Sign in to follow this  
Graynar

Last Adventurers set - Destiny's Castle

27jtplaque.jpg_thumb.jpg

Recap: Johnny Thunder, Doctor Lighting, and Harry Cane have finally made it to King Leownis's castle. But guess who's waiting for them? The long awaited General Veeronis and his men that's who. A showdown for the crown is about to begin! With a familar guardian watching in the background...

Destiny's Castle

Click the picture of the set to go to the folder. (Pic = Link) And for a change in repetition I made a nice sky-blue background for the castle. Please note the green glow on the building is from the green screen I used to photoshop the pic. Note: When viewing the pic of the whole set, click resize -otherwise it'll look disorted. ;-)

01fullset.jpg_thumb.jpg

The set has 624 pieces, possibly more (the plane was not counted) and it has 9 minifigures (originally it was supposed to have 8, but I had to put in good ol' Harry). It has 3 traps, a jeep, a plane, 2 skeletons (castle style) a ton of weapons and Fire Nation flags, and 4 stories of a castlely goodness. Some prices for you guys: 99.99 Canadian, 69.99 American.

And just for fun:

21bringit.jpg

Take a look at the first four sets if you haven't:

01thewholeset.jpg_thumb.jpg

01fullset.jpg_thumb.jpg

00fullset.jpg_thumb.jpg

01fullset.jpg_thumb.jpg

The whole JT folder

Hope you enjoyed the final set. I know it wasn't perfect, perhaps too many figs, but I really wanted to put Harry and his plane in this set. I hope you all liked it anyways.

I have to apoligize for my absence, my computer caught a virus a few weeks ago and I lost all my pics, but I finally got this online at the end.

As always, comments are appreciated. :-)

Graynar

Nice and lovely! This is a dignifying conclusion to a wonderful line of MOCs. *y*

Like before you managed an huge amount of clever traps and secrets. I like the entrance with those

lionheads and your rich jeep design. Maybe the throne could be a little more impressive.

Good work!

Thanks for the reply! Though it seems this set isn't too popular. :'-(

Maybe the throne could be a little more impressive

You're probably right, maybe an actual seat for a king to sit on would be better, instead of just the platform.

The jeep is very nice, I just don't like the odd mixture of time periods in this set... just me..

God Bless,

Nathan

The presentation is very nice indeed although the Adventurers Logo in the top right hand corner is a little worse for wear.

This reminds me of Adventurers cross between Knights Kingdom with a splash of Harry Potter thrown in for good measure. Quite an interesting creation but I don't think the black and tan work together very well in that configuration. I think there needs to be more segregation between the two, perhaps a row of tan between the black castle walls and the grey bricks would have balanced it better, but in turn that would increase the height of the MOC.

why can't i build like this

I think it has to do with you not using punctuation X-D

I think it has to do with you not using ponctuation

Hmm... ;-)

Anyway, on to the creation: I think its way too colorful. The black, light grey, dark grey and tan are just too much for my aesthetic sensibilities to take. Especially when combined with the gold accents, red flags, green vines and green car. I think if you dropped two of the structural colors it would look much better. Right now it looks like a little kid's project because of all of the colors. Not to be too critical however, I think the structure design works pretty well and its only the color scheme that doesn't do it for me.

Steve, who loves to see Adventurer MOCs...

What ? I don't see anything :-D

As for adventurers, I also think that sticking to a color palette would be good. Still the sets are amazing as they could well be sold by TLC.

Thanks for the replies!

My bad on the colours, but I didn't think they were that bad at the time. The castle has the same colours as King's gatehouse and no one complained, so I figured people didn't mind them.

Right now it looks like a little kid's project

I guess you're right.

hey grayner... i have always left a hefty response to your other MOCs in the JTitLotC sub-theme, so i should follow through here. it's just that this one doesn't do much for me. the other responses in this thread pretty much sum up my thoughts...

1) too many time periods (however, i have said this about the whole theme ;-) )

2) color scheme, i agree with phes here... i would go ahead and make the castle taller to balance out the colors better.

3) the jeep is great, probably my favorite vehicle in the theme.

overall, i love concept building, and LEGO SYSTEM-ish building styles. you have captured both successfully in your MOC line. i love the presentation, and character building you have done. though i was hoping for a little more with this last one !!!

--------------------------------------------------

My bad on the colours, but I didn't think they were that bad at the time. The castle has the same colours as King's gatehouse and no one complained, so I figured people didn't mind them.
my only suggestion to you is to build how and what you like... this last comment gives me the impression that you are building to satisfy us 8-

Oooh, quite nice. I like the jeep. However, I would go with all else and say the color scheme could be smaller.

since i'm quite new here i hadn't seen any of your mocs. I like it. I indeed think it really captures the LEGO SYSTEM-ish building style.

I love the presentation, its really nicely done. I wonder how you do it, would like to try it too sometime (guess its your secret :-) )

I also like all the traps you put in. They really spice things up and are good for making cool action scenes.

Thanks for the replies everyone! :'-)

overall great job with the theme, what can we expect next ???

I might do a few sets from other themes. I already have a pretend Exoforce plane ready to have pictures taken of it, and I will try to post that soon. I was also hoping to do a few pirates sets in the future, because it could be a fun topic to explore. ;-)

However, I would go with all else and say the color scheme could be smaller

Advice I will have to remember.

I wonder how you do it, would like to try it too sometime (guess its your secret )

I use a software called the GIMP. I really should be using photoshop, but I don't have it. Sadly, I still rely on MS paint for a lot of the pohotoshoping. :-P