As requested by Mr Man:

*Snip*

Oops I didn't thank you for it, Thank You, and really good photography there :thumbup:.

Thanks for the comments everyone, really appreciated :classic:

Oops I didn't thank you for it, Thank You, and really good photography there pirate_thumbup.gif.

You're welcome! I'm generally rubbish at photography....I just leave everything on auto and hope for the best!!

Small update: Another small order arrived today. I also received an email confirming that one of the last two had been shipped (it's a relief that Lego hadn't run out of Lego after all :wink: ). However, the most critical one still hasn't been shipped. As Mutley would say (not 777) 'rasnfrasn, rasnfrasnnnnnn, rasnfrasssn' (non UK members might need to

)

Anyway, I now have twins (well almost!):

img_2537.jpg

I'm not going to admit that I spent an hour re-building the first section tonight after I (stupidly) picked it up from the top and it neatly spread itself across my hobby room floor. All I need now is 2 2x10 red plates & the 16 1x15 grey liftarms before I can build most of the rest...it's going to be a long week.

I always thought this set was cool. :thumbup: It's interesting to see someone building it, I can't imagine all the work that goes into it.

Small update:

As Mutley would say (not 777) 'rasnfrasn, rasnfrasnnnnnn, rasnfrasssn' (non UK members might need to

)

I'm not going to admit that I spent an hour re-building the first section tonight after I (stupidly) picked it up from the top and it neatly spread itself across my hobby room floor. All I need now is 2 2x10 red plates & the 16 1x15 grey liftarms before I can build most of the rest...it's going to be a long week.

It's going too slow, would you like new ways to be motivated :vader:?

Or maybe those of us who are too young for the reference :grin_wub:.

:facepalm:

I love seeing the in-progress shots whenever people Bricklink the pieces to a set. Never realized how many basic bricks are in this one.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I love seeing the in-progress shots whenever people Bricklink the pieces to a set. Never realized how many basic bricks are in this one.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

:blush: Thanks Doc

Small update: I was surprised to find that my small order from Lego had arrived today, as I'd only received the shipping email last night...perhaps Mr Man has powerful contacts :wink:

I'm still waiting for my last 18 parts to be shipped though. I'm regretting not ordering them a couple of months ago! The good news is that I was able to build the middle cross-section, which is the most colourful part of the set:

img_2547.jpg

However, the Emperor finally arrives and is not impressed with what he finds:

img_2559.jpg

This is one of the new scenes that will be in a future re-mastered Limited (and Extra Special) Edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Episode VI. It will include lots more scorched fur and show Stormtroopers playing the drums using a load of furry.....!

Cheers, Robin :classic:

Small update: I was surprised to find that my small order from Lego had arrived today, as I'd only received the shipping email last night...perhaps Mr Man has powerful contacts :wink:

:vader::laugh:

However, the Emperor finally arrives and is not impressed with what he finds:

Though it's the standard Sidious face there it really looks like he's saying something :laugh:

I do wonder what's with the colour here, i would expect grey tiles or something or even just one colour but not blue and red :wacko:.

I do wonder what's with the colour here, i would expect grey tiles or something or even just one colour but not blue and red :wacko:.

maybe there supossed to look like the inner tubes of the death star II.

Anyway, great job so far Lobot!

Edited by the-bricking-builder

The last 18 parts have arrived today :classic: Updates to follow shortly!

After an hour of frantic building, I've now completed the frame. I didn't realise quite how big this was going to be! Apologies for the rubbish photos; you'd never guess that we're in the middle of summer at the moment....

That's no moon....

img_2618.jpg

The Stormtroopers look happy, although I'm not sure they're complying with H&S. More updates to follow shortly! Cheers, Robin :classic:

you'd never guess that we're in the middle of summer at the moment....

That's no moon....

We are *oh2*, it's monsooning up here.

The frame looks small er than I thought it would for the size of the sphere.

The 'trench' sections were a little tedious to build. The top six are identical, the other three have pin connectors which link to the main frame:

img_2620.jpg

But the result is well worth it:

img_2622.jpg

Actually, I'm quite surprised how 'flexible' the frame is :look: I assume that when the panels are added it will be a lot stronger otherwise it will need extremely careful handling!

The 'trench' sections were a little tedious to build. The top six are identical, the other three have pin connectors which link to the main frame:

*snip*

But the result is well worth it:

*snip*

Actually, I'm quite surprised how 'flexible' the frame is :look: I assume that when the panels are added it will be a lot stronger otherwise it will need extremely careful handling!

It's starting to look like something! I love how you keep posting updates, it almost makes me feel part of the building experience :sweet:

As for your last remark, have you read this review by Kim T? I got a feeling you'll need to handle your Death Star with extreme care, the following comments from his review say enough:

1: it wobbles if you touch it

2: very small parts come off, if you touch it

3: parts come off when you try to move it somewhere safe

sturdiness: DON'T TOUCH

Edited by DFOL

Update: A couple of hours later and it's starting to look more promising. It's an interesting design, but it's very delicate and slightly off-balance! More updates to follow shortly.

img_2624.jpg

Update: After a few nervous moments, I managed to attach the two part-built sections without any problems. It's suddenly got rather large! It feels a lot more solid, but I'm surprised that the link to the stand wasn't made stronger. The rest of the design is most impressive though! :wub::wub::wub:

Side view:

img_2631.jpg

Attachment to the frame:

img_2629.jpg

You know, seeing someone else building a set you've never owned is almost as good as building it yourself! :laugh:

You know, seeing someone else building a set you've never owned is almost as good as building it yourself! :laugh:

Almost being the operative word :laugh:.

It's looking much better with the plating and city bits on .

Update: Getting there!! A couple of hours of building and it's starting to look almost finished. It feels a lot more solid than before, but it needs a stronger attachment to the stand! Hopefully, I can finish it by tomorrow night....

img_2635.jpg

Oh wow, it's really going fast now! Did the Emperor electrocute another overseer to motivate the crew to work harder?

I know what you mean! I too feel a bit like i'm right there seeing the set being built and come together :laugh:

Oh wow, it's really going fast now! Did the Emperor electrocute another overseer to motivate the crew to work harder?

irreg0842.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone :classic: I'm almost done, another hour tomorrow & I'll finish.

I refer you to a previous update (copy below) :wink: I always knew that I'd find a use for the skeleton in the Wampa set!

img_2559.jpg