Multiverse

LEGO set designers

I believe we're many FOLs who considers MOCing, when done properly, kind of an art. And many of us might even take that as far (I know I would) as considering some of the official set designers artists. Now, I know that that brilliant man named Jamie Berard has done most of the Modulars, the Winter Village Bakery and Post Office, the Fangpyre Mech and a number of Creator sets; but I'm curious about what else he and the other designers might have done. So can anyone here perhaps redirect me to an index of which designers created what sets? It would be much appreciated. =)

Edited by Fugazi
more descriptive title

There's some Bricklists on Brickset made by the designers of what sets they designed in a year. Try searching Bricklists with the designer's name.

There's some Bricklists on Brickset made by the designers of what sets they designed in a year. Try searching Bricklists with the designer's name.

Oh, thank you. =)

One thing that I've read somewhere on the Brickset forums is that LEGO is reluctant to release the designer info for sets because most of the design is a collaborative effort.

I remember Nabii posting something about an Alien Conquest set that he had designed saying that it was the closest thing to an MOC that he had been able to get created. However, even he felt that there was one change that could be made to it to make it better, which leads me to think that somewhere in the design process that someone felt the change made it more marketable.

I agree with you that it would be great to learn who the designers were on a set, because some are absolutely brilliant. I had been following Pierre Normandin's MOCs for quite some time, and was excited to see some of the Great Vehicles sets were designed by him. The dump truck looks just like one of his MOCs, so even without the sticker with his initials I would have suspected it was his, but it's nice to get the confirmation.