Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #36: The Voracious Vault

Ooops. Another stupid mistake. I corrected it. Thanks Legoman. :thumbup:

Round One of the First Encounter

>Erik VS Progg Larva B (front): Special Damage (6 damage + 1 other lava = 7 damage to Erik)

>Daxus VS Larval Progg A (front): Miss

>Mizuki VS Progg (front): Special Damage (6 damage to Erik, Daxus, and Mizuki, 3 to Pretzel)

>Monk Pretzel VS Progg A (back): Miss

This round is abysmal for the heroes. the Proggs prove to be more competent foes then assumed. Erik swings at the larva and misses, causing him and his brother to both pounce the young barbarian. Daxus swings at the other Larva but whiffs as the nimble hatchling jumps back. Mizuki prepares to jab the adult Progg, but is distracted when his tail swings from side to side ominously. Letting out what could only be considered a cackle, he goes berserk, jabbing each hero for damage. Erik falls to the creatures jabs and falls unconscious. Finally, the valiant monk misses his target.

lEmty.png "Heh Heh. Nice job, kids! You make your old man proud."

Progg, Level 8 Nocturnal Beast

HP: 85/85

SP: 1

Specials:

Battle Frenzy: The Progg uses his tail to jab every hero for 6 damage.

Drops: Nostrum

w0SFc.png "Thanks daddy!"

Larval Progg A, Level 4 Nocturnal Beast

HP: 40/40

SP: 0

Specials:

Team Effort: The Larval Progg strikes the hero for 6 damage. Every other larva on the field boosts this attacks power by 1.

Drops: 20 gold

w0SFc.png "That trick you pulled was pretty cool too, dad."

Larval Progg B, Level 4 Nocturnal Beast

Specials:

Team Effort: The Larval Progg strikes the hero for 6 damage. Every other larva on the field boosts this attacks power by 1.

The Party:

AAvjC.png

Monk Pretzel, Level 5 Cleric. 463-year-old male "hermit". (Played by Palathadric)*Party Leader!*

Power: 10

Health: 12/15(+1,+1)

Ether: 9/9

Gold: 14

Inventory: Cross (=Nimbus Broomstick) (WP: 5), Viking Helmet, Arm-Mounted Shield, Fire Bomb (x2)Potion (x2), Tonic (x3), Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Shovel, Bedroll,

mp1tm.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr, Level 5 Barbarian. Male Human, 18 years old. (Played by Myrrdn) Knocked out!

Power: 14

Health: 0/12

Gold: 7

Inventory: Spear (WP9), Axe (WP3), Potion x4, Mead, Remedy

HUfbM.jpg

Daxus Octavian, Level 6 Rogue. Male Human, 23 years old. (Played by LEGOman273

Power: 13

Health: 6/12

Gold: 2

Inventory: Draken's Fire (WP: 7), Raider Crossbow (WP: 5)(Ice), Belt, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion (3x), Venom (3x), Grand Potion (1x), Mead (1x), Smoke Bomb (1x), Holy Bomb (1x)

vTSez.jpg

Mizuki Kimura, Level 5 Rogue. 21 years old female human. (Played by Zakura)

Health: 5/11

Gold:0

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 9)envenomed, Potion x3, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Grand Potion, Shovel, Pick

Edited by Endgame

OOC: Erik has 0 base Health? :wacko:

QM note: I edited both numbers. Fixed.

"Damn you monster.......... how could you attack Erik......" I'll slice Progg from the front row.

OOC:Can other people use your item when you are knocked out ?

"Damn you monster.......... how could you attack Erik......" I'll slice Progg from the front row.

OOC:Can other people use your item when you are knocked out ?

QM Note: No, sorry.

"Alright, folks, these guys are horrendously tough. I'll continue my attack from the back row on Larvae Progg 1, unless you think I should use my Phoenix Essence on Erik.

Battle Order:

1. Mizuki Attacks Progg (front row)

2. Daxus Attacks Larvae Progg 2 (back row)

3. Pretzel Attacks Larvae Progg 1 (back row)

Unless you guys would rather use a smoke bomb, I patch you up, and we come back tomorrow. :sweet:

Edited by Palathadric

"Would you guys rather we use a smoke bomb? Right now I cannot heal you without getting a free hit against us, if I raise Erik then he can attack while I heal you, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to use my Phoenix Essence just yet. This is only our first fight."

"Would you guys rather we use a smoke bomb? Right now I cannot heal you without getting a free hit against us, if I raise Erik then he can attack while I heal you, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to use my Phoenix Essence just yet. This is only our first fight."

"Good point. Let's do that."

"How can I forgive them, they hurt my freind. If I get knocked out, Daxus has gotta flee or else Erik's sacrifice will have been for nothing."

Round Two of the First Encounter

>Mizuki VS Progg (front row): Miss

>Daxus Vs Larva B (back row): Hit (WP 7 + Level 6 = 13 damage)

>Monk Pretzel Larva A (back row): Shield (Miracle) (WP 5 x 2 + 5 = 15 health to entire party!)

Fueled vengeance, the 3 heroes engage the beasts in combat once more. Mizuki misses when the Progg swiftly does the barrel roll to the right. Daxus scores a clean hit on Larva B, causing it to squeal in pain. Monk Pretzel recieves a blessed miracle for Ennoc, healing the party (except Erik) to full health!

lEmty.png "Hm. Perhaps you do have fight in you."

Progg, Level 8 Nocturnal Beast

HP: 85/85

Specials:

w0SFc.png "You okay bro?"

Specials:

w0SFc.png "Owowowowowowowowowww..."

HP: 27/40

Specials:

The Party:

AAvjC.png

Monk Pretzel, Level 5 Cleric. 463-year-old male "hermit". (Played by Palathadric)*Party Leader!*

Health: 15/15(+1,+1)

Inventory: Cross (=Nimbus Broomstick) (WP: 5), Viking Helmet, Arm-Mounted Shield, Fire Bomb (x2)Potion (x2), Tonic (x3), Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Shovel, Bedroll,

mp1tm.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr, Level 5 Barbarian. Male Human, 18 years old. (Played by Myrrdn) Knocked out!

HUfbM.jpg

Health: 12/12

Inventory: Draken's Fire (WP: 7), Raider Crossbow (WP: 5)(Ice), Belt, Bedroll, Shovel, Potion (3x), Venom (3x), Grand Potion (1x), Mead (1x), Smoke Bomb (1x), Holy Bomb (1x)

vTSez.jpg

Health: 11/11

Gold:0

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 9)envenomed, Potion x3, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Grand Potion, Shovel, Pick

"How can I forgive them, they hurt my freind. If I get knocked out, Daxus has gotta flee or else Erik's sacrifice will have been for nothing."

"If I Flee, Pretzel will be K'Oed not that that would be a bad thing. :devil:

If we use a Smoke Bomb, he will be revived, we can be healed, and I can apply Venom and drink a Mead. I hate to say this, but Pretzel is on the right track here."

Edited by LEGOman273

QM note: If you flee, all of the damage will be undone that you have dealt. Also, a reminder: assuming that the person using the Phoenix essence isn't at the bottom of the order, the revived can still specify an action for that round. That's how it's been done in the past I believe. :sweet:

OOC: I hate when all of us post at the same time! :damn:

*Larvel B from the Front Row*

QM note: If you flee, all of the damage will be undone that you have dealt. Also, a reminder: assuming that the person using the Phoenix essence isn't at the bottom of the order, the revived can still specify an action for that round. That's how it's been done in the past I believe. :sweet:

OOC: I have no plans to flee.

I repeat my attack.

Battle order remains the same.

"Let's see how the next round works out."

To avoid confusion:

Battle Order:

1. Mizuki Attacks Progg (front row)

2. Daxus Attacks Larvae Progg 2 (front row)

3. Pretzel Attacks Larvae Progg 1 (back row)

"In the future, it would probably be better if you two give your smoke bombs to me and Erik, as you two already have the ability to flee the battle. That way, no matter whom of us is alive, we will still have the opportunity to flee."

Round Three of the First Encounter

QM Note: I never halved the damage for Daxus's back row attack, so that'll be reflected here.

>Mizuki VS Progg (front row): Shield (Mug) (9x3+5-1 = 31 damage.)

>Daxus Vs Larva B (front): Hit (WP 7 + 6 = 13 damage)

>Monk Pretzel Larva A (back row): Special Damage (6+1/2=4 (rounded))

The heroes are slowly but surely getting back in the game. Mizuki pulls of an outstanding Mug on the Progg, dishing out a whopping 31 damage. The Progg lets out a hardly audible grunt of pain as his shell cracks slightly, and 31 coins spurt out and the venom to flow in. Daxus scores another clean hit on larva B again, who yelps in agony. The larvae decide to get vengeance by pouncing on the Monk, doing only a mere 4 damage due to Pretzel being in the back row.

The battle rages on, with 3 defiant enemies standing before as many defiant heroes.

lEmty.png "Dammit, I was hoarding that gold!"

Progg, Level 8 Nocturnal Beast *Poisoned!*

HP: 54/85

Specials:

w0SFc.png "Come on, bro! if we work together we can crush these clods!"

Specials:

w0SFc.png "I'm not feelin' so good."

HP: 20/40

Specials:

The Party:

AAvjC.png

Health: 11/15(+1,+1)

mp1tm.jpg

HUfbM.jpg

Health: 12/12

vTSez.jpg

Health: 11/11

Gold: 31

Edited by Endgame

I'll slice Progg from the front row.

OOC:Monk Pretzel's weapon is a nimbus broomstick which is a ranged weapon suitable for clerices and mages :wink:

EDIT: You didn't deal damage for Pretzal's attack

Edited by zakura

I'll slice Progg from the front row.

OOC:Monk Pretzel's weapon is a nimbus broomstick which is a ranged weapon suitable for clerices and mages :wink:

QM note: Yes, I know.