Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur: Day One

banner.png

img_3587.jpg

Captain Ross McTague lay bruised and bloodied and quite dead on the table in the main rec room.

img_3589.jpg

Fleet Admiral Bob stepped through the crowd.

img_3590.jpg

"Alright you scummy scummers straight from scummy town. We received a message from this ship from the killers. They're members of these League Of Purists, and they say more will die unless we cancel the mission."

He paused

I, however, am not one for quitting. Since I can't trust any of you, I've brought my own team in to fly the ship. The bridge is off-limits to all of you without one of my staff there.

He paused again.

Each day I'm ordering you to vote off whoever you think is a member of this cult. I've given a few of you special abilities to help you out."

img_3591.jpg

"We depart from Earth in few moments, are there any questions?"

img_3592.jpg

"Why do you wear green?"

"Shush."

Non Playable Characters:

admiral.jpg_thumb.jpg

Admiral Bob --- Played By Bob

Players: (23)

Command Officers:

1.jpg

First Officer Commander Cameron Walters --- Played By Tamamono

2.jpg

Second Officer Lieutenant Commander Andrew Gordon --- Played by Fugazi

3.jpg

Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Matthew Wilder --- Played by Peanuts

4.jpg

Chief Medical Officer Lieutenant Commander Julius Burbank, M.D. --- Played by Dragonator

5.jpg

Chief Security Officer Lieutenant George Harper --- Played by swils

6.jpg

Science Officer Lieutenant Michael McAndrews --- Played by Brickdoctor

Officers:

7.jpg

Lieutenant Donna Willis, chief research officer --- Played by Kadabra

8.jpg

Lieutenant Arnold Daly, chief astrophysicist --- Played by darkdragon

9.jpg

Lieutenant Richard Francis, chief astrobiology officer --- Played by Shadows

10.jpg

Lieutenant Thomas Hornby,chief cartography officer --- Played by VolcanicPanik

11.jpg

Lieutenant Michelle Wheeler, chemist --- Played by Scubacarrot

12.jpg

Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt, med-bay nurse --- Played by Flare

13.jpg

Lieutenant Joshua Wright, med-bay nurse --- Played by AwesomeStar

23.jpg

Lieutenant Zachary Jones, junior engineer --- Played by Flipz

Enlisted:

14.jpg

Ensign Jason Falcon, helmsman --- Played by Scouty

15.jpg

Ensign Samantha York, navigator --- Played by Inconspicuous

16.jpg

Ensign Toby Rockford, security --- Played by Palathadric

17.jpg

Ensign Brian Pewter, security --- Played by Dannylonglegs

18.jpg

Ensign Jack Campbell, security --- Played by Waterbrick Down

19.jpg

Ensign Peter Robbins, janitorial staff --- Played by KingoftheZempk

20.jpg

Ensign Timothy Mandel, engineer --- Played by Dakar A

21.jpg

Ensign Allison Williams, engineer --- Played by Masked Builder

22.jpg

Ensign Robert Holloway, engineer --- Played by CallMePie

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyalists or the League of Purists. To win the game, the Loyalists must vote or kill off all the League of Purists, while the League of Purists need to outnumber the Loyalists. Additionally, keep on the look out for other factions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. Don't edit your posts, or I will cry.

9. Post in all of the day threads, or I will cry.

10. Please don't metagame to much, or I will cry.

11. I hate taking avatar photos, so don't make fun of me or I'll cry.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

What?!? You're already leaving? Does that mean we are not actually going to space? :cry_sad:

Or is it just a team of pilots you brought in?

"Ach! Good heavens, what a bloody mess! Well, at least the blood matches his epaulettes... :look: And look, the killers were nice enough to leave flowers! :laugh: "

"So, who shall we point fingers at first? Lieutenant Daly, I see you're paying attention as much as I am, have you any suspicions? Any 'gut feelings' to start with?"

It will be nice to be out amongst the stars again though I'm not looking forward to being trapped on the ship with these so called Purists. If only we knew how many, that could at least be a little helpful for us.

What?!? You're already leaving? Does that mean we are not actually going to space? :cry_sad:

Or is it just a team of pilots you brought in?

Of course we're going into space! No cultists can stop the will of man to boldly go were none have gone before! We need to concentrate on finding out who among us belongs to this treacherous group, and any other groups that are trying to hold us back from achieving our manifest destiny!

For some reason I was under the impression that he had gotten an entire new team to man the space craft. :blush: I am so relieved. :classic:

So, I'm not allowed to do the engineering? :cry_sad:

These Purists are going to pay for that, so we can all return to our work.

Well, I myself don't have any clues so far, but I'm sure, as the day progresses, I'll get a reading on some of you.

We're on lockdown? But I think I left the hyperdrive running! :look:

Poor captain. He was such a good man. Look, he had roses growing out of his shoulder. Bless him. :cry_sad:

So, let's get the finger-jabbing started. Anyone got any suspicions?

Hey, I think I found a clue! Maybe!

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyalists or the League of Purists. To win the game, the Loyalists must vote or kill off all the League of Purists, while the League of Purists need to outnumber the Loyalists. Additionally, keep on the look out for other factions.

Either our fleet admiral is using factions interchangeably with allegiance, or something else...:oh: Seems a bit of an odd synonym to me. :sceptic: Doesn't help much right now, but nevertheless ignorance is most certainly not bliss given our current situation.

Not really. You seem like a pleasant chap yourself.

I have been a bit suspicious of Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Matthew Wilder's scummy hairstyle though. It makes me afraid. But shhh, don't tell him I said that. I am afraid he may try to fire me.

Alright, I'll get to the cleaning. Such a tragedy. So our admiral wants us to vote off our own crewmembers? Wow, what has this galaxy come to. See, if I didn't fail my Space Marine exam ( :sad: ), this wouldn't have happened. I could've kept alert. :cry_sad: It's my fault. Hmm, well, we have to obey the Admiral, right? Well, let me clean the area first. Who knows what kind of things could happen to the ship if this isn't cleaned up.

Not really. You seem like a pleasant chap yourself.

I have been a bit suspicious of Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Matthew Wilder's scummy hairstyle though. It makes me afraid. But shhh, don't tell him I said that. I am afraid he may try to fire me.

How could I fire you? You're not even an engineer. And the way I see it, ranks mean pretty much nothing at this point...and that hairstyle's not that scummy. And you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, blondie. :wink:

No, no, don't be so hasty in cleaning up the body, we might be able to find some scientific evidence!

Ensign Holloway, would you be so kind to elaborate, I must say I don't quite see what you are getting at?

Wow! Is it possible that our Janitor, Ensign Robbins, could, in fact, be the scum janitor too? Don't mean to push you pal.

I'd like to apologize for the poor security last night. I really can't be blamed. I was guarding my post like I was supposed to, but that assassin must have crept in from a different way. I'll do my best to make sure no such thing happens in the future.

I'd be lying if I said I was as distraught as the rest of you. This type of thing always seems to happen in these situations. Books about similar situations always start the same way. :tongue:

But, staying in-character (as if this was some sort of game :wacko: ), "Oh, no! The horror! There's blood everywhere and I have to pick someone to lynch and people are trying to kill me!" :sing:

"So, who shall we point fingers at first? Lieutenant Daly, I see you're paying attention as much as I am, have you any suspicions? Any 'gut feelings' to start with?"

Which is another way of saying, "Anyone got any leads?". Not that there's much else to say at this point.

And 'gut feelings' are Commander Walters' area of expertise.

Ensign Holloway, would you be so kind to elaborate, I must say I don't quite see what you are getting at?

Well, third party isn't quite a faction in my eyes. One of the most common is even even referred to as independent. It's a possible case of poor wording, or a clue. But hey, you've gotta analyze everything to get anywhere today.

Well, third party isn't quite a faction in my eyes. One of the most common is even even referred to as independent. It's a possible case of poor wording, or a clue. But hey, you've gotta analyze everything to get anywhere today.

Ah, now I see, good catch. I must say it probably won't help us, really, but it's a possibility to keep in mind.

How could I fire you? You're not even an engineer. And the way I see it, ranks mean pretty much nothing at this point...and that hairstyle's not that scummy. And you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, blondie. :wink:

I knew I should have dyed my hair brown. :sad:

I can judge most books by their covers.

I knew I should have dyed my hair brown. :sad:

I can judge most books by their covers.

Poorly, I imagine. Just a moment ago, you postulated that the janitor was actually the Scum Janitor? Really? There's a one in a million chance that there's even a janitor in the game (especially after how well that went over last game, and the host's suggestion that there may be multiple factions), let alone that the janitor is actually a janitor. :wacko: (wow, that's confusing). If you didn't make it a habit of joking around, I'd suspect you of being scummy for pointing your finger at everybody for totally irrelevant character details. If you want to catch the scum, focus on how people are acting, and what they're saying. Look for those of us who don't seem to be trying to help us find the scum.

Let me through, let me through!

Oh, dear God... The bed sheets! They were just clean on - now I must change them again!

Ok, I'll leave the body for now. And being suspected as a Scum Janitor? That's worse than a stuttering cop! I take offense to that :hmpf_bad: Well, I think it's too early to start casting convictions. By the end of the day we should, but has everyone made a statement? Until everyone does, I think it's bad to start pointing fingers.

Now, I could be rude and accuse people who have accused me, but I'll stick my plan of waiting for everyone.

Well, it was as good a start as any. The accusations have to start somewhere, even if it's in the most ridiculous of places, or so I'm told.

Captain McTague! :cry_sad:Nooooooo!!!

Captain McTague was like a father to me - he taught me everything I know about whatever it is we do up here. :cry_sad: I will not let his death go unavenged!

Of course we're going into space! No cultists can stop the will of man to boldly go were none have gone before! We need to concentrate on finding out who among us belongs to this treacherous group, and any other groups that are trying to hold us back from achieving our manifest destiny!

Mhm. Ensign Pewter has the right idea. Just because some freaks calling themselves "pure" are trying to threaten us into not going into space doesn't mean that we should just give up. Like I always say, the only way forward is to take a leap of faith! (and this goes for not lynching, too, just in case somebody brings it up :hmpf_bad:)

Either our fleet admiral is using factions interchangeably with allegiance, or something else...:oh: Seems a bit of an odd synonym to me. :sceptic: Doesn't help much right now, but nevertheless ignorance is most certainly not bliss given our current situation.

No, "keep on the lookout for other factions" definitely sounds like there's another scum team hanging around here someplace. I wonder if it's aliens... :look:

Alright, I'll get to the cleaning. Such a tragedy. So our admiral wants us to vote off our own crewmembers? Wow, what has this galaxy come to. See, if I didn't fail my Space Marine exam ( :sad: ), this wouldn't have happened. I could've kept alert. :cry_sad: It's my fault. Hmm, well, we have to obey the Admiral, right? Well, let me clean the area first. Who knows what kind of things could happen to the ship if this isn't cleaned up.

You know, I'm not trying to sound overly accusative or anything, but something about this comment doesn't sit right with me. :sceptic: I know it's early and all, but this statement looks incredibly forced and rushed. I've got my eye on you...

And 'gut feelings' are Commander Walters' area of expertise.

Yup! That's true! :sweet: Nobody's got guts like Commander Cammy. :grin:

No, no, there's no point in warning us about something that is pretty much inevitable in these situations anyway. I'm quite confident due to the wording that there is another scum faction.

Poorly, I imagine. Just a moment ago, you postulated that the janitor was actually the Scum Janitor? Really? There's a one in a million chance that there's even a janitor in the game (especially after how well that went over last game, and the host's suggestion that there may be multiple factions), let alone that the janitor is actually a janitor. :wacko: (wow, that's confusing). If you didn't make it a habit of joking around, I'd suspect you of being scummy for pointing your finger at everybody for totally irrelevant character details. If you want to catch the scum, focus on how people are acting, and what they're saying. Look for those of us who don't seem to be trying to help us find the scum.

I, for one, actually find Ensign Rockford's joking to be a bit of a towntell. When I first learned of Ensign Robbins' job, the first thing that popped into my mind, too, was that it'd be ironic if he was the Scum Janitor. I even got a bit of a chuckle out of it. However, I've been around a long time, and I know that roles and jobs are always unrelated (or at least should be :hmpf_bad:), so I didn't bring it up. Ensign Rockford is still a bit green, so it'd make sense for him to bring something like that up as town, but not as scum. As scum, he would want to avoid attention as much as possible, and bringing something like that up would only draw attention to him.

Why would you not start pointing fingers? It gives us reactions, which can be the source of all kinds of juicy scum tells.

Ok, I'll leave the body for now. And being suspected as a Scum Janitor? That's worse than a stuttering cop! I take offense to that :hmpf_bad: Well, I think it's too early to start casting convictions. By the end of the day we should, but has everyone made a statement? Until everyone does, I think it's bad to start pointing fingers.

Now, I could be rude and accuse people who have accused me, but I'll stick my plan of waiting for everyone.

This comment really does not sit right to me, he is overly defensive, and has thought about "accusing because of accusing", this seems kinda pointless. Add to that his 'plan' to wait with accusing? What good would that do??

It does make sense. One scum devoted to killing us all and stopping the voyage to meet aliens (well, that's what I'm getting out of 'Purists'), the other a scum of aliens trying to do the exact same to keep us from interfering with them. I still think being confident about another scum team is jumping to conclusions, though. There's only 23 of us, they'd have to be awful small teams for there to be two of them. We're in no position to confirm it, but even less so can we rule it out as a possibility. Guess we gotta keep our eyes and our minds open even more than what's usual in mysterious sudden murders and the massacre following the days afterward like these.