lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

Thanks 'The Blue Brick' and 'Artifex' for your kind words.....and 'Artifex' didn't you see what 'TBB' did....the interior of a bank I posted yesterday. :wink:

I'm tossing up starting the Ford Dealership redo or the more simple police station redo.....though I will need to build a police vehicle for it (but what to build ?).

Suggestions are always welcome......keep watching everyone more tomorrow ! :classic:

Duh me... I thought they were different building altogether... Now let me just go to the corner of the room and try to get the blush out of my face... :blush:

Duh me... I thought they were different building altogether... Now let me just go to the corner of the room and try to get the blush out of my face... :blush:

That's okay....once I was eating dinner with my wife and I asked her 'Is there any potato in potato salad ?'.....that was my blonde moment ! :laugh:

So which do I redo next the police station or Ford Dealer ? :wink:

That's okay....once I was eating dinner with my wife and I asked her 'Is there any potato in potato salad ?'.....that was my blonde moment ! :laugh:

So which do I redo next the police station or Ford Dealer ? :wink:

I'm curious about both, but I want to see your police stickers :classic:

I'm curious: do you LDD before building, LT?

How big do you think New Mannum 2012 is going to be?

I'm curious about both, but I want to see your police stickers :classic:

Answer - Well, they will use the same stickers as in 2011, but the buildings might change a little (mainly the Ford Dealer will actually be a lot).

I'm curious: do you LDD before building, LT?

Answer - Only sometimes to test out machinery, gondola and vehicle ideas.

How big do you think New Mannum 2012 is going to be?

Answer - Okay, at a minimum of 4 48x48 base plates.....perhaps two more 48x48 depends on the train platform and hotel locations.

Suggestions ?

Edited by lightningtiger

Hmm... I'm really curious about the custom stickers you are going to use with the police station, but if it's going to be similar to the old one, I guess I'd like to see the new Ford Dealer, then... Is it just me or do I feel you'd like to work the Ford Dealership first? :wink:

Hmm... I'm really curious about the custom stickers you are going to use with the police station, but if it's going to be similar to the old one, I guess I'd like to see the new Ford Dealer, then... Is it just me or do I feel you'd like to work the Ford Dealership first? :wink:

No, police station first....I'm still in the planning stage on the redo on the Ford Dealer. The police station will be one stud not as deep, but will score for itself a roof and ceiling like the rest....oop's must not forget to roof/ceiling the bank ! :blush:

Keep watching ! :wink:

everything looks great!

can't wait to see the ford dealership...

Thanks 'sputnik16'......okay I'll try and do the Ford Dealer at the same time....keep watching for later today. :blush:

A fresh post for a fresh new building.....only flooring and roof/ceiling to be done tomorrow.

00000_police_station_99.jpg

Keep watching ! :classic:

A fresh post for a fresh new building.....only flooring and roof/ceiling to be done tomorrow.

Keep watching ! :classic:

So now that I've triple checked the whole thread, I can go on ans ask this, LT: no pics of the interior of that police station?

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

So now that I've triple checked the whole thread, I can go on ans ask this, LT: no pics of the interior of that police station?

Ah, I haven't finished the interior yet....so I hope sometime today and I might get a start on the Ford Dealership today too.

BUT, there is a problem I have only to allowed by Ford to use their logo on my old model so I would have to transfer the showroom to the new 8 stud deep interior but then I lose my workshop which must be a minimum 16 deep....oh, dear....what to do ?

Any suggestions ?

I was thinking of a doing an old Holden dealership building or just a tyre place either built in an art deco style so the town street can show different phases of construction in the history of the town.

Keep watching and please suggesting. :blush:

BUT, there is a problem I have only to allowed by Ford to use their logo on my old model so I would have to transfer the showroom to the new 8 stud deep interior but then I lose my workshop which must be a minimum 16 deep....oh, dear....what to do ? Any suggestions ?

Sorry to ask, but... Is this for real? Did you really ask Ford's permission? If this is a joke, you got me, bro... But if it isn't, well, I was always much more a GM/Chevrolet guy...

Sorry to ask, but... Is this for real? Did you really ask Ford's permission? If this is a joke, you got me, bro... But if it isn't, well, I was always much more a GM/Chevrolet guy...

No, true you must go to their website and fill out the paperwork and wait for an email saying yes or no. It's to protect their logo and so people don't profit from it without them getting their cut. I can not directly profit from the model, like I can not sell the model online or alike.....but having it on Cuusoo and if the wonder of wonders happen (ha,ha) 10000 then it's up to Lego and Ford to nut it out.

I'm currently looking at different country dealership designs and also tyre dealers too so I hope I can start in the next two days....Holden is part of GM, so perhaps a Holden dealer might be on the cards. :wink:

OMG! I love what you are doing with your town, lightningtiger.

I was away for a month, and then "BAM!" this pops up.

On the topic of the "Ford" Dealership, I would maybe go ahead and do a smaller building with a sales room on the side. Here in the UK, many town dealerships have maybe 1 or 2 inside. The rest live outside. And our nearest one has a gas station attachment as well.

Just my two pence.

Keep up the good work though, i'll be following this thread for sure.

Thanks for the 'BAM' comment 'WideWiiLover', I'm planning the Ford dealer today (I hope I have the time :blush: )....and as I write this BAM an idea has come into my head....updating shortly (fingers crossed)....keep watching everyone ! :wink:

I have started on the Ford Dealership as a new w-i-p, I still have to roof/ceiling the police station and bank tomorrow.....I hope. :blush:

000000_ford_w-i-p_98.jpg000000_ford_w-i-p_99.jpg

Still lots to do to this creation for sure.....I had to work with more than 8 stud deep interiors thanks to the detailing I want to include in the creation still.

Suggestions, etc., welcome.....keep watching more to come ! :classic:

Okay, I need some help here, which police vehicle should I build.....

5122852208_5cb399ff83_z.jpg

OR

800px-Australian_Police_Vehicle.jpg

NOTE - my town is some distance from the city so big 4x4's are more likely to be used.

Keep watching....keep suggesting ! :blush:

I don't think so....I would have to have Mel Gibbson living in my town....oh, dear ! :laugh:

Perhaps 'TheKingOfBuilding' should build that car from the first Mad Max movie. :wink:

On thinking about it, I'm lending towards the 4x4....only because it might be easier to keep the shape of it true. :wink:

Love the additions! I'm going to make a small modular town on my dresser and the style of buildings you have is perfect for the size of my town. Mind if I use some of your designs as ideas? I'd make the decals myself in Photoshop lol

Love the additions! I'm going to make a small modular town on my dresser and the style of buildings you have is perfect for the size of my town. Mind if I use some of your designs as ideas? I'd make the decals myself in Photoshop lol

Thanks and I look forward to seeing images of your town in the near future 'The Snake 87'. :classic:

Today sees the police station get it's roof/ceiling....a little more difficult as its 9x11 roof, 8x9 ceiling...oh, the joy of designing ! :laugh:

I'll be looking into the Ford dealer again as a major problem has popped up.....base board supplies have run out so I might have to rethink the street layout a little to fix this problem.....again then the joys of designing ! :blush:

Keep on watching everyone.....updating later today. :classic:

I still have to make a ceiling and modern petrol bowser for the Ford Dealer.....now before you ask where is the car lot....actually it's down the road a bit....this is more for parts and service....plus I guess closing the deals as well.

0000_a_ford_dealer_97.jpg0000_a_ford_dealer_98.jpg0000_a_ford_dealer_99.jpg

Due to costs stacking up, I will detail the three 48x48 base plates first and then expand the end ones with police station, train platform, etc.,.

Slowly the roads will take shape and the landscaping too.....comments welcome and keep watching ! :wink:

The tiger's next challenge (along with the Ford Dealers ceiling :blush: ).....PDK49B.jpg

Updating later today.....keep watching ! :wink: