Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catanas

Speedcat

10 posts in this topic

7426450662_fa94c882f5_b.jpg

7426455880_5d257cdf05_b.jpg

7426454792_a8ce006185_b.jpg

Speedcat zooms into The Gotham Museum just in time to disarm one of the Jokers Laughter bombs.

ADDITIONAL IMAGES: -

Larger image of Vignette

Some of the design work.

The decals themselves

Project Inspiration.

As soon as I saw this contest, I knew I was going to enter the hero category as my first real attempt at minifigure customization. I love fun and quirky heroes, especially the Flash. I was a bit unsure at first about doing a speedster but then I decided what the heck, why can't Gotham have a speedster? So off to work I went. Her looks came partly from a character I'd posted before in my reviews here, and partly from my DC Universe character, but with a totally revamped costume (Pinktastic!). Her backstory was another thing entirely. I wanted to try and have a way for a young British (Aye, British because well, there aren't enough Brits in Gotham!) speedster to get into Gotham and one of the comics I'd fallen in love with recently gave me a way in! Knight and Squire are kind of like a British version of Batman and Robin, and get involved in Batmans affairs from time to time. As with most comic book British heroes, magic takes a big role and there was my way in! After that I just had to figure out a way to move her to Gotham. Waynetech seemed like a great answer, and it allowed Batman to keep an eye on her...which he does!

As this was my first proper attempt at customizing, I ended up going through a few torsos and legs experimenting with decals, but settled on Vinyl stickers in the end as I couldn't quite seem to get the gloss coat right. It doesn't look too bad however! :)

Cost: -

Mia Hair - £1.00

4x Black Torso - 4x 0.30 = £1.20

4x Black Legs - 4x 0.20 = 0.80

Surfer Girl Legs - 0.10

2x Dark Pink arm sets - 2x 0.60 = £1.20

Transfer Paper - £2.20

Vinyl Sticker Paper - £1.30

Final cost = £7.80 + the odd bit of decal fix and gloss coat.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cat

(PS: My photography still isn't the best! :tongue: )

Edited by Catanas

*oh2*

enough said. I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it :sweet:

Now that is pure awesomenees! :thumbup:

Even though I don't like decals very much, you did a terrific jod.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

*oh2*

enough said. I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it :sweet:

Thanks very much. :sweet: And I'll take any you have spare. Loved Nighthawk by the way!

Terrific effort, very well done!

Thanks very much!

Now that is pure awesomenees! :thumbup:

Even though I don't like decals very much, you did a terrific jod.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Aww, thankee Cobblepot! And Pshhh to you! Pink decals are fun :tongue: Now fix Star Sapphire!

Thanks again for this awesome competition, really enjoyed it.

It's a great entry and everything, but what makes it really stand out IMO is the mock-up comic book cover! Fantastic job! Best of luck in the contest.

Living up to your 'Cat persona' eh? :tongue: Very impressive entry - excellent custom decals, effective pink-black color combo, and great comic image - really well done! :thumbup: And it's always great to see chicks kitteh cats join the hero forces. :grin: Great job and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

I've just added a link to the decals themselves, just to make up a bit for the photos. If thats not cool, please free to remove the link or tell me off! Theres nothing new on there.

Living up to your 'Cat persona' eh? :tongue: Very impressive entry - excellent custom decals, effective pink-black color combo, and great comic image - really well done! :thumbup: And it's always great to see chicks kitteh cats join the hero forces. :grin: Great job and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Thanks very mucho! The world needs more cats of course :tongue:

And thanks Cero, best of luck to you too!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0