Sign in to follow this  
ImperialJohn

More houses for my town

I really like these. I like the tan better than the red. I'm not real fond of the red color scheme, but the architecture is great. Nice work.

Steve

Thanks.

I've never ever used as many 1x1brick with headlight as in the Tan house :oo

The whole bottom floor is made of these. Great to work with :)

P.S. What is wrong with the red color scheme?

P.P.S. I'm planning to make some micro models to go in the LEGO shop. Any ideas?

I'm planning to make some micro models to go in the LEGO shop. Any ideas?

Hm...

- plates + tiles as Lego boxes (Maybe with stickers?)

- A Jango Fett Minifig on a pedestal as a life-size brick sculpture.... ;)

- Same with Bionicle Minifigs if we really will get some...

Thats all I currently can think of....

Oh, and by the way: Nice houses! Like Athos I like the tan house more, it just looks more classic while the red one is looking a bit colorful... But as a Lego store I think it is okay.... ;)

Nice work John. I like both of your buildings. The red building will make a great Lego store. :D

P.S. What is wrong with the red color scheme?

Nothing is wrong with it per se. I think maybe it is that there are too many primary colors (black, red and yellow), it makes the division between colors seem sharp. Also I think there might be too many colors in general. Four (five if you count the smokey windows), are more than I usually work with. Though there are six in your tan building, so I really don't know...

I really like the architecture on it, specifically the upper windows that are on their sides. And, the color scheme is actually kind of growing on me, now that I look at it again.

Steve

That's a great little shopping counter. Something else I'm going to have to steal.

Steve

As Apo said, it is a nice little creation to put with your shop. I can't wait to see it finished!

Great work! :) You deserve your new title.

Jon.

It looks great John. I wish Lego would make sets like this to help get kids back into building city sets. Maybe we would finally get some new buildings like a post office or a cool shopping center. ;)

Great job on the sofas John. I agree, the red and black one is great but I also like the small sand green one. I would love to see how you incorporate these into your houses.

Jon.

When will you stop chucking all these creations at us! :P

Another very nice job here John. Great interior work, I like the tiled floor.. it looks very much like a supermarket. The shelves look great (even if there isn't a lot to buy! ;)) And the trollies are also great! The check out till fits in well too.

Overall a good creation, so will you expand this and build the rest of the exterior?

Jon.

I love the supermarket, it really does look amazing. The Sofa/Bed is very clever as well.