yys4u

Moding X-wing 9493

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Is anyone else disappointed with this set? I just recently bought it and I'm not a huge SW collector so this is one of the few SW sets I actually bought. Well judging by pictures of old star wars X-wings and this one, I can tell this one is much better in detail and accuracy. However, I can't stand the fact that the droid sits sideways not straight on. I really want to mod it to make it right but don't have much experience with this and wondering if anyone has tried this or feels the same way?

As I side note, I also don't like the rubber band system in the back, makes me not want to display it in attack mode :hmpf_bad: .

Well since the astromech's in Jedi Starfighters sit sideways, I just turn their head to face the front. :laugh: It's good enough for me, but maybe you want a different solution.

Well since the astromech's in Jedi Starfighters sit sideways, I just turn their head to face the front. :laugh: It's good enough for me, but maybe you want a different solution.

I feel the same way. If you modded the back so that the astromech was corrected, it might make the ship bulkier.

Is anyone else disappointed with this set? I just recently bought it and I'm not a huge SW collector so this is one of the few SW sets I actually bought. Well judging by pictures of old star wars X-wings and this one, I can tell this one is much better in detail and accuracy. However, I can't stand the fact that the droid sits sideways not straight on. I really want to mod it to make it right but don't have much experience with this and wondering if anyone has tried this or feels the same way?

As I side note, I also don't like the rubber band system in the back, makes me not want to display it in attack mode :hmpf_bad: .

The droid sitting sideways doesn't bother me much. I definitely prefer this solution to the solution used in certain sets like the Ultimate Collectors' Series Naboo Starfighter, where the droid's head will be used with no droid body. This set is large enough that it could be modded to have a front-facing droid, but I can see why TLG might have avoided this since it could have required some more complicated building techniques.

IMO, this set makes great improvements on previous X-Wing Starfighter sets, so I don't consider it a disappointment at all. Like a lot of recent Star Wars sets, it shows that TLG is still coming up with new ideas about how to make Star Wars sets more accurate, even ones that they have been making new versions of for years and years.

Droid position hasn't bothered me in a set yet either, seems pretty obvious given the shape of the fig, why they continue to do it =)

That said, I've been more upset/concerned with trying to mod the rubber bands / wings into something with out bands, or just more stable.

Bands pull bricks apart slowly. =(

I'm not exactly disappointed. I would habe liked a different piece for the cockpit, though.

As for the rubber bands, I don't like where they are placed. I'd prefer if they were placed less obvious, though.

Edited by Brickadeer