I am going to be attending (and displaying) my first Brickfair this year. I've heard really good things so I am sure it will meet my expectations.

Everybody who posted before this have been added to the list of attendees.

AC

PS. If you're bringing an MOC, feel free to update your post and add links/pics of it.

AC,

You can toss my name on that list. It'll be great to meet you; always admired your work.

-John

Everybody who posted before this have been added to the list of attendees.

AC

PS. If you're bringing an MOC, feel free to update your post and add links/pics of it.

AC,

You can toss my name on that list. It'll be great to meet you; always admired your work.

-John

Added to the list and would like to meet everybody else if I make it. Next week, I'll know definitely if I'm going or not.

AC

I have attended BrickFair since 2008 (and coordinated at it since 2009), however I will not be making it this year. Really bummed about it.

But it is a great con to go to.

-Omi

It's a shame you won't be there, but hopefully by the time you are next able to attend I'll have that airship model I've been working on on LDD fully designed and built in real life!

Just wanted to share that Brickfair recently revealed two of the LEGO employees who will be presenting at the event: Astrid Graabæk (designer of the Town Hall) and Kevin Hinkle (the North America community coordinator). Sounds like it should be a very fun event! I look forward to attending!

It's a shame you won't be there, but hopefully by the time you are next able to attend I'll have that airship model I've been working on on LDD fully designed and built in real life!

That would be cool. ChocoFrogs is taking over for me though this year.

-Omi

:cry2: Sorry, I'm definitely NOT going as much as I've wanted to.

AC

:cry2: Sorry, I'm definitely NOT going as much as I've wanted to.

AC

Boo! Sorry to hear it, perhaps next year.

Boo! Sorry to hear it, perhaps next year.

Personal life and family takes precedence above all. :sad:

AC

Just registered my MOCs for Brickfair. I'm bringing Sophia Blaze, (slightly modified from the image here), Rise of the Dread Colossus, and everypony's favorite Toa of Fire, Tahu. My twin brother Lyichir is also bringing an Axe Cop cubedude we worked on together. And my younger brother is bringing several MOCs of his own.

Edited by Aanchir

I'll bring the Blacktron carrier (which I've taken to past events but not at this location), a selection of Unitron models (a trailer and a small fighter to go along with this and this), a small diner made from Tower Bridge parts and probably the office building as well, although it's basically just a shell at this point.

Bad news guys,

I've had to cancel my travel plans due to personal circumstances that I don't feel like sharing with the rest of the internet. Not to worry, I am disappointed and sad, but otherwise I'm fine.

I'm sorry that I won't be seeing you. I hope to make it next year.

Cheers,

Ralph

Bad news guys,

I've had to cancel my travel plans due to personal circumstances that I don't feel like sharing with the rest of the internet. Not to worry, I am disappointed and sad, but otherwise I'm fine.

I'm sorry that I won't be seeing you. I hope to make it next year.

Cheers,

Ralph

Really sorry to hear that, Ralph. Take care and I hope all works out for the best. We'll see you next year.

Bad news guys,

And I had the perfect craft-brew beer picked out this year to introduce you to! Drat!

I'll have to ice it until next year now.

-John

Sorry to hear that you won't be there Ralph....

I see that there are now over 1,100 Attendees... I think that is up from last year...

Is this the largest Lego show in the U.S. ? I think when I was at Brickworld in 2010 there were like 800...

I've been looking forward to meeting you guys again for months now and I am pretty disappointed that I can't make it. For a while I felt as though my vacation was ruined. Fortunately I have been able to come up with a backup plan. I will be going to the UK for a week, getting together with friends there and displaying models at a show with Brickish on the 4th and 5th of August in York. It will have about 20 participants rather than 1100, but still promises to be fun.

I hope to make it to Brickfair next year.

Cheers,

Ralph

Less than 1 week to go! Everyone be sure to stop by the Pharaoh's Labyrinth collaborative build and say, 'hi'!

Who still has a crazy amount of building to do? I know I do.

I plan to come there on Thursday at probably around 3:00 or so. If anyone wants to have an informal gathering/lunch/etc. on one of the days, post here or send me a PM.

It's too bad you can't come, Ralph. We'll see you next year.

If anyone wants to find me at Brickfair, I'll be wearing my 2009 BIONICLE hat and, of course, my name badge.

7694303446_97163a9d34_n.jpg

My name badge this year is smaller than it has been some years, but should be just as distinctive with its four differently-colored Hero Cores. The blank 1x8 brick is a stand-in for my Brickfair 2012 brick while the blank 1x6 tile is a stand-in for a tile printed with my screen name (Aanchir). Both will be added as soon as I've checked in at the registration desk tomorrow.

I look forward to connecting with some people!

If anyone wants to find me at Brickfair, I'll be wearing my 2009 BIONICLE hat and, of course, my name badge.

7694303446_97163a9d34_n.jpg

My name badge this year is smaller than it has been some years, but should be just as distinctive with its four differently-colored Hero Cores. The blank 1x8 brick is a stand-in for my Brickfair 2012 brick while the blank 1x6 tile is a stand-in for a tile printed with my screen name (Aanchir). Both will be added as soon as I've checked in at the registration desk tomorrow.

The Ninjago Wiki tile is a gift from my brother Meiko. He will have others at the event.

I look forward to connecting with some people!

Cool. Where can I get the Brickfair tile? The wife and I arrived this afternoon. Spent some time at the smithsonian. Gonna head to Brickfair on Sunday.

Cool. Where can I get the Brickfair tile? The wife and I arrived this afternoon. Spent some time at the smithsonian. Gonna head to Brickfair on Sunday.

The Brickfair bricks are only available to registered attendees. This year's brick was yellow instead of white, which threw some people for a loop but ended up working fine on my name badge in the end.

Brickfair was excellent this year. I spent a lot of time with friends from BZPower, got to chat with LEGO Friends designers Astrid and Fenella, and saw a lot of interest in "Rise of the Dread Colossus" during the public days. I also bought some stuff from vendors and took advantage of the LEGO store discounts, so I should have enough LEGO to keep me occupied for quite a while.

There were Lego store discounts? shoot I missed that part. I was a little put off by the price gouging of the minifigs. Like some simple CMFs were $15!!! Not hard to get ones either.

One guy had Olympic figs for $15 each. I had a gallon bag full of them for $5 a pop. I traded one of my swimmers for a weightlifter to the guy to complete my second set.

I picked up a couple accessories and a printed Portal minifig.