LegoBobby

Snow Plough and Salt Spreading Truck

indexed.gif V-LC-11D

Ok guys,

Had another play with LDD and this time making a UK road gritting/salt spreading truck. Hopefully I can try and get this one BRICK BUILT as well. Hope you all like it. :classic:

LDDScreenShot1-1.png

Ready for action on a cold winter evening/morning.

LDDScreenShot2-1.png

It's quite a large truck with double rear axle to take all that weight.

LDDScreenShot3-1.png

From behind you can see the ladder to climb up to check the load and also the air filter and exhaust assemblies.

LDDScreenShot4-1.png

LDDScreenShot5-1.png

Finally, here is a shot of how the truck is loaded with salt. I might try and get a loader into the design as well.

Hope you all like, thanks for looking and as usual look forward to receiving feedback :thumbup:

That is really good, hope to see a brick built on in the near future.

Wow, that looks really great! Could have been an official LEGO set if you´d ask me. Simple yet so much details! Perhaps it could use a little more colors? Some black striping perhaps?

Thanks for the comments, i'm currently making a list of parts on BrickLink so hopefully it will become a built design.

Bramn - You've just confirmed what I was thinking, it could do with a bit more colour on the cab area to break it up, i'll have a play. :thumbup:

Great MOC! Having gone to college in Vermont for two and a half years, I quickly realized that one of the main things the LEGO City theme still lacks is any sort of snow-or-ice-clearing vehicles. In fact, the only such vehicles I remember LEGO ever making were a plow-like treaded vehicle from the Arctic theme and the Technic Snow Groomer from a few years back. Hopefully LEGO will rectify this in the future!

Great looking snowplough/gritter lorry LegoBobby. The gritters round our way have dark blue cabs. May make one to see how the colour scheme would look in lego, as this type of vehicle is needed in my lego town.