Xyston

My lego ship...

thindexedgif.gif 10d

xyston_ship.jpg

I decided to take out my old pirate lego and relive the good old days. The result was this pirate ship. I'm pretty satisfied with it, especially since it needed almost all my pirate lego. But I can't think of a good name for it...

It has ten mini figures, a monkey and a shark, seven cannons, a treasure chest, a life boat and lots of guns. The total number of peices are somewhere in the area of 1500 (I haven't counted them). What I've done is basically combining aspects from legos big ships, and added some of my own ideas. The rudder is connected to the stearing wheel just like on the Black Schooner (is that the name?).

Anyway, please tell me what you think of it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xyston/w...er/imag0792.jpg

It's a big, colourful ship! There are some nice details on the ship, but I'm not so fond of the colour scheme... And the ship you mean is called, the Skull's Eye Schooner in the USA, or Black Skull in the UK and Australia

I decided to take out my old pirate lego and relive the good old days.

Happy to hear that. You have come to the right place for discussing pirate lego!

Your ship is colorful indeed and it has a nice pirate touch.

What is that little building on the deck?

The pictures are a bit big to post them in the thread.

Maybe you can you this tutorial of Mr. Phes to resize them.

It seems to have Spanish/Tribal theme to it.

Maybe Kahuka's Revenge. That's just a quick thought.

I've got it now, here's the story: There were these pirates that stole a Spanish ship. And as they were sailing away in their cool new ship they crashed into a shallow reaf and had to be stuck for a very long time with some islanders and used the islanders help to fix their ship (or the pirates took over the islander settlement and took what they wanted and made the islanders fix it). After the repairs were made the repaired vessel sails away with hope to get more treasure and live happily ever after.

This is a very nice and big ship. The color scheme looks good, though I do agree the green should be replaced with the red. But anyway, there is quite alot of detail in there that I really like, like the back parts of the stern. THe buidling in the middle, I think, is a passage to the interior. The interior is very nice as well *y* .

Welcome to the forums Mr. Xyston, and what a nice ship you have there!

I agree the color scheme could be little less variegated but I love the amount of detail (I love detail), It's good to see such a well thought out "greebling" technique, 1x1 cylinders and cones, those small fence peices, and the spears are a nice unique idea. I also like the foward keep, a nice original addition too.

I agree with Phred, all the bright colors give a kind of Indigo Islander look to it. Although I don't like the blue lanterns, because I don't like blue lanterns on any ship, I don't mind green, red, or yellow but blue seems weird to me.

As for a name check out these sites, link, link, and link.

Keep up the good work! *y*

I always liked the name "Cacafuega" (I think it means fire gusher).

Maybe it's a tad to Spanish though?

I decided to take out my old pirate lego and relive the good old days. The result was this pirate ship. I'm pretty satisfied with it, especially since it needed almost all my pirate lego. But I can't think of a good name for it...

It has ten mini figures, a monkey and a shark, seven cannons, a treasure chest, a life boat and lots of guns. The total number of peices are somewhere in the area of 1500 (I haven't counted them). What I've done is basically combining aspects from legos big ships, and added some of my own ideas. The rudder is connected to the stearing wheel just like on the Black Schooner (is that the name?).

Anyway, please tell me what you think of it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xyston/w...er/imag0792.jpg

Well... it's OK,but it needs some more edge.You gotta think of a name that is scary. Just do whatever you want it's your pirate ship.

:pirate4:

Welcome aboard Mr Xyston!

You've created quite a colourful ship and I think it actually works which is quite a feat when alternating between so many bright colours.

The top of this thread definitely needs a picture of the ship...

Why the "New Yorker" though?

It recklessly travels way too fast. :-D

That's actually a reasonable theory Mr Oo7. However, it does pose a slight anachronism as back in the 17th century New York was no more than a few Dutch trading posts along the Hudson river, so therefore its current "fast paced" image did not exist yet.

Mister Phes, I knew the reason was illogical but it was a joke set by todays standards because it was made very recently so it doesn't matter.

You don't have to analyze and murake all jokes, you know. ;-)

If it was some Italian ship, the "New Yorker" could be good. X-D

EXO-CHAMP, where'd you get that name from?

What you wrote means something else (not really offensive, but I wouldn't want to say). And if I'm thinking the same thing that you possibly heard/read originally, that could be offensive.

I like the green, there should be more green on ships, especially along the bottom along the water line showing abit of marine growth on it, gives the boat a used and lived in look.

You could alway use a name generator like this for a name

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php...pirateshipnamer

(sorry the first thing I thougt of for a name as the 'yellow submarine')