Sign in to follow this  
Siercon and Coral

The Honey Bee Tree

The Honey Bee Tree in the Faerie Forest! Home to some of the world's sweetest honey and happiest bears. Not only is it an important source of honey, but it is also a Forestmen trading outpost. The Keeper of Bees is also a ferocious ally. Many cities have been captured after a couple of these were unloaded from catapults, to say nothing of the charging bears on the battle field.

This was made for both the Guild of Historica and to fill in some of the gaps in a collaboration coming to a BrickFair soon ;)

7373505510_b94f006925.jpg

Honey! The joyful bee keeper of the Faerie Forest. He is the tamer of bears and harvester of honey. He does all he can to make the lives of the forestmen on the Mystic Isles just a little bit sweeter.

7373502912_a5dd9a301f.jpg

The Faerie Forest is nearing its completion, stay tuned! :D

P.S. Sean's actually been learning to be a bee keeper for more than a year now, and we bought our first personal hive about a week ago :) Yay us... Swing by some time for some honey!

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Excellent as usual! Great parts usage for the Hives and the yellow window shutters work perfectly here too. I also like the use of the gladiator helm on Hagrids body, it really works well. Nice addition to your growing land!

Looks awesome! The landscaping is perfect. I really like the way you made the hives, I'm going to have to bookmark this for future reference! :wink:

nicely done! Was excite to see your interpetation and of course it don't disappoint!

Love all you guy's builds (have been lurking your Flickr account!) keep them coming

mikey

Well executed as always. A medieval bee keeper suit and a Winnie the Pooh reference in the same vig.

I knew those pen pieces would be useful! (See this thread for proof.) You beat me to it. Hopefully I can get some for my next build, which may take some time.

A lot of people claim that great minds think alike, but the truth is great minds think differently. I didn't see those pieces as beehives, but as something else (not gonna tell). Still, yours is in inspired parts use.

I just love your mocs and this one is truly special! So many great details on this one! How is the hives made?

I just love your mocs and this one is truly special! So many great details on this one! How is the hives made?

I believe the hives in the tree are this piece.

The ones on the boxes are this piece.

I believe the hives in the tree are this piece.

The ones on the boxes are this piece.

Lovely scene as always :sweet:

After seeing you use pen pieces in interesting ways I was looking at them yesterday and saw this yellow piece. Thank you gedren for posting a link to them. I was going to ask how you aquired your beads! Its a shame bricklink doesn't list so many of the beads/pen pieces.

And the masked guy raising the yellow shutter honeycomb :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Cara

Thanks so much and sure!

IMG_0484.jpg?t=1339806354

Thanks guys for the comments! This one oddly enough looks better in person than in the photo :-/ Less busy and sparse (not sure how those two go together ;) Anyways Thanks a ton guys! :D

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Great details and ideas, yet again. As everyone else has said, the beehives, honeycombs and beekeeper masks look great! Excellent work!