Sign in to follow this  
turambar

Explorer

Good Ship, I like the SNOT used on the deck and the color scheme of tan and brown makes it look very realistic . It must have cost a lot to get all those Gibbs figs.

If this is your first time, it's amazing. Great job on the rigging and cleaness of it. It looks like a professional did this one. :jollyroger:

I think it looks great. I have three suggestions. The first may not even be legitimate. Shouldn't all the stowed sails have rope wrapped around them similarly to the boom sail?

Secondly, this thread discussed brick-built launches. I think your ship would look even better with one instead of the pre-fab grey one you currently have.

Thirdly, all that brown starts blending together, some dark-brown planks on the deck would give it some variety.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Very nice ship. Realistic colourscheme and rigging whilst still keeping it purist.

The dark tan is a nice touch as well.

I do have two small suggestions for improvement though.

The bow of the lifeboat was usually pointed into the same direction as the ship's bow.

And the spanker sail was usually attached to the top yard, not the bottom one.

But it will be blogged nevertheless :pir-classic: [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thank you guys for constructive criticism. I will try to follow your guidelines in future projects.

Very nice, This reminds me, I still haven't posted my brig, it looks pretty (very) similar to yours.

Nice crew as well, I don't really have any suggestions other than those already mentioned, great job :pir-classic:

Looks pretty nice. I agree about what others have said regarding the boat and spanker sail. The blog is deserved and something to be proud of. I'm looking foward to your next creation!

Thanks for your post : you made an awsome M.O.C. The mix of colour is of a good taste, I really like it.

Actually I am inspired by your work (especially the building technic of the cabin : you made such a great job) for my own M.O.C. (I'm working on the Black Pearl).