CopMike

Brickworld Chicago - Best Group Layout!

Wow! This was an amazing build by so many folks, and it really turned out to be stunning.

So much action and so many different parts added to the beauty and incredible details.

It was really entertaining watching it come together over Thursday and Friday even though I was not one of the builders.

Folks were so friendly at this layout that it was fun just hanging out around it.

Congratulations to the EB team on such a fine build!!!

And a special thanks to Stash/Adam for operating the EB Inn in his basement!

And Simon did a fine job with his MOC's as well. So many cool things to see....

Great job guys. You do us honor world wide!!!

Looking forward to see some pictures.

Morten Sonne

Alright kids, here it is. I haven't done any editing since I thought most of them came out ok, but I do still have the EXIF files, and if I get ambitious one day, I might clean them all up, but I still have a few hundred more from the rest of the show.

Link to my gallery

I did upload the originals, so lets see if the Pro account on Flickr really is unlimited.

A few to tie you over.

7396285624_165681fa54_c.jpg

7396285364_87ac5601c2_c.jpg

7396285198_314cd7d877_c.jpg

Alright kids, here it is. I haven't done any editing since I thought most of them came out ok, but I do still have the EXIF files, and if I get ambitious one day, I might clean them all up, but I still have a few hundred more from the rest of the show.

That's great BC. Being so tall really helps you get a nice view of the layout. I wish I could have seen it from that angle myself. :wink:

That's great BC. Being so tall really helps you get a nice view of the layout. I wish I could have seen it from that angle myself. :wink:

You didn't drink enough to see anything from my point of view. :laugh:

Turns out me being so cold on Saturday night and being all shaky was a legit cold. I felt the same way the entire drive home and when I got there, I took my temp, it was 102.7 :sick:

You didn't drink enough to see anything from my point of view. :laugh:

:laugh: Nobody did! :rofl:

Turns out me being so cold on Saturday night and being all shaky was a legit cold. I felt the same way the entire drive home and when I got there, I took my temp, it was 102.7 :sick:

OMG. Feel better soon! Glad you made it home safe.

I'm currently uploading pictures here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=505873

and here's a low-rez version of the ghost ship while my gallery is pending:

screenhunter_05_jun._18_18.58.jpg

Sadly, my camera was not up to the task, and produced a wealth of blurry pictures. I posted the least blurry ghost ship picture I had. :sad:

YES! :sweet:

Congratulations guys. I'm glad you represented us so well. The layout is spectacular, and certainly deserving of all awards it received. Thanks for posting pictures as well for those of us that couldn't be there.

We had an awesome layout! Great job everyone. :wub:

Yes, my sentiments exactly. There was so much teamwork, it was just amazing. The whole thing came together so wonderfully and I'm happy to see the majority of the voters agreed! :pir-sweet:

I hope I'm not going too far off topic here, but has the EB group layout for next year been announced yet? I'd definitely like to contribute.

Great job, well deserved trophies!

~Legonardo~

We forgot Hyler Talliwell !

He won for best creature.

Though he was displaying it as part of Virtulug... :blush:

--

Congrats on everyone that contributed to the build... it was incredible to see it come together. I basically came in to the wrong and was like - OMG - it's *THAT* big? But we got it done, took two full days but I must say it was absolutely incredible.

And congrats Rufus and Pandora - the inn was definitely the coolest corner of the layout. :laugh:

And thanks for everyone for their nice comments... :blush:

... Next year: Repeat win.

I hope I'm not going too far off topic here, but has the EB group layout for next year been announced yet? I'd definitely like to contribute.

Normally the theme is usually decided at BW (I think?). We have a few ideas, but the front runner involves some discussions first... so we'll see.

We had an awesome layout! Great job everyone. :wub:

Once again the Eurobricks team came together and created something amazing. I'm so proud to be part of such a wonderful team, and our collaboration rocked! I'm even happier that the eventees agreed too! :grin:

And congrats Rufus and Pandora - the inn was definitely the coolest corner of the layout. :laugh:

Thanks Si; big congratulations to you too for your master builder title.

A couple of pics of our (winning! :grin: ) pub and waterfall, but we'll start a thread with more pics of it sometime.

7402334292_2fc05047e1_z.jpg

7402261154_ea6d0c5f93_z.jpg

... Next year: Repeat win.

Hell yeah! :grin:

I just watched the video over at tbb and saw this display, and wow! That is a great job guys. All the little islands and that huge fort. And of course, the sea monster, amazing!

Congratulations! It's an awesome display!

Great buildings, great ships and lots of action :thumbup:

The monkey island is nice and the monkey rock rocks as well!

I also like the monster. You can't really see what it is, which adds to the mystery around such a creature.

I'm in awe.

I was so busy tearing down after the awards ceremony I forgot to get the group EB trophy shot :cry_sad:

so here's a single shot:

7390047604_7d333dba79.jpg

:S by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

I was so busy tearing down after the awards ceremony I forgot to get the group EB trophy shot :cry_sad:

Well we did do the sigfig photos but I don't remember who was photographing it. :dwacko:

I hope you guys from Torolug had a blast...but saved enough energy and a few dollars for Brickfete.

We definitely did... but don't worry, by the time Brickfete rolls around, we'll be roaring to go! Not too mention we all have that post-Brickworld-build-fever... :sweet:

Well we did do the sigfig photos but I don't remember who was photographing it. :dwacko:

I was one of the photographers...

7407018206_a6a73628c3_z.jpg

Heh, my sigfig is a little off kilter, I knew I should have pushed it down onto the studs. Oh well, rather representative in the end isn't it? :laugh: