slovakiasteph

Modular Madness: Walled City Garden

indexed.gif B-OM-21A

I was building Market Street and decided to scrap the market part of that (since I already have Green Grocer) and turn it into a garden instead. I haven't really done anything with gardens yet (other than small ones with my houses), so thought this would be a fun category.

lego_002.jpg

The garden has caught the eye of a little girl wandering past, and she is intrigued by what lies beyond the gates.

lego_020.jpg

We have a small pine tree, bird bath, two beds of flowers (one raised), a weeping willow tree, and a few ground flowers beneath that.

lego_022.jpg

The other side of the garden holds table and chairs for relaxing, some ivy growing on the wall, a larger pine, and the owners' access door.

lego_013.jpg

The back alley isn't as well-kept; the pavement is breaking up, and a tree root is starting to poke through the wall. There's a receptacle for garden clippings as well.

lego_015.jpg

Link to brickshelf folder with more views... My link

Edited by slovakiasteph

Very nice. I like the walls, and the ground tiling is good. I think you should turn the green door and black frame around, or else the knob would hit the building next to it :wink:

Very cool little garden. Nice layout of it all too, the floor is laid out in a good pattern. I like how the rear is just a rundown alleyway, nice touch. :thumbup: The perimeter is a bit closed off though. Aside from the iron gate in front, there's no real way to see inside, I suppose Mr.(or Missus) Green thumb is rather private. I like how you topped of the top of the wall, goes with the ornateness( :wacko:) of the gate.

Quite nice looking garden 'slovakiasteph', a Victorian-period idea and it looks Victorian-period too.....cool garden/patio setting ! :thumbup:

Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

The way you arranged the flowers work well, and the table with chairs is a nice touch :thumbup:

Good texturing on the wall too :classic:

It's a very good idea and a nice build - and my favourite detail is that tree root breaking through the back wall. That's realism!

Thanks, everyone! I had a lot of fun with this build!

Very nice. I like the walls, and the ground tiling is good. I think you should turn the green door and black frame around, or else the knob would hit the building next to it :wink:

:) I played around with that door so much... first used the round-top "castle" doors, then a brick built, but they were too large. This one barely fits, but I might turn it around anyway.

Very cool little garden. Nice layout of it all too, the floor is laid out in a good pattern. I like how the rear is just a rundown alleyway, nice touch. :thumbup: The perimeter is a bit closed off though. Aside from the iron gate in front, there's no real way to see inside, I suppose Mr.(or Missus) Green thumb is rather private. I like how you topped of the top of the wall, goes with the ornateness( :wacko:) of the gate.

By the perimeter being closed off, I assume you mean the walls? This is a private garden (I thought it was too open because of the big gate!), but the walls on the side don't matter because it's surrounded by modulars on either side.

Ornateness is a good word. :wink:

nice little garden! Plenty of features in a small space... :thumbup:

By the way, where is that green door leading to? This is the Secret Garden (a book I read when I was still small many many years ago)? :laugh:

oh...and come on...be nice, let the girl enter the garden. :laugh:

Edit: read above that the door leads to owners' home.

Edited by streifen

By the way, where is that green door leading to? This is the Secret Garden (a book I read when I was still small many many years ago)? :laugh:

This MOC is FAR less exciting than "My Secret Garden" was for me as a boy. :grin:

I went to art school in Savannah, GA, and this really captures the feel of those private gardens in the historic district.

Edited by gotoAndLego

nice little garden! Plenty of features in a small space... :thumbup:

oh...and come on...be nice, let the girl enter the garden. :laugh:

Edit: read above that the door leads to owners' home.

I loved The Secret Garden when I was young. Yes, I did have that in mind when I created this... seems every garden I saw that I really wanted to get into wasn't accessible to me!

That's a great garden. It actually looks sort of secret and definitely private, which is a plus for the owner. As it has everything one needs, it's just sweet and perfect. :classic: Good luck in the contest!