purpleparadox

Drow Dragon Summoning

Drow Dragon Summoning

IMG_4128.jpg?t=1338850116

Continued from: Meet at the Cottage, Beginning the Journey

The events leading up to the dragon...

IMG_4062.jpg?t=1338862470

We rode our steeds swiftly and silently through the Rakath Mountains. We would've been quieter than a hobbit's footstep, had it not been for that dreadful cart. It was louder than a Warg with a rusty knife in it's backside!

IMG_4059.jpg?t=1338860823

"I say we abandon some of the load, or I fear the Drow'll hear and attack us!" warned Nathan.

"The Nocturnians who stand up to the Drow need all the help we can give." I replied. "We abandon nothing."

Still, Nathan stayed wary of every little sound in the rocks. I'll admit, my mind was on Reina. I could practically hear her breathing. Wait...I could hear her breathing!

"Reina...I told you not to come! Hide from me no longer; though I'm mad, I'll do you no harm."

IMG_4065.jpg?t=1338862361

She'd buried herself under all the armour! As she dragged herself out, Nathan surveyed the area. "We're making too much noise."

"Would you forget the noise?" I was annoyed. I had Reina mount my horse behind me, and we rode onward for two more days.

IMG_4070.jpg?t=1338862215

We took a brief break and set up camp. I used the time to talk to Reina.

"Just like all the old times," she joked. "You know, adventuring! Except now we have a real purpose."

"As I recall, I had a real purpose. You snuck along, like a hitchiker." I teased. "And those adventures as children...I doubt anything will be better than that."

"Nothing? Nothing could be better?" She asked.

"Well, those evenings beside the fire. At the cottage. Me with my guitar, you with your paints, and all of Kaliphlin unaware of our own little world. That's what I want again, after this war."

I walked away. It was cold in the mountains. I drew my cloak about me closer, and closed my eyes.

I woke to the sound of Reina screaming. I swore, should anyone hurt her, I'd kill them. Man or beast, they'd feel the sting of my blade. Rats and the like scrambled out of my way as I hurtled toward the noise of scuffles.

IMG_4071.jpg?t=1338862107

It was the drow. Dressed in all black, they must've been scouts sent to investigate our noise!

IMG_4073.jpg?t=1338862028

They didn't speak a word. I began to fight them off.

IMG_4081.jpg?t=1338861866

I really was more of the type to sing songs about these battles, not fight them! But for Reina, I'd do anything.

IMG_4092.jpg?t=1338861788

I plunged my blade into a Drow's chest. Night fell, and it became hard to distinguish Nathan or Reina from the Drow. Suddenly, Nathan crumpled as a Drow struck him across the head. Now I could barely see at all!

IMG_4093.jpg?t=1338861702

IMG_4096.jpg?t=1338861504

I caught a glimpse of Reina disappearing with a Drow kidnapper. The whinny of a horse was obvious, and I heard it gallop off. Reina's screams faded into the night.

IMG_4100.jpg?t=1338861085

I dropped to my knees in defeat. I couldn't even see my hands in front of my face! How dark did it get here? And now it was raining. Or...no, not rain. Tears were streaking down my face.

Many hours later, Nathan was finally roused. We quickly made a plan; He'd go on and deliver the supplies, while I'd go after the kidnappers.

IMG_4104.jpg?t=1338861043

It was midnight as we bid farewell. I could only see the faintest silhouette as I said, "May all the speed of Historica go with you."

IMG_4108.jpg?t=1338861026

IMG_4114.jpg?t=1338850211

Many hours later, Nathan pulled up to the border of the Rakath Mountains and Nocturnus. He was greeted by a single Avalonian, obviously part-elf.

IMG_4119.jpg?t=1338850169

"Greetings, and the best of tidings from Kaliphlin!" said Nathan. "I am Nathan Francis, brother of Nariek Francis, and he has sent me to deliver these supplies to aid you in the war."

"Well," said the Avalonian, "actually Avalonia has been called back from the war. Deliver those to the loyal Nocturnians instead."

"That was planned as well," replied Nathan, "but why do you return to Avalonia? The Drow are still a threat."

"You haven't heard then? There's a much worse threat than them. Remember Victor, the old historian? Well he-"

Suddenly the Avalonian was interrupted. There was a dark mist and neither could see. But suddenly it cleared, and there was a gigantic dragon! Ridden by a Drow Witch, it was incredibly menacing.

IMG_4128.jpg?t=1338850116

With a single stomp, the dragon sent all of the supplies flying.

"A worse threat than this?" Nathan cried.

IMG_4131.jpg?t=1338849997

"There's nothing worse than us." said the Drow witch.

"Go to hell where you came from!" shouted Nathan. It seemed like the Francis brothers were fond of saying that.

IMG_4134.jpg?t=1338849835

The two warriors began attacking in vain, arrows and sword not even piercing the dragon's scales.

IMG_4136.jpg?t=1338849787

Suddenly a claw flashed came out of nowhere, pinning the Avalonian to the ground.

"So this ends our short time fighting as allies." He said. "Well, you Kaliphlins aren't all as bad as you seem."

"Wait! Maybe I can help you out!" Nathan cried.

The Avalonian closed his eyes as the dragon pushed, and Nathan heard a sickly crunch of ribs snapping.

IMG_4147.jpg?t=1338849694

Nathan mounted his horse, knowing he could do no good if he too died. He rode off to warn Nocturnus that the Drow had at least one witch and dragon. And what had the Avalonian said about a greater threat?

To be continued...

Edited by purpleparadox

Nice dragon/beastie :thumbup: looking forward to seeing your character going after the kidnappers.

Your landscaping looks very Nocturnus :classic:

Nice dragon/beastie :thumbup: looking forward to seeing your character going after the kidnappers.

Your landscaping looks very Nocturnus :classic:

Thanks!

I realized I forgot to name the mountain range between the Siccus Badlands and Nocturnus...my computer won't load the images of the map, but is it the Rakath Mountains? That's what I'll put until someone can let me know for sure.

Thanks!

I realized I forgot to name the mountain range between the Siccus Badlands and Nocturnus...my computer won't load the images of the map, but is it the Rakath Mountains? That's what I'll put until someone can let me know for sure.

Indeed the notorious Rakath Mountains :classic:

Considering you are somewhere at the border of Nocturnus and Kaliphlin, you must be close to Everlast :classic: you are always welcome here. But as you maybe know, the I.A.M.S. support the Drow :classic:

But because you are a Kaliphlin member, as long as we host you, no one will harm you :classic: (perhaps maybe we will try to convince you :devil:)

We can also arrange a meeting at Everlast with Donke (an important Drow) where you can discuss the release of your girlfriend...

Sincerly,

Sir Freh Poa,

Leader of the I.A.M.S. in absence of Lord Max Samu (who is on a mission)

Indeed the notorious Rakath Mountains :classic:

Considering you are somewhere at the border of Nocturnus and Kaliphlin, you must be close to Everlast :classic: you are always welcome here. But as you maybe know, the I.A.M.S. support the Drow :classic:

But because you are a Kaliphlin member, as long as we host you, no one will harm you :classic: (perhaps maybe we will try to convince you :devil:)

We can also arrange a meeting at Everlast with Donke (an important Drow) where you can discuss the release of your girlfriend...

Sincerly,

Sir Freh Poa,

Leader of the I.A.M.S. in absence of Lord Max Samu (who is on a mission)

A very good idea...I'm sure Nariek will make his way to Everlast soon.

That's a scary-looking beastie. I hope it's coldblooded so that it wouldn't be able to survive a trip up into Mitgardia! I'm interested to see what happens next.

That's a scary-looking beastie. I hope it's coldblooded so that it wouldn't be able to survive a trip up into Mitgardia! I'm interested to see what happens next.

Thank you! Let's hope the Drow keep their beasts in Nocturnus. But if they make an alliance with Victor I wouldn't be so sure...

Edited by purpleparadox