Oky

The Golden Eagle

The Golden Eagle

7187990035_5e66e7cccf_z.jpg

Backstory:

Rafael Aguilar is a young man who grew up in an orphanage in Gotham City. He has no memory of his parents. He spent his childhood among other orphans and poor people. One day the orphanage he was living at got robbed, causing it to operate on a very tight budget from then on. Seeing how unfortunate and miserable his friends were, Rafael dearly wished he could help them somehow, but he never had the means to do so, until one day he was approached by an old man, who told him that he was the descendant of a great Aztec warrior and that it was his destiny and duty to guard the ancient treasure of the Aztecs. The old man gave him a talisman and then disappeared. Rafael soon found out that the talisman had magical powers and could transform him into the mighty warrior who once wore it, giving him enhanced strength, sharpened senses, and a nearly impenetrable golden armor. The magic extending wings of the armor give him the ability to fly, and the helmet gives him access to the vast wisdom of the Aztecs. He realized that he could use these new powers to help the unfortunate citizens of Gotham, so he adopted the identity of the Golden Eagle, a.k.a. The Bright Knight or Eagle Knight. With his shiny armor and heroic image, he represents hope, justice, and all that is good. Unfortunately, the Aztec code forbids him to distribute any of the treasure, but he can use it to fight evil doers. And so, he keeps the amulet on him at all times and leaps into action whenever crime is afoot!

Here you can see him in his secret hideout, the Eagle's Nest, where he keeps the Aztec treasure safe, which also doubles as his armory as it includes various golden weapons. Golden Eagle is skilled in the use of many weapons, including spears, swords, daggers, etc.

7187991445_e200abbd52_z.jpg

The Eagle's Nest by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here's a side view:

7373222278_76ff47fa64_z.jpg

Golden Eagle Side by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

The only non-purist part of this custom fig are the wings which are made out of gold-colored paper.

7373220288_e27e2551c2_z.jpg

Golden Eagle Back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

The Golden Eagle is basically the flip side to Batman. One is dark, the other is bright. One operates at night, the other at day. One fights evil by inducing fear, the other by being the personification of hope. Because of this, the two Gotham Knights don't always agree, but they have worked together on occasions. For example, Batman often calls upon Golden Eagle's help when he is attacked by Nighthawk, which usually results in a fight between the two birds of prey.

7373218128_55e00df2d7_z.jpg

Golden Eagle VS. Nighthawk by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Cost of Minifig:

Aztec Bird headdress: $1.66

New Robin head: $3.15

Pearl Gold Armor Breastplate with Leg Protection: $0.59

Poseidon torso: $1.57

Poseidon legs: $1.23

Pearl Gold Lightsaber Blade: $0.35

Pearl Gold Telescope: $0.22

Pearl Gold Flexible Spike: $0.73

Gold paper: $1.99

Total: $11.49

Fun facts:

• This character was inspired by the CMF Series 7 Aztec Warrior, who is referred to as an "Eagle Knight" in the online biography and is meant to be the ancestor mentioned in Golden Eagle's backstory.
  • The name Rafael Aguilar is a reference to the term aguila real, which means golden eagle in spanish. :wink:
  • This Golden Eagle is not to be confused with Golden Eagle, Hawkman's son.

Thanks for reading, and please leave any comments you may have!

Looks like Nightwing got into the Aztec Warrior's wardrobe. :head_back::tongue:

No seriously, this is one very fine entry, great job on combining all the pearl gold elements to achieve the overall golden look of this fig. It might be a bit 'too bright' for the dark Batman universe, but in the weird world of comics where everything is possible, his background more than justifies the outfit motif.

One of the stronger entries in the Hero category, best of luck in the competition! :thumbup:

Looks like Nightwing got into the Aztec Warrior's wardrobe. :head_back::tongue:

No seriously, this is one very fine entry, great job on combining all the pearl gold elements to achieve the overall golden look of this fig. It might be a bit 'too bright' for the dark Batman universe, but in the weird world of comics where everything is possible, his background more than justifies the outfit motif.

One of the stronger entries in the Hero category, best of luck in the competition! :thumbup:

:tongue:

Thanks. I know what you mean, but that was the idea behind this character - he fills the hole that Batman leaves in Gotham's superhero department. Since Batman mostly works at night and is a rather dark type of hero, it leaves Gotham vulnerable during the day and makes it yearn for a more uplifting hero, and that's where Golden Eagle comes in! :sweet: In other words, G.E. is the kind of hero Gotham needs and deserves. :laugh:

But where is this talisman? :tongue:

He wears it around his neck, so it's safe underneath his armor. :wink:

which usually results in a fight between the two birds of prey.

However in every birdfight (as well as the gang war) The Penguin is the winner! :grin:Waugh-waugh!

Another great entry with great concept! I can easilly see that one in Bat-universe as well as your Nighthawk. :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

I love the custom spear! All so glittery and gold!

Thanks. I was thinking of using the one from the Aztec Warrior, but I thought it would be too unoriginal, so I made my own, and I am quite happy with the result. :classic:

However in every birdfight (as well as the gang war) The Penguin is the winner! :grin:Waugh-waugh!

Another great entry with great concept! I can easilly see that one in Bat-universe as well as your Nighthawk. :sweet:

True, I suppose. :laugh: Thanks, glad you like it.

The entry is in line with the rules. Good luck.

Thank you! :sweet:

This is a very nice entry, with a great dazzling of gold! I can definitely see this fitting into the quirkiness of Batmans universe, and I do like the way you picked up a little inspiration from the figure descriptions :)

Good luck with your entries!

I bought extra Aztec Warriors just for the super hero possibilities myself. The big is great. Lego gold is awesome.

I can see this character being the day to Batman's night.