Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jebediahs

Heroica RPG - Quest#35: Rescue the Maa’ri!

626 posts in this topic

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this Quest. If you wish to join the game, head over to the

Rules and Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

scn_title.jpg

A party of five followed the hound to Eubric Forest. The five were:

heroicarpg003edited.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra) *Party Leader*

Level 11.5 Mage

Power:
16

Shield Power:
3

Health:
15/15

Ether:
15/15

Gold:
0

Inventory:
Sapphire Staff (WP:5,
Wind
elemental), Robe of the Elven Warlock (SP:3), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness,
Sapphire
,
Topaz
,
Aquamarine
, Potions (2), Grand Tonic (2), Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb

heroicaavatar2.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)
*Resistant to Magic*

Level 15 Evoker

Power:
20

Shield Power:
0

Health:
22/22

Ether:
20/20

Gold:
490

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance(Damage from magic based & elemental attacks and specials is halved), Bedroll, Shovel, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Banana, 2 Ether Cores, Potion (x3), Rum (x2), Tonic (x3),
Emerald
(
),
Amethyst
(
),
Ruby
(
),
Topaz
(
),
Sapphire
(
)
Borrowed from Elgar

use.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 13 Ranger

Power:
23

Shield Power:
0

Health:
18/18

Gold
: 62 (owes 50 gold to Haldor (Scorpiox) )

Inventory:
Mockthril Crossbow (WP:10
Lightning
elemental),Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll,
Emerald
,
Sapphire
Loaned to Ah-Hoh
,Venom, Spade,Fire Bomb,Pickaxe,4 Potions,Phoenix Essence

blackknightknifk002.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)
*Counter Striking*

Level 15 Black Knight

Power:
25

Shield Power:
9

Health:
33/33

Gold:
1

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 10 Longsword,
Earth
-elemental), Aegis (SP: 9 Shield), Counter Strike Gloves (
Counter Striking
- Immediately attack target in an amount equal to Power after receiving a free hit from target),Remedy, Floral Bomb, Wind Bomb,Bedroll, Shovel

7030899269_a22014df66_t.jpg

Thormanil Nihai
(played by swils) *Immunity:
Darkness
*

Level 18½ Shaman

Power:
31 (+1)

Shield Power:
3

Health:
34/34

Ether:
18/18

Gold:
17

Inventory:
Wyvern's Tailblade (WP: 12), Bright Armor (SP: 3,
Null Darkness
), Thundering Totem (WP:7,
lightning
), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Potion x2, Grand Tonic x2, Mead, Smelling Salts x3, Nostrum x2, Deadly Venom x2, Floral Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Pickaxe, Shovel

They walked for hours until the surrounding trees were no longer recognizable. As dusk approached, they had reached the Maa'ri Orc camp. The Party was immediately approached by a female orc wearing a red bandana.

scn_campsite.jpg

"Our enemies have hidden themselves well. I don't know what they call these backwoods but you're no longer in Eubric Forest. Things have become even more dire. Come. Sit by the fire. We shall leave once the sun goes down a bit."

The rogue frowned as she looked among the group. "Is this the best you could bring us? Rather weak from the looks of them. I doubt this lot has the stamina required to endure the battles ahead."The hound tilted his head to the side and stared at the orc. "Our brethren have been captured by a religious sect so we need to get into their base and find our friends. We’ve attained information that will greatly improve our chances of success. What is the rest of your party doing way back there, looking for firewood? I will explain the situation once your entire group has caught up Checked in ." The orc with the bow stoked the fire while the rogue took a seat. The hound milled about sniffing the ground. He stopped at a tree and lifted his leg. A small cloud of steam could be seen as his hot piss hit the chilled air.

QM Note: You have around 24 hours to check in and ensure your stats are correct before we move along. Thank you for your cooperation.

EDIT: Stats updated.

Edited by Jebediahs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Arasmyth RuGard, Elven aeromancer extraordinaire at your service. I can assure you that we shall have no troubles rescuing your kinsmen, we are among the finest Heroica has to offer. My staff is at your service." Arasmyth introduced himself, giving a bow to the orc.

OOC: I believe I'm Level 11.5, but other than that everything looks good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hello fellow orcs. Knifk is here to help you. Knifk has plenty of stamina, and his sword is sharp and his shield is strong."

OOC: Stats look a-ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: sorry, forgot to update my inventory with my sapphire.

Elgar saw he was questing with an evoker and a Mage "You see I have 2 gems here, useless to me for no. So Ad-hoh would you like my sapphire and Arasmyth would you like my garret for the duration of this quest?"

Elgar then turned to the orcs "We are expericend heroes, I am sure we can do the job that has been set"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Greetings, Madam Maa'ri. I am Ad-Hoh, an evoker of Heroica, at your service" he says as he approaches the group, lowering his staff and bowing down before them.

Elgar saw he was questing with an evoker and a Mage "You see I have 2 gems here, useless to me for no. So Ad-hoh would you like my sapphire and Arasmyth would you like my garret for the duration of this quest?"

"That is very kind of you, Elgar. I will be sure to return this to you once our quest reaches its end."

Ad-Hoh took the gem from the young Ranger and placed it atop his staff. The Wind spirit known to his species briefly appeared and soared above their heads, before returning to her solidified state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Nay, Ranger, the Garnet would do better in Ad-Hoh's hands. As an Aeromancer, Earth is my antithesis, it blocks my power and saps me of energy. I can only use the Lightning element with proficiency anywhere near my mastery of Wind, and although I can summon rain and clouds using an Aquamarine, that is the extent of my Water powers. So I shall not require any gemstones besides the three which I have."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elgar handed over the sapphire to Ad-Hoh and put his emerald away saying to Arasmyht

"Are you sure my friend, surely a bit of variety won't hurt. Never mind then, we Just need to wait for thormnail to arrive then"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thmb_mrogue0.jpg

The rogue offered a wide smile before looking at the orc ranger. She spoke a little louder than was necessary. “Welcome Elf. Your magic will definitely be of great use to us during this quest.” Her companion remained quiet. His stare seemed to penetrate the rogue and focus on Arasmyth. The fire flickering in his eyes only added to the creepiness of his look. She nodded to each of the other members. “A bowman, a knight, a shaman, and a slug creature that -” Her sentence was briefly interrupted by Ad-Hoh’s display. ”-summons spirits. Quite the optimistic bunch. Good. We could use that infectious positive spirit.”

thmb_mranger0.jpg

The orc archer sighed as he looked at Knifk. “Don’t tell me I have to spend the entire quest with you speaking like that. It took me two years of instruction to get our leader to stop talking in the third person. To this day he still interchanges ‘us’ for ‘we’. However, at least you’re an orc. I feel better about our odds already.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thormanil steps forward, giving Ad-hoh a pat on the back as he passes,

"Good to see you again, Ad-Hoh! And, ah, Ms. Orc, your grasp of the common tongue is much better than I would have given you credit for. Thormanil Nihai, at your service!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So it is an emerald you have, Elgar? Not a garnet? In that case I do not need to use that."

"Ah yes, good to see you too, Thormanil. I remember our first quest fondly. I am glad we get to share in an adventure once more", Ad-Hoh says as he greets the Shaman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thmb_mrogue0.jpg "Good. Some of you have worked together before. Now that I know your names I shall give you ours. I am Rogue of the Maa'ri. My companions are Ranger and Hound. We-"

thmb_mranger0.jpg

The hooded orc noticed the expressions on the party members' faces. "One moment. It seems our guests are a tad confused by our naming conventions. Our group is composed of an elite fighting force sent on the hardest of missions by our tribe. Upon induction into the Maa'ri (a near impossible task) an individual has proven to be the best in their field so they are stripped of their name and are simply referred to by their profession. This custom has been in place since before I had joined the tribe. Normally, we serve as the strong arm of our warlord, Tre'bor. But we've recently embarked on a more personal task. The rescue of our family members. He snickered briefly then gave a sinister smile. I have no family of my own but the rogue-"

thmb_mrogue0.jpg

"Enough! We had family members captured by our enemies. They proposed a ransom. We tried multiple rescue attempts. They all failed so we sought to make enough gold for the ransom by hiring ourselves out as mercenaries. In one job we were hired by that gnome inventor Szalinski and ran into fighters from your organization. Ranger here even took part in an archery contest to raise funds. How'd that turn out for you friend?" She matched his wry grin from before with one of her own.

thmb_mranger0.jpg

"That competition was rigged if you ask me. There is no way a one-eyed human with zero depth perception could have surpassed me in skill."

thmb_mrogue0.jpg

"When we still could not acquire enough money, we tried another rescue mission. Many of us were captured only to find out our kin had been moved. You received our request for help written by our leader. He was captured soon after sending that note. He bought time for me and the hound to escape during a recon mission. Fortunately we were able to bring back valuable intel." She lowered her head and paused for a moment while the hound emitted a depressing howl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arasmyth nods in understanding. "Excellent. So what do you need us to do, then?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elgar asked "Why do these people want to kidnapp your people?". Elgar felt great sympathy for the Orcs and said to the party "It is vital we are quick as possible. I know we don't know much yet but we could set up a distraction."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thmb_mrogue0.jpg

“Right. To business. Our comrades and family have been taken prisoner by a group calling themselves the Children of Akkaba. They're a religious bunch who preach about honor and justice yet they seem more interested in vengeance if you ask me. A lot of ‘em have pale skin. The paler the skin generally signifies a greater increase in power. The majority of its congregation are former followers of Ennoc who thought his teachings were too lax so they split to worship the younger god, Akkaba. His control of the Light is nowhere near the strength of Ennoc's but the taint in his heart allows him and his followers to also wield the power of darkness.”

scn_akkaba.jpg

“These 'Children of Akkaba' have established a small city called Nahrees. This is where they've taken our friends. There is only one entrance, the Main Gate that I've marked here. Everyone must pass through it and stop for inspection. However, we discovered a way in through their sewer system, here. We watched it for two weeks and it was never guarded."

scn_map.jpg

"Our people are being kept in one of the four primary locations, The Prison Area, The War Quarter, The Mage Quarter, or The Apothecarium. It doesn't matter which location we check first. We must strike tonight as most of the populace will be elsewhere outside the city attending the wedding of their leader and his new bride. You need to decide if we will enter through the Sewers or the Main Gate. If you choose the Main Gate then there'd better be a smooth talker amongst the group with a good cover story."

thmb_mranger0.jpg

"Indeed. To get through that gate you'd probably have a 1/6 chance of your story working, maybe 2/6 with a silver tongue (diplomacy).”

thmb_mrogue0.jpg

The cover of nightfall had landed. The party was soon to be on their way. “Discuss your choice and make a bold statement when you have decided which way we should enter the city. We will follow your lead. Let us know when you are ready to depart."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:Well, I believe the sewer system is the obvious choice, but I have a nasty feeling we'll face either A.) some sort of death trap B.) a giant sewer monster like a kraken or giant crocodile, or C.) both. Any suggestions? :look: "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Knifk is sorry for his inexperience in common. Knifk is working on personal pronouns, but gets "me" and "I" confused." The broad-shouldered orc pauses for a moment, seeming to struggle with his tongue, then continues. "I would like to take the main gate, my intimidating appearance and personality should let me force my way in, and me is more than capable in a fight if necessary."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:Well, I believe the sewer system is the obvious choice, but I have a nasty feeling we'll face either A.) some sort of death trap B.) a giant sewer monster like a kraken or giant crocodile, or C.) both. Any suggestions? :look: "

"That is indeed a possibility, but it seems like the better option in this case."

"Knifk is sorry for his inexperience in common. Knifk is working on personal pronouns, but gets "me" and "I" confused." The broad-shouldered orc pauses for a moment, seeming to struggle with his tongue, then continues. "I would like to take the main gate, my intimidating appearance and personality should let me force my way in, and me is more than capable in a fight if necessary."

"There is only a small chance that your diplomacy will gain us entry, and should it fail, I think that every guard in that city may be a little much for us to deal with in one go."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That is indeed a possibility, but it seems like the better option in this case."

"There is only a small chance that your diplomacy will gain us entry, and should it fail, I think that every guard in that city may be a little much for us to deal with in one go."

"Not Diplomacy, Intimidation. :wink: . There's a difference between trying to bluff or charm my way in and scaring the guards into letting I in, or roughing them up if the situation calls for it. There's also the possibility of just assassinating them and sneaking in so us are in before they notice the guards are dead."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I say the sewer, I can guess there is some sort of vermin down there though, but on the whole we would be fine."

"We would be mad to go through the main gate, the whole city guard will be after us and frankly that would be a terrible start to the mission."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Y'know, I love a good fight. I say we try the main gate."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Y'know, I love a good fight. I say we try the main gate."

"The main gate is not a good fight, it is suicide. If we want to live we need to go down to the sewers. I will go with the party leader but I strongly advise we go through the sewers."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At least at the gate, we know our odds, and what we're likely to face. There could be all sorts of vile things down in those sewers. And besides, I'm still not quite over the last experience I had, voluntarily wading through foul waters. But yes, I'll of course follow along as well."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At the gate we know our odds suggest we are probably going to get massacred.".

Edited by Jedi master Brick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Our odds suggest that we'd be facing a lot of guards, certainly. But henchmen are a dime a dozen these days. I bet we could poke the first few waves that come at us, and they'd fall right over, hah!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Our odds suggest that we'd be facing a lot of guards, certainly. But henchmen are a dime a dozen these days. I bet we could poke the first few waves that come at us, and they'd fall right over, hah!"

"I like your attitude. Me vote for main gate."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.