Capn Frank

Phred's Frigate the Dame du Loup

When you said your pirates had class and elegance I immediately thought of this song

http://www.raystevens.com/SongLyrics/PirateSongLyrics.html

LOL!

don't worry aaron. me pirates don't like to sing and dance. :-D and they love to plunder and pillage like every other descant pirate. and they definetely don't want to be like the

that's for sure.

Try living in Canada, being so close to the US we use both. for instance I am 6 feet tall, weigh 210 lbs but its -1 degree celcuis outside, and I travel 3 kilometers to work, we use millimeters, centimeters, inches, feet and meters interchangably. eeek!

BTW wheels under the hull is a really cool idea Phred!

(EB wouldn't let me edit this into my last post)

Gosh Mister Syedow, thanks for the compliment. And thank you too Capt Kirk.

Carefull Berry some of the non-Americans might here you 8-o . Besides we stick with tradition better than all the other countries with our measurements. j/k (i'd rather the U.S. would go to metric cause it IS easier)

Wow this ship is beautiful, I mean AMAZING!!! Its so complete, amazing amazing! I do not understand how so many people are so talented and making ships from nothing, as in building hulls with bricks, but you Sir. are one of them. The sheer size is stunning, and the color scheme(White Blue) I have always very much admired. Well done.

Willy

First of all, I like the sheer mass of this ship. I also like that the colorful bricks are so well concealed, though I would question the idea of pirates commanding such a large ship, as most pirates used much smaller vessels for raiding and pillaging. They would be more likely to use a Hoy or Galleot than a Man-of-War.

Secondly, to all my American homies... well that would be Phred mostly... I think we can both agree that the US certainly needs to get on the Metric System train. Feet and inches, galleons and quarts... they are just silly. And to my Canadian allies, that would mostly be Sting, Willy and Aaron... it must suck to always be accommodating everyone and using hybrids all the time... I mean French and English on you cereal boxes, that must also be tough!

haha I'm perfectly bilangual so the french and english isn't a problem. But I couldn't agree more that gallons and quarts are silly. Fact is though we still use a lot of those in our everyday life in Canada, example: We dont say "How tall are you?" Ohh im 1.64 meters tall eh! (We do say eh haha) and we also say stuff like "Ahh its about 3 inches" and I weigh 120 pounds. (We dont really use Kilograms) Well yah we do use all the metric system, but mostly in places like the butchers, etc...Aquariums we still measure in gallons, I got a 25 gallon with my fish in it! That sort of stuff.

Try living in Canada, being so close to the US we use both. for instance I am 6 feet tall, weigh 210 lbs but its -1 degree celcuis outside, and I travel 3 kilometers to work, we use millimeters, centimeters, inches, feet and meters interchangably. eeek!
haha I'm perfectly bilangual so the french and english isn't a problem. But I couldn't agree more that gallons and quarts are silly. Fact is though we still use a lot of those in our everyday life in Canada, example: We dont say "How tall are you?" Ohh im 1.64 meters tall eh! (We do say eh haha) and we also say stuff like "Ahh its about 3 inches" and I weigh 120 pounds. (We dont really use Kilograms) Well yah we do use all the metric system, but mostly in places like the butchers, etc...Aquariums we still measure in gallons, I got a 25 gallon with my fish in it! That sort of stuff.

Yikes! I thought Canada was all metric and the U.S. was the only country that used old English Standard. That would be a little confusing, having to get used to two standards of measurement.

BTW wheels under the hull is a really cool idea Phred!

My brother and I are going to play something like Evil Stevie

That's a female ninja! i used one of the female pirate torsos, put on a pretty face, and put on the ninja head gear. (i like ninja :-P )

A female ninja?! That's double the bad luck according to Pirates of the Caribbean and the fact that she's a ninja. Where's that cat picture? Because I feel that there is a traitor amongst us.

the lattice door is pretty stable considering it's made of 6 bricks.

there is a 1x4 and a 1x2 plate on each side of the door to hold the lattic together and two pole grippy thingys

Very good. We just can't let the prisoners escape from willy nilly ill-fashioned prison doors.

Secondly, to all my American homies... well that would be Phred mostly...

And me! I'm also from minnesota! also, i think Imperial Scouts is from california if i'm not mistaken.

And me! I'm also from minnesota! also, i think Imperial Scouts is from california if i'm not mistaken.

Sweet, and Phred is from Wisconsin, so we got the Midwest connection going on here! And luckily for us, Phred doesn't much care for the Packers ;)

Phred:

I like the realistic interior, and that you now have done a little pirate homework.

I didn't know anything about actual pirates until I joined this forum, so it has been one of the fun little suprises along the way, such as Pirates and the names of there ships. Black Bart, Blackbeard, William Kidd, Calico Jack, the Barbarossa brothers, etc. They had some cool ships names too, Queen Anne's Revenge, the Golden Hind, Adventure Prize... Bart was about the only one to man such a large ship, but there is no reason Lego pirates can't have one!

While I was working on the Xebec and my bro was working on his Frigate my fiance was in the Lego room with us building stuff too. One thing she made was a bell to go on my brothers frigate. (she also made a really cool dice that works *sweet* ) It isn't very noticable but the bell swivels like an actually bell would. It doesn't "ring" though like a real bell because it is plastic. ;-)

6a51207c.jpg

74ccfbf8.jpg

dc02ca1a.jpg

While I was working on the Xebec and my bro was working on his Frigate my fiance was in the Lego room with us building stuff too. One thing she made was a bell to go on my brothers frigate. (she also made a really cool dice that works *sweet* )

Those are pretty nice!

I have been thinking about adding a bell to the Arbiter II, this is a nice design! Kodos to the fiance.

It is kind of wierd that you bros post in each others threads like this, but it is good to see some combined efforts as well.

Phred:

How close are you to finishing the frigate??

Phred:

How close are you to finishing the frigate??

Well the renovation of the bow is almost done by having both anchors be raised and lowered individually with one capstan.

Then the main structure between the bow and stern is almost complete on the exterior.

I have yet to renovate the stern to fit the center section with the added deck, but will work on it once the bow and center are (semi-)complete.

Phred

I was born in MN. and lived there for 9 years, now I'm in In. so I guess I could be a American Homie!

What has that got to do with this thread?! :-/

What has that got to do with this thread?! :-/

It's ok Mr. Tiber,

ppl post off topic all the time in all the other threads :-D

Captn: Kool, nice to have another midwesterner aboard. *y*

Phred