, though. :wink:

Don't misunderstand me, I never said we should be silent, or that we shouldn't accuse. I just said we shouldn't accuse baselessly. Because baseless accusations will get people to talk, but it won't yield anything.

For example: I see you're wearing a beret, that seems awefully scummy to me. Defend yourself!

Whatever you reply to that, we won't get any further. We will talk, but about nonsense, which will distract us, and nobody will slip up under such an accusation.

Don't misunderstand me, I never said we should be silent, or that we shouldn't accuse. I just said we shouldn't accuse baselessly. Because baseless accusations will get people to talk, but it won't yield anything.

For example: I see you're wearing a beret, that seems awefully scummy to me. Defend yourself!

Whatever you reply to that, we won't get any further. We will talk, but about nonsense, which will distract us, and nobody will slip up under such an accusation.

Fair enough. Though if tha day continues at its recent pace, I'd settle for any sort of talking, even if it is rediculous. An' for tha record, Ensign Holloway gave it ta me when we were binge-drinking transmission fluid from antique 2010s-era cars in Paris--that was back when we used lubricant fer a different purpose. :wink:

:wacko: I don't know what you mean by pushing it, or what I'm taking back. Wheeler asked me to elaborate, and I was careful to point out to Walters that he shouldn't be so sure there was another scum team. I'm not going to try my darnest to purge any doubt in your mind that I'm townie (that's pretty much pointless), but I'm going to respond to your accusations. If that's what you mean by pushing it so hard. :shrug_confused:

I meant in tha posts themselves, ye seemed ta push it a little hard. If I'd have thought ta mention that possibility, I would've said somethin' like, "keep in mind tha possibility of a second Scum team ta hunt down--it seems ta be hinted at in tha Admiral's firs' rule." I wouldnae have emphasized it as much as ye did. But then again, ye're nae me, so ye say things a little differently--as I recall, that's why things dinnae work out, actually. :blush:

An' like I said, ya just feel Scummy ta me fer some reason--I cannae quite put my finger on it, but I'm tryin'.

So... So far, we've established that there's a second faction, but weteher they are a threat is still unkown. Has everyone made at least one post? At this point, those who haven't made one yet are probably not doing it for scummy reasons, but due to laziness or lack of checking for the topic. I'll go and check now.

I meant in tha posts themselves, ye seemed ta push it a little hard. If I'd have thought ta mention that possibility, I would've said somethin' like, "keep in mind tha possibility of a second Scum team ta hunt down--it seems ta be hinted at in tha Admiral's firs' rule." I wouldnae have emphasized it as much as ye did. But then again, ye're nae me, so ye say things a little differently--as I recall, that's why things dinnae work out, actually. :blush:

An' like I said, ya just feel Scummy ta me fer some reason--I cannae quite put my finger on it, but I'm tryin'.

Still don't quite see where I emphasized, but I guess it's fair enough. Usually in day one discussions there's nothing to talk about until someone slips up.

I can put my finger on it, by the way. It's called a gut feeling. :laugh:

Fair enough. Though if tha day continues at its recent pace, I'd settle for any sort of talking, even if it is rediculous. An' for tha record, Ensign Holloway gave it ta me when we were binge-drinking transmission fluid from antique 2010s-era cars in Paris--that was back when we used lubricant fer a different purpose. :wink:

Precisely what I'm saying. It's something to discuss. Even if it turns out to be false. And that's why I'll never drink foreign oil fluid again. I can't imagine being drunk enough to buy you such a stupid hat. :sceptic:

As of right now, Fugazi, Dragonator, Swils, Kadabra, Shadows, Flare, and Inconspicuous have not shown up. Awesomestar has made the fewest number of posts for all who have posted, at one. Although I may be in the same boat as him, I still feel that is scummy. :wacko:

Also, this was his post:

Let me through, let me through!

Oh, dear God... The bed sheets! They were just clean on - now I must change them again!

Nothing of real assitance, and he didn't add anything to it later.

So... So far, we've established that there's a second faction, but weteher they are a threat is still unkown.

No, we haven't. We've established that Admiral Bob told us to watch out for one. That doesn't confirm its existence.

As of right now, Fugazi, Dragonator, Swils, Kadabra, Shadows, Flare, and Inconspicuous have not shown up. Awesomestar has made the fewest number of posts for all who have posted, at one. Although I may be in the same boat as him, I still feel that is scummy. :wacko:

Also, this was his post:

It's too early in the Day to judge anyone's activity.

No, we haven't. We've established that Admiral Bob told us to watch out for one. That doesn't confirm its existence.

Ok. So we simply know that there MAY be one.

It's too early in the Day to judge anyone's activity.

Alright. Just trying to find something to go off of. First day and all. Time to start tinkering again! :tongue:

...and as has been said, that knowledge is useless to us right now, and our best indication of the existence of another faction will come from night actions. (unless we lynch one of them, of course)

Also, this was his post:

As of right now, Dakar A Ensign Mandel has only shown up a few times. Although I may be in an even worse space raft than him, I still feel as though he has been just as unhelpful as I have been :wacko:

He's already "confirmed" both the existence of a loyalist kill role and additional factions. Despite his "confirmations" seeming to be based entirely off of others' thoughts, I appreciate the helpful recaps of "facts" :hmpf:. He moves from one 'helpful' idea to the next as each is suggested to not necessarily be true. His latest idea was to look at those of us who hadn't made it to the bridge yet, though he didn't really commit to that suggestion, either, suggesting that we're just lazy, not necessarily scummy. And to continue with the unhelpful ideas,

Just like we simply know that there MAY be a blasterproof, double-voting, one-eyed purple people-eater on the ship, just waiting for one of us to meander down a dark corridor.

Alright. Just trying to find something to go off of. First day and all. Time to start tinkering again! :tongue:

I may have to take back my previous statement--the Ensign may have proven to be more helpful than I'd originally thought. The way I see it, he's making a bunch of unhelpful 'helpful' suggestions. But maybe I'm just reading into it too much (I did just get off the graveyard shift, after all. Someone's got to keep an eye on the security cams! ...Wait, there's a dead body? And it happened overnight? Uhh, musta happened while I was on break!)

You people talk too much without actually saying anything. I am certain that if we approach this matter scientifically, we can deal with these scummy traitors and resume our important work without much delay.

Carry on with your blathering. :hmpf:

I could try again, perhaps with a bit less blathering..

Ensign Mandel is making unhelpful suggestions to try and appear helpful. He keeps doing it. I find it suspicious.

Better?

I could try again, perhaps with a bit less blathering..

Ensign Mandel is making unhelpful suggestions to try and appear helpful. He keeps doing it. I find it suspicious.

Better?

At least it's clearer. I'm not sure what kind of helpful suggestions we can really hope for today, but it's still important to watch how people behave, so there's that.

You people talk too much without actually saying anything.

Carry on with your blathering. :hmpf:

At least we've tried to say something useful, instead of telling each other that we talk too much and then not saying anything to remedy the situation.

I am certain that if we approach this matter scientifically, we can deal with these scummy traitors and resume our important work without much delay.

No kidding.

Well this is just great, not much I can do to save a dead body. It was good knowing you Captain... looks like we're in a bit of a situation now, but nothing we haven't had to face in the lonely reaches of space before.

You people talk too much without actually saying anything. I am certain that if we approach this matter scientifically, we can deal with these scummy traitors and resume our important work without much delay.

Agreed Lieutenant, a lack of decorum aboard this ship will get us nowhere. Let's try not to be too rash in dealing with this situation and approach it with cool heads please. I have ice-packs if needed.

At least it's clearer. I'm not sure what kind of helpful suggestions we can really hope for today, but it's still important to watch how people behave, so there's that.

Well, I was attempting to mimic the structure of the quote for emphasis at first.. I deviated a -wee- bit. As for helpful suggestions, well, I'm not really aware of any, but that doesn't justify making a bunch of unhelpful suggestions, either.

Well, I was attempting to mimic the structure of the quote for emphasis at first.. I deviated a -wee- bit. As for helpful suggestions, well, I'm not really aware of any, but that doesn't justify making a bunch of unhelpful suggestions, either.

Sorry if my suggestions seemed "unhelpful", but, seeing as we have nothing to go on aside of the basic facts (rules, who's posted/who hasn't, and prior remarks) I was just trying to see if adding something to the discussion would help any. As has been said before, it's better to try to be helpful than not saying anything at all. :sceptic:

Well this is just great, not much I can do to save a dead body. It was good knowing you Captain... looks like we're in a bit of a situation now, but nothing we haven't had to face in the lonely reaches of space before.

Sir, why do I get tha feeling tha' ye should be telling someone named "Jim" that he's dead? :wacko:

As of right now, Dakar A Ensign Mandel has only shown up a few times. Although I may be in an even worse space raft than him, I still feel as though he has been just as unhelpful as I have been :wacko:

He's already "confirmed" both the existence of a loyalist kill role and additional factions. Despite his "confirmations" seeming to be based entirely off of others' thoughts, I appreciate the helpful recaps of "facts" :hmpf:. He moves from one 'helpful' idea to the next as each is suggested to not necessarily be true. His latest idea was to look at those of us who hadn't made it to the bridge yet, though he didn't really commit to that suggestion, either, suggesting that we're just lazy, not necessarily scummy. And to continue with the unhelpful ideas,

Just like we simply know that there MAY be a blasterproof, double-voting, one-eyed purple people-eater on the ship, just waiting for one of us to meander down a dark corridor.

I may have to take back my previous statement--the Ensign may have proven to be more helpful than I'd originally thought. The way I see it, he's making a bunch of unhelpful 'helpful' suggestions. But maybe I'm just reading into it too much (I did just get off the graveyard shift, after all. Someone's got to keep an eye on the security cams! ...Wait, there's a dead body? And it happened overnight? Uhh, musta happened while I was on break!)

Suspicious? Perhaps, though I was once told a bedtime story in which an arrogant princess did the same thing, despite being the Town Doctor. A character not unlike Ensign Mandel worked closely with said princess, and perhaps decided to imitate her.

That said, it IS rather suspicious behavior, and feels more than a little forced. Good work, Lieutenant.

I can put my finger on it, by the way. It's called a gut feeling. :laugh:

It is? *checks Scumcorder* ...blast! It is! :blush: In that case, you must be guaranteed Town. :head_back:

Suspicious? Perhaps, though I was once told a bedtime story in which an arrogant princess did the same thing, despite being the Town Doctor. A character not unlike Ensign Mandel worked closely with said princess, and perhaps decided to imitate her.

That said, it IS rather suspicious behavior, and feels more than a little forced. Good work, Lieutenant.

Ah, I remeber that story quite fondly, my mother used to tell it to my brother and I at bedtime. And though I respected that princess, I wasn't attempting to mimic her actions. It was truly forced because I wasn't a part of the earlier discussion, and seeing as it had been summed up, there was nothing else to go off of (That I noticed). I'd love to help out in any way I can, though it seems that my prior advice wasn't taken as I expected. Sorry! :sceptic:

My goodness! You can't even take a nap around here with missing a good chunk of discussion. Y'all sure talk a lot, but I don't believe that it's all idle chit-chat; sometimes the most pointless conversations transform into the most meaningful ones. Even if they yield little, it's still worth having a long conversation if it gets us even a little farther.

But hey, you've gotta analyze everything to get anywhere today.

I couldn't agree more! Day 1 of these games... of life always are a challenge if you don't keep your eyes and ears open.

And accusations per se are good, but baseless accusations (like accusations based on people's hairstyles :tongue:) won't get us anywhere at all, but rather distract us.

Even if baseless accusations will earn us little gain (according to you), the fact of the matter is that little gain is still more gain than the no gain earned through pointless roleplay.

The problem is: today what can we actually base accusations on other than someone's reaction to being accused? If you have an idea on how to find out some actual facts today, I'm all eyes.

Ah, but people's reactions are actual facts! They're often the only facts we'll ever get! If we wait around for an investigator to announce the entire scum team, we'll be fried more than that mac n' cheese I burnt yesterday. :blush:

If you were actually scientific about it, you might realize that what may appear as saying nothing can hold a tiny scrap of evidence necessary for a vote; just take a look of the story of a Werewolf named Zed who was lynched on Day 1 after a tiny slip! It's improbable but entirely possible.

Also, this was his post...

I will note that this is only my second post and I believe Lieutenant Hornby also occupies the position of having only chimed in once with his comment only stating the obvious, that of course we should be trying to find and lynch the Purists. Is there any reason in particular you decided to pick out Lieutenant Wright?

Aye, I have ta agree. If not another Scum faction, then some other faction with a bizzare win condition (i.e. plant "seeds" on us and try ta have the majority of surviving crewmwmbers 'seeded' when the situation ends--yes I've been reading old Batman comics, why do ya ask? :tongue: ). I personally am hopin' fer tha latter, as there's a chance that they can win with us Loyalists...

I'm remembering a bit of my sophmore security class here, where they talked about how a bad guy is always having to refer to himself as on the good guy's team. If you're a Loyalist, there's no reason for you to refer to yourself as one, outside of being asked the direct question as to where your allegiance lays. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a Purist has to watch their words very carefully to make sure they sound like a Loyalist, a true Loyalist has no need to censor their speech they automatically associate themselves with the Loyalists group and can therefor use words like us, we, etc. because they have no reason to assume that someone would believe they are referring to the Purists. A Purist on the otherhand, unless they are very keen on this sociological inateness of how we refer to ourselves, is more than likely to clarify which group they belong to in a social setting where most of us already assume that when you say words such as, us, we, etc. you are refering to the Loyalist group. Basically, a townie doesn't need to refer to themselves as a townie. It's a symantics issue, but I guess to get to the point, I'm calling out my dear junior engineer on his wording.

Wow, allot has transpired since I checked in this morning! Jeez you people can talk! *huh*

I find it somewhat odd and ironic that your first post referred to this group of purists as some long gone faction devoted to a dead religion, unless you are aware of something the rest of us don't know. :look:

I only know something that the rest of us don't if the rest of us didn't read the the opening. :laugh:

"I'm ordering you to vote off whoever you think is a member of this cult." said Bob.

Based off of this, it looks like we've got a town night kill role, or something of the like. Awesome, that will really help with mafia riddance, as long as they aren't singled out and killed.

After having reviewed what's been said, I gotta say, this post looks really suspicious. You seem to jump to a pretty strange conclusion from talk of there being more than one enemy faction. :sceptic: The opening rules state: "keep on the look out for other factions." I don't know about you, but "keep on the look out" sounds a bit ominous, and not at all like they're referring to a faction that wants to help us, let alone a town night kill. Furthermore, your talk of singling out and killing the vig seems strange and unnecessary. :look:

I think there's no point in speculating about other scum factions, as there is no way we could verify them right now. And even if there are other scum groups, I don't see how that would influence our course of action at that point.

And accusations per se are good, but baseless accusations (like accusations based on people's hairstyles :tongue:) won't get us anywhere at all, but rather distract us.

You're right about baseless accusations, but I for one don't think talk about the potential for another scum faction is pointless. Actually, it's pretty useful, I think. A. It's a good discussion starter, and B. There's much to pick up from what people say about these factions (and who denies them, and who doesn't say anything about them.) Tomorrow we'll start with a lead if we discover the presence of another faction during the night, and we've already discussed that possibility. I see absolutely no harm, and allot to gain from talking about the potential for there being more than one scum team

I agree, although I don't know what you meant by any of that last stuff (snipped). It looks, to me at least, like Mandel's really forcing his 'helpfullness.' You said it pretty well yourself. His behavior is certainly raising my suspicions.

Wow, allot has transpired since I checked in this morning! Jeez you people can talk! *huh*

I only know something that the rest of us don't if the rest of us didn't read the the opening. :laugh:

"I'm ordering you to vote off whoever you think is a member of this cult." said Bob.

After having reviewed what's been said, I gotta say, this post looks really suspicious. You seem to jump to a pretty strange conclusion from talk of there being more than one enemy faction. :sceptic: The opening rules state: "keep on the look out for other factions." I don't know about you, but "keep on the look out" sounds a bit ominous, and not at all like they're referring to a faction that wants to help us, let alone a town night kill. Furthermore, your talk of singling out and killing the vig seems strange and unnecessary. :look:

You're right about baseless accusations, but I for one don't think talk about the potential for another scum faction is pointless. Actually, it's pretty useful, I think. A. It's a good discussion starter, and B. There's much to pick up from what people say about these factions (and who denies them, and who doesn't say anything about them.) Tomorrow we'll start with a lead if we discover the presence of another faction during the night, and we've already discussed that possibility. I see absolutely no harm, and allot to gain from talking about the potential for there being more than one scum team

I agree, although I don't know what you meant by any of that last stuff (snipped). It looks, to me at least, like Mandel's really forcing his 'helpfullness.' You said it pretty well yourself. His behavior is certainly raising my suspicions.

Agreed, Mandel seems to know so much within a short timeframe. Care to elaborate mate?

I agree with the others. Mandel is starting to scare me, and not much scares me... well, except for that alien I found when I was scrubbing the toilets. What was that thing? *huh*

This comment really does not sit right to me, he is overly defensive, and has thought about "accusing because of accusing", this seems kinda pointless. Add to that his 'plan' to wait with accusing? What good would that do??

Mhm. Exactly. Ensign Robbins, if you're town, you should really cut the scummy behavior. :wink:

It does make sense. One scum devoted to killing us all and stopping the voyage to meet aliens (well, that's what I'm getting out of 'Purists'), the other a scum of aliens trying to do the exact same to keep us from interfering with them. I still think being confident about another scum team is jumping to conclusions, though. There's only 23 of us, they'd have to be awful small teams for there to be two of them. We're in no position to confirm it, but even less so can we rule it out as a possibility. Guess we gotta keep our eyes and our minds open even more than what's usual in mysterious sudden murders and the massacre following the days afterward like these.

You know, quite frankly, whether or not there are several scum teams doesn't really mean anything yet. All it means right now is that the scum are divided, and will be conquered more easily. Right now we should just focus on slaughtering anybody who isn't town.

I would not worry too much about it, to be perfectly honest. Two scum teams means that there is the possibility of them taking each other out, which would be great.

This too.

See, two small scum teams is actually optimal, people. I'm sure with a little bit of hard work, we'll have this one in the bag. :sweet:

Ok, I realize the flaws in my idea. I was wanting to give everyone a fair shot, but I see that in this situation of life or death, we really can't wait around. And yeah, if there are more than one group, we'll nail 'em all. That Power-Ray Washer 6000.1 I have will help. :classic:

I don't like how you're immediately conceding ground. :sceptic: That's a huge scumtell. And frankly, your defense looks like the kind of thing scum hastily write up on their Writeboard so they can ask their team if it's okay to post.

Scummy? I don't think I'm acting scummy. I'm probably just over reacting too much to the Purist threat. And if I immediately concede to others' ideas, it does not mean I'm scum. I just see the better ideas of my peers, and I'm willing to go with that course of action.