88high

Occupation thread

I'm still in high school, but I occasionally tutor people in math (Grades 9-10). They're usually friends of mine or kids of people who are friends with my parents. In the future, assuming I get into and graduate from university, I'd like to go into computers.

Dream job is working as an ESPN football analyst, but there's little chance of that happening.

5 years of temp work, everything from polishing boats, planting gardens, to drilling parts for Porsche motors and military rockets...

15 years of leading many different stores' fresh produce departments for Migros (the largest food/non food/fresh produce retailer in Switzerland), and for the last five years working for Exxon Mobile (since 1 July no longer, otherwise I wouldn't be aloud to mention it in public(love those big global companies that seem to think their policies are worth more than individual rights, although they paid me well. So I shouldn't bite the hand that fed me...)).

Now working for an energy/oil company from eastern europe, newly setting foot in the western market and wanting to establish a new premium brand, very exciting and challenging as we are starting from scratch. I am assistant team lead for accounts payable - making sure accounting has the necessary and correct input for their number crunching (sales/margins) and that the individual gas station shops have correct numbers for their inventory/sales profits.

Plus a single parent of a teenage son, and caretaker of 24 apartments.

I'm out of high school in Florida, living back in my homeland in Scotland, whilst about to attend University in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

You could say i'm well travelled, and so is my bricks!!! :tongue:

I am studying to be a Computer Network Technician.....So I guess i'm an engineer of some sort....

Property Developer,

Sadly it isn't a grownup version of lego building but is a great job for my age, and does help in bringing in cash for legos and other passions.

I'm out of high school in Florida, living back in my homeland in Scotland, whilst about to attend University in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

You could say i'm well travelled, and so is my bricks!!! :tongue:

I am studying to be a Computer Network Technician.....So I guess i'm an engineer of some sort....

Wow that is like the opposite of my grandparents lives! They were born in Scotland, then moved to Canada with a job offer when they were in their 20's, and then moved down to Georgia after all their kids went through US college. Small world :classic:

I work in television as a cameraman, switcher and editor. Love my job as it deals with weather - one of the things I was most interested in growing up.

Also a part time farmer fiddling around with 40 acres. Growing Corn and soybeans mostly.

Panoramic.jpg

I'm just out of high school, and working to enlist in the US Navy ASAP, to be a helicopter crew chief, then after about 20 years I hope to be able to work with LEGO in some way.

-'Skintas

I've been working in an IT department (system manager, SAN manager, backup manager...) for almost 19 years. Now I am in water meters, heat cost allocators etc. .

Saso

This is sorta job related. I had an interview with goggle and my Lego "obsession" :blush: (as my girl friend would call it) came up. The interview was over a skype type system and the interviewer could see some of my sets in the background. He was surprised I was into Lego and said he liked the creative aspect of the "toy" :hmpf_bad: I think it might have just got me the job since I know have a second interview.

Edited by legomonk

Working on a second degree as I assist a professor at my university ...this degree is in mathematics. With some of the hardest (and last four) classes for this degree, my building and designing time is already starting to erode this fall ...ugh!

I ultimately want to make a go at stage acting, but at present, I'm working freelance as a landscaper/mason. I love working outdoors, and I've always had an interest in creating garden spaces.

I was getting paid by Google, but now they disabled the AdSense account. Let's just hope I get it back. :cry_sad:

I was getting paid by Google, but now they disabled the AdSense account. Let's just hope I get it back. :cry_sad:

That's unfortunate...May I ask why they disabled it? Good luck with getting it back!

That's unfortunate...May I ask why they disabled it? Good luck with getting it back!

With the reason they mostly disable other people's- invalid clicks. I guess a competitor kept clicking on my ads. :cry_sad:

With the reason they mostly disable other people's- invalid clicks. I guess a competitor kept clicking on my ads. :cry_sad:

I'm sorry to hear that. :cry_sad: Do you think the problem will be solved?

I'm sorry to hear that. :cry_sad: Do you think the problem will be solved?

It depends. I really hope it does. :sadnew:

Former corporate lawyer who helped large multinationals fire vulnerable employees and escape their contractual obligations.

I later sought a more amoral profession, and became a tax consultant, specializing in corporate taxation and further specializing in the financial services industry, where I help some of the most ludicrously overpaid companies in the world save even more money.

Same here except for the former lawyer part.

I'm Associate Corporate Tax being able to do my tax consultant exam in 3.5 years. Tax consultant exam is one of the most difficult exams here in Germany. I work for one of the Big Four, helping "some of the most ludicrously overpaid companies in the world save even more money." as Snark named it so nicely :D

I'm a firefighter / paramedic. (Always wanted to be a cop though, so not sure how I did everything but :P )

I'm also going back to school for nursing.,

I'm currently a student, and will take some digital design classes, and probably something along the lines of engineering or design in college. My dream job is to work for one of the major car companiesdefault_wubnew.gif and work with the things I lovedefault_thumbup.gif I believe that if you have a job, it has to be something that you would enjoy doing your whole lifedefault_classic.gif

Sept 3rd, I started my new (hopefully) lifelong job as... a mechanical engineer hoping to work on chinooks :sweet: (apprentice for the next 3 years for the time being though :P)