Brickdoctor

[LDD MOC] Delta-7 Aethersprite Interceptor

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Delta-7.jpg

The Delta-7 is an interesting starfighter. It's a mixture of curves and angles, easier to shape than the N-1 (though not as easy as any of the TIEs I've done), but it's quite compact. The angles of the SNOT wings were a lot more difficult than I thought they would be to line up in LDD. As with the N-1, I decided to go with the opaque, solid cockpit instead of transparent and suitable for a minifig. It just gave me a lot more options when it came to lining everything up in LDD. I love the way the ducts on the back portions of the wings turned out.

Delta-7_2.jpg

Looking at some source material, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the trailing edges of the wings are actually quite thick. That made it a lot easier to work in the engines. (though the bottom of the model is still pretty messy)

Delta-7_3.jpg

I didn't get in as much lime green as I would have liked to, and I'm not satisfied with the gaps in the wings and nose, but, overall, I'm satisfied with the model. Certainly more satisfied than I was with the N-1.

LXF File:

Delta-7.lxf

This looks pretty cool Doc! I like how you’ve accomplished the grid pattern in the wings by stacking the bricks. It’s too bad about the gaps at the tip though. How sturdy would it be if you made it in real bricks?

To be honest it looks better without any lime green :grin:. I wouldn't have thought that a SNOT technique for something like this would look so good :blush:.

How sturdy would it be if you made it in real bricks?

It would hold together if I owned an anti-grav generator. Otherwise it probably wouldn't fair too well.

Awesome work, as usual, Doc! I love the overall shape and how you emmulated detail by the placement of bricks/plates in the dark red areas. To fix that gap in the nose, replace that 1x2 tile with a tile with one stud and this part: My link :sweet:

Edited by M<0><0<DSWIM

Awesome work, as usual, Doc! I love the overall shape and how you emmulated detail by the placement of bricks/plates in the dark red areas. To fix that gap in the nose, replace that 1x2 tile with a tile with one stud and this part: My link :sweet:

I'm afraid I don't see how that works. :blush:

That plate is 2x4, and the nose is around 3-wide at most at that area.

I'm afraid I don't see how that works. :blush:

That plate is 2x4, and the nose is around 3-wide at most at that area.

And you would create unnecessary space.

But this is awesome Doc! Very slick.