Admiral-Ackbar

How much is your SW collection worth?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi guys, Matthew here with a question I noticed has not been asked for a good while now; how much money is your SW collection worth?

Now, some people might only own £20 worth of Lego and others £2000, but we all own some amount of Lego and we're proud.

For me, I own over £1200 worth of Lego, which might seem like an insane amount to some, but it really isnt much.

How much is yours worth? And what set is your most expensive purchase? (Mine is 75021 Republic Gunship.)

If you cannot figure out how much your collection is worth, then make a chart using bricklink prices or use brick picker.

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

I don't know exactly but I would guess £600 - £700. I have the Death Star which makes a bif impact.

Funny you ask, I had just totaled, everything I have is around $11,000 CDN, according the BL and there is between $1,600-$2,000 of Star Wars, depending on who would be buying.

According to my brickset.com. I have $1,744. That's at original selling price. Could prop get close to double that if sold.

Edited by jmagaletta

While I don't have an exact amount, my Star Wars Lego collection would probably be in the $80,000-$100,000 range. :sick:

Well I have looked into what I would need to cover the cost of replacing my collection (insurance purpose) and I would be looking around the £35,000-£40,000 mark. This is not all sets I must say, as I have bought quite a lot of minifigs which have gone up in value if I needed to replace them. Have you seen the price of new Clone Wars phase one plain clones these days! :laugh: My Star Wars sets total is a little under 800 these days, another 6 months and I am sure I will be over that. :blush:

Most expensive purchace? 10179 UCS Falcon. Full RRP of £350 for the pre-order first edition set. Still unbuilt in my loft/attic. :laugh:

I know what Brickset says I've spent on LEGO Star Wars and if my wife knew, she'd make me pick between her & LEGO. I would pick her of course but couldn't imagine having to give up LEGO altogether.

Hmm... I really just got into collecting LEGO Star Wars, so my value isn't much. I bought General Grievous' Starfighter, back in 2010, which was my first Star Wars set. Recently, I bought the Elite Clones and Droids BP, so I'd say my collection is like.. $60 USD? LOL!

Oh, but you just wait.... The 2012 Summer Sets are waiting to empty my wallet. Mmhmm. :grin:

Way too much. I would be divorced if my wife really knew, but it would be between 10-15k in Star Wars.

Minifig armies blow the cost out alot.

Way too much. I would be divorced if my wife really knew

I'm with this guy lol. Umm if I would have to guess, I would say around $2,500 to $3,500. Having a UCS 10030 Star Destroyer, UCS 10179 Millennium Falcon, 2x UCS 10221 Super Star Destroyers, and 2x 10188 Death Stars makes it add up quick.

Edited by ISDIronClaw

While I don't have an exact amount, my Star Wars Lego collection would probably be in the $80,000-$100,000 range. :sick:

Jesus Christ *oh2*

Jesus Christ *oh2*

I'm am not willing to say what mine is worth but i have it insured for more than what has been posted above.

I'm am not willing to say what mine is worth but i have it insured for more than what has been posted above.

I'd rather not say too, but it would also be way too much. Luckily my wife is quite understanding.

I'm guessing all of my Lego would probably buy me a very nice car if I sold it.

According to Brickset, I have spend just under $15,000 on sets. But, that is not what my collection is worth, some sets I have are worth more now, like 10179. I have one built and one still sealed. That's $1000 on Brickset , but, we all know it's more!! Maybe 20k total.

Brickset doesn't take into account MOCs, so I would put the number around $25k. Include some of the Toy Fair Promos and limited stuff I have, maybe more like $30k.

But, like Cavegod said, I have mine insured for more!! My house goes, I could buy a new car with the insurance check, but, I wouldn't. I'd buy more Lego!

Jamie

Last time I checked bircklink around $5000 US but added more since. I'd say I would be around the $6000 mark. The Brick store program is good for checking $ of your collection and syncing the prices from bricklink.

The truth hurts. but mine is worth around GBP2,500.00 and my wife doesn't know or else...

According to Brickset, just under U.S. $15'000.00 (including a few sets not star wars related).

As I live in Switzerland, in Swiss francs I'd say about 25'000.- to 30'000.-

And I'm ready & willing to spend more :grin::blush:

And yes, I had my insurance adjusted two years ago. The agent who came by to check it out was a little :wacko: , to say the least :tongue:

Edited by gratefulnat

Well considering that I have well over 200 minifigs and have several home made sets like my own Echo Base and Turbo Tank I would say my whole lego star wars collection would be worth about 2,700$ after I buy the summer sets though, it will be worth about 3,000$. I don't think thats bad at all.

I know what Brickset says I've spent on LEGO Star Wars and if my wife knew, she'd make me pick between her & LEGO. I would pick her of course but couldn't imagine having to give up LEGO altogether.

I once made the mistake of leaving my Bricklink orders account open on my computer. My spouse went to my computer for Lord knows why and saw it. For the next several weeks I heard about what I should/could be spending that money on. Plus what was seen, cannot be unseen.

According to brickpicker.com, my collection is worth $2439.92. 56 sets at 14452 pieces. Likely doesn't include absolutely everything I have, but it's close.