Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: Motorized English Frigate

[pid][/pid] 134D

Click here to see the moving parts!

7320137104_67bd36719b.jpg

In my first post in the pirate forum i'd like to present a ship with some neat features which make it a bit different from other Lego ships. I named the ship Neptune's Pride since the figurehead was quite fitting. Unfortunately theres no interior below deck because of the cannon and rudder mechanism but there are still lots of details to explore!

7320082934_e49c744e44.jpg

7320081680_b3001e2a59.jpg

7320082372_23b947a5aa.jpg

7320084196_2468b1bb14.jpg

I hope you liked my first 17th century ship and enjoyed the moving parts (some more photos can be seen in my flickr set), and as always comments and suggestions for improvenment welcome!

It is such an amazing frigate. I can't believe I'm the first one to comment on it. The flag seems like a unigue design, the front decoration is a great use of the new Collectible Minifigure, and I even like the color. Keep up your work!

Great Ship, I wish I was this good at MOC's. I have to pass off my Redcoat ships as Merchant one's, due to the small size :pir_bawling: . Great use of CMF as figure head, now when I go to the LEGO shop this weekend I'm going to be desperately buying CMF'S and looking through the minifig bin's to find something like this :pir-tongue: .

I just checked out the video you had uploaded on Flickr And I have to say it is really impressive! And the actuall ship looks gorgeus aswell! pirate_wubnew.gif

Very nice, I have been experimenting with power functions on my ships as well, I never completed a ship with moving cannons though.

Out of interest, what mechanism did you use to move the cannons ?

I used this.

And is it remote controlled ?