Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Greffen Bridge

The Great Gatehouse of Albion is guarded by the Draconem River. Anyone wishing to cross the river must travel between two linked watchtowers (Castor and Pollux) and over Greffen Bridge.

7168325211_7d643fc049_c.jpg

Front. I improved on previous border making so the border edges sit flush. Hooray!

7168324987_6445c778c8_c.jpg

Back. Though you can't see it too easily in this shot, the wooden ramps that lead up to the watch tower doors are attached to a pivot so the can swing up towards the watchtowers to prevent enemies from easily accessing the watchtower doors in battle.

7353535720_dafa020c6a_c.jpg

3/4 view. Ideally the bridge would be longer (and better looking!) but this was not possible due to the space and time restraints of BW.

7168325183_ef843db2af_c.jpg

Marching army. You can see Triann Burress's trusted Lieutenant, Marshall Stampick overseeing the Mesodraconem's arrival.

Designed to link with the Great Gatehouse of Albion (obviously!). I was inspired by the "harbor watchtowers" in Anno 1404.

I took these shots while packing up the gatehouse for BW so I noticed a few things were not in perfect alignment (like the flags on the two towers or some of the supports under the wood battlements) but I didn't bother retaking the pictures for that!

When this is linked to the Great Gatehouse of Albion, I wish the watchtowers were shorter (or the gatehouse was taller). I considered raising the gatehouse two or three bricks, but ultimately decided against it. The tower battlements on the gatehouse are still slightly taller than the battlements on the watchtowers, so I will just have to accept that as good enough.

I didn't take any pictures of the bridge linked to the gatehouse for a few reasons

1) so there is something fun at Brickworld

2) it is too friggin' massive to get photos of in my setup. Hopefully some BW photos will get you your fix

3) it is a separate link from the Albion thread, so I wanted it to have its own topic.

Gotta pack my clothes as I am leaving for Brickworld in about an hour!

nicely done. I really like the dark brown and white. Guess I have more parts to add to my wish list.....

looking forward to seeing it all together!

Wow great build... Great towers

Just one Q: why isn't the bridge finished?

Wow great build... Great towers

Just one Q: why isn't the bridge finished?

The drawbridge to the Great Gatehouse of Albion comes down where the bridge ends.

You may be able to see it some from here, a teaser taken with my iPhone

7163035237_a5967c3864_c.jpg

Can't wait to see them together :drool:

I like the wooden sections on top of the towers, and the tudor section connects them nicely :thumbup:

Excellent work on the river as well :classic:

I do think that there should be a visible method of pivoting the walkways.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Looks great Z! Love all the wood, especially the use of the legs!

But aren't you afraid the Drow will set this tower on fire with all that wood?! In Mitgardia with the cold fire won't be a problem but here... :devil:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

This is just better than imagined. :thumbup:

I am looking forward to see the whole bridge next to the Albion Gate.

It will look great. Albion defenses are now even more formidable.

But aren't you afraid the Drow will set this tower on fire with all that wood?! In Mitgardia with the cold fire won't be a problem but here... :devil:

1. We are never afraid of the Drow.

2. Wood is abundant in Avalonia and easy to replace.

3. We have lots of water to dowse the wood with. It is not too easy to set ablaze.

1. We are never afraid of the Drow.

2. Wood is abundant in Avalonia and easy to replace.

3. We have lots of water to dowse the wood with. It is not too easy to set ablaze.

Point 1. :thumbup:

I just noticed the two towers do make reference to greek-roman mithology, as well other buildings in Albion... :knight:

Wow Z! Those towers sure looks impressive! Fits perfect with the great entrance to Albion! Love the style and details on those towers!! :wub:

Edited by de Gothia

What a great build ZCerberus :thumbup:

I love the wood above the stone and the tudor-esque windows, feels very authentic. The octagonal shape gives a nice aesthetic.

Very cool!

the top of the towers really caught my eye, what you did is awesome!

waiting to see the 2 builds together :wink:

~Legonardo~

Great work Z, I love the look of this. It tones in well with your great gatehouse, yet still stands out with those large wooden battlements at the top. Very impressive!

I've seen this in person, and it is AMAZING! I especially like the fisher folk, the little balconies at the back of the tower, and very solid wooden crenelations along the top. This is a gorgeous build!

Joined together. This is from someone else's photo stream. I will have to check to see if I have one.

7395585640_ee857100f1_c.jpg

This really is an epic, beautiful scene. Well done, and to do all those other towers in time for BW is amazingly impressive! Love the woodwork, the water, oh, and the stonework! Let's hope the enemies of Albion never bring fire arrows :wink:

Just beautiful. :wub: The gaurdtowers look great when paired up with the gatehouse and the drawbridge lowered. Looks like you had fun at Brickworld! :thumbup: