Wrinkledog

MOC: Lego Animals

Very nice, I've been wanting something like this for years, I even considered to paint a belville cat at one point :laugh:

Fortunatly my sister got onto it, she made these nice brick-built versions.

Ihope the cuusoo projects gets 10000 soon :thumbup:

Hi,

I love those animals. Since I want to become a wildlife photographer I would love to build a set where you could show a real safari (like botswana, allthough no tigers there or india). one could add the whole safari camp, vehicles and of course a photographer with long tele lenses hiding in the bush :-)

regards,

kenzaburo

Edited by kenzaburo

I to want your tigers! And those Lions! Man, I really haven't thought about Lego animals, but now that you're bringing up the topic I have to agree that we really do need them! Your renders all look fantastic, the only slight bit of criticism I'd have is that the legs of your elk and moose seem a tad long.

Thanks for bringimng this up, and yes let's hope this gets real. :wub:

This is excellent! Very true to the LEGO animals look. Hopefully it will get the 10,000 supporters needed! I don't think LEGO would produce a set just for animals. I think they would utilize the idea and models to add animals to various themes and sets where necessary. Similar to how they added cows, goats, and chickens to the Medieval Village set.

But it's got my support!

I want to thank everyone who has supported this project. It is appreceated :classic: Its been really interesting reading all the comments, and seeing the different opionions.

I have had the oportunity to finish up the next set of critters.

Here is my idea of a flock of Sheep:

7400765174_be716cf9fb.jpg

I made both the ram and ewe have removable wool:

7400831512_e16bcee8f0.jpg

The sheep look great. Removable wool is an absolutely fantastic idea! Great feature, keep these up. Any chance you'd do a LOTR Olliphant? :laugh:

I'm not such a fan of these types of Lego animals. They don't look very Legoish. I like brick-built animals. I think that I would like the tigers more if they were posable, and had a simpler shape to fit in better with Lego structures while making them cheaper. I think that single-piece animals of this size would be fine if they could look good in a Lego display, but I definately think that all larger animals should be brick-built.

I have the Wolf Pack finished:

7431528354_3e74939e41.jpg

I made the adults along the same lines as the Roos, with fully movable front and rear legs.

These are really neat. The mama deer could use a makeover, in my opinion. I thought it was a donkey.

I agree, I don't like how it looks. The others, especially the cheetahs, are awesome and well designed :sweet:

These are some very nice designs Wrinkledog! :thumbup:

I like the lion and sheep packs the best. You have my support on CUUSOO. I do wish TLG would release animal packs like these, similar to the old parts packs they had some years ago (Trees & flowers etc). Or even better put them in online PAB.

Seeing we already have pigs, horses, cows, chickens and goats, those sheep are very much needed next. Im also thinking a donkey would be useful. Hope we see these animals make it on CUUSOO

Those sheeps are great! Love the fact that the wool can be removed! The wolfs looks perfect as well! :thumbup:

I've supported this (number 488)! Your renders are fabulous! They look very much like Lego already. You had me at the white tigers but the wolves are something else!

More animals in lego are something we'd all like to see, more ridable mounts would have all sorts of applications and I like the idea that they could be used in mulitple themes. I can see applications through town, pirates and castle/kingdom without even a blink.

Lovely lovely pics - I salute you sir!

I want to thank everyone for the comments, I find it interesting to see what people have to say :classic:

I also want to thank you all for the continued support. Its awesome to see so many people getting behind this idea :classic:

I have just finished creating the Wild Boar family:

7507671628_ced8040b8e.jpg

I will continue to add to this topic as I get more critters done :classic:

Take care,

Great job on the boars! They're one of my top picks for new animal molds!

I am following this thread with excitement.

I like the boars a lot, also the young ones. I generally like the way you use printing for the animals' ankles very much.

Some animals are IMHO a bit more detailled than a real product would ever be. E.g. the big boars teeth have a diameter of say one quarter of a stud, this would be kind of fragile I guess.

Anyway, great job on all of these, I am looking forwart to seeing more.

Just finished up creating the next set of critters...

Please say howdy to the Donkey Family:

7578275642_0137ae6d21.jpg

I also set the Adult donkeys up so they can wear a saddle:

7578275086_89c8cc9198.jpg

The adult donkeys also have moveable heads and rear legs.

Cheers :classic:

Excellent work on the donkeys. I've always wanted a Lego donkey to go with my castle sets.