Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

...out of curiosity, would Sealing do anything special to said character?

Well, since Sealing only blocks ether-based actions, what do you think? :hmpf:

Well, since Sealing only blocks ether-based actions, what do you think? :hmpf:

:blush: Sorry, I meant within game logic, should have made that clearer. Obviously it wouldn't affect it in mechanics. :blush:

I.E. would the Sealing still seal their mouth shut, in that case?

:blush: Sorry, I meant within game logic, should have made that clearer. Obviously it wouldn't affect it in mechanics. :blush:

I.E. would the Sealing still seal their mouth shut, in that case?

Sealing prevents a player from accessing their spells not sealing their mouth shut. The fused mouth effect was written for a side effect of the Microfigunator 7268 device at a time when clerics were completely immune to negative spell effects.

Sealing prevents a player from accessing their spells not sealing their mouth shut. The fused mouth effect was written for a side effect of the Microfigunator 7268 device at a time when clerics were completely immune to negative spell effects.

...oh. :blush: That makes sense, then. :laugh:

:roflmao:

Why does the second guy look like Eric so much? :look:

eric_2.jpg

Eric, Level 16½ Raider

Power: 26 Health: 31/31

Yep.

Chaos Defenders

* Additional Health: +6

* Job Trait(s): See Below

* Battle Style: Chaos Defenders are deeply troubled by the force they are sworn to fight, and so switch between Chaos and Order.

*Weapons: All weapons appropriate for Rouges, Knights, and Barbarians, including shields.

ORDERED: Job Trait – Order: Deals Light Elemental Damage. Diplomacy: Defenders often times must work with others to stop chaos. Opportunist: Chaos Defenders may equip 3 artifacts instead of just 2.

1. SHIELD: Internal Conflict – The Chaos Defender goes through inner conflict, changing their battle style. They become Chaotic. While making the change, the Chaos Defender halves their opponent’s current health.

2. RALLY: The Defender attacks the enemy with a power equal to their weapon power added to their level. The Defender also cries out, encouraging their party for the next round.

3. HIT: The Chaos Defender attacks the target with strength equal to their weapon power added to their level.

4. OPTIMISM: The Chaos Defender restores health to the entire party equal to their level.

5. DEFENDED DAMAGE: The Defender takes damage equal to the enemy’s level minus the Defender’s SP.

6. GOD’S BLESSING: The Chaos Defender is struck by its opponent’s special skill. The Defender prays to their God and is given the Lucky Effect.

CHAOTIC: Job Trait – Order: Deals Darkness Elemental Damage. Intimidation: Chaos Defenders can scare others into helping them to prevent chaos. Manipulator: Chaos Defenders may equip 3 artifacts instead of just 2.

1. SHIELD: Internal Conflict – The Chaos Defender goes through inner conflict, changing their battle style. They become Orderly. While making the change, the Chaos Defender brings the opponent to half of their current health.

2. CHAOTIC STRIKE: The Chaos Defender feints and slips past the target to hit a random enemy with strength equal to (WPx3+Level). The originally targeted opponent is distracted by the diversion and does not gain a Free Hit.

3. CRITICAL HIT: The Chaos Defender attacks the target with strength equal to (WPx2+Level).

4. PESSIMISM: The Chaos Defender is hit with the enemy's attack, but then steals gold equal to the enemy's level.

5. DEFENDED DAMAGE: The Defender takes damage equal to the enemy’s level minus the Defender’s SP.

6. ZOOT’S CURSE: The Chaos Defender is struck by its opponent’s special skill. The enemy is given the Jinxed Effect.

Final trait is good, I think, but I don't know if Sandy will okay it.

Also, I've come up with my requirements. To be a Chaos Defender, a player must have completed 2 of the following Quests successfully: 7, 19, 29, 30, 31, 38, Final Wren Quest. So far, that means that Jess, Cronk, Thothwick and Skrall have the option of the class (assuming that 29, 30, and 31 are passed respectively). Let's see who else gets to join those ranks!

And just when I thought I had my class chosen... :laugh: Looks really cool, Zepher. Chaotic Strike, though, seems kind of complicated/unhelpful to me, though.

And without Ether, Optimism's a bit out of place. If they're fighting Chaos, why are they called Chaos Defenders? :tongue:

Edited by CallMePie

I have revised my Expert Job Class:

Anubin Hunter

*Pic Coming*

Additional Health: +12

Additional Ether: +3 (+1 for each Level in non-Ether users)

Weapons: Longswords, Kopeshs, and Ranged polearms - as long as they have been imbued with the Darkness element. Also, Anubin Hunters can use Scarab Shields - but no other kind of Shield.

Job Traits: Anubin Hunters use their Anub-given powers of the Darkness Element to hunt down and destroy Anub's enemies.

Dark Spirit: Anubin Hunters may cast spells, but only of the Darkness element, and only in battle; in addition, they may not wield any weapon that is not Darkness-imbued (dual-imbued weapons are allowed, as long as one of the elements is Darkness). Anubin Hunters are immune to Darkness damage but take double damage from Light. Anubin Hunters can use Holy Bombs, but they inflict 5 Damage to themselves by doing so.

Threaten (see Black Knight)

Track Down (see Ranger)

Battle Style:

1. SHIELD: One of 3 Shield effects is chosen at random, via a dice roll.

2. CRITICAL HIT/SPELL: The Anubin Hunter Attacks its target with the strength of its WP x2 (x4 for spells) / cost 1 Ether for spells.

3. HIT/SPELL: The Anubin Hunter attacks the target with the strength of its WP + its Level (Level x2 for spells) / cost 1 Ether for spells.

4. DECOY - The Anubin Hunter hides behind an ally next to them in the party Battle Order. Next Round, any damage or effect (positive or negative) that is dealt to the Anubin Hunter affects the ally instead.

5. DAMAGE/DEFLECTION: The Anubin Hunter has a 50/50 chance of A. Deflecting its target's Damage to another (randomly-chosen) participant in the Battle (can be friend or foe), or B. Being struck by its opponent's damage.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The Anubin Hunter is struck by its opponent's special skill.

SHIELD ACTIONS:

1 -2: Anub's Fury - Infuriated that any would go against his will, Anub allows the Anubin Hunter to instantly kill its target, and unleash a blast of Darkness-Elemental energy equal to its WP x2 on all enemies / costs no Ether.

3 - 4: Anub's Curse - As a punishment for disobedience, Anub Curses all enemies, and additionally, the Anubin Hunter.

5 - 6: Anub's Reward - In return for doing his bidding, Anub drains Health equally from all enemies such that every Hero is healed by 10 HP, in addition to removing all negative effects from the Anubin Hunter / costs no Ether.

Eligibility for Anubin Hunter:

Great reputation with the Cult of Anub.

What do you think?

Edited by LEGOman273

Very....weird, and specific. :wacko:

Would you please elaborate?

I combined some of my original ideas with a faction that I plan to use in an upcoming Quest.

Would you please elaborate?

I combined some of my original ideas with a faction that I plan to use in an upcoming Quest.

Um, the Khopesh and Scarab Shield thing's a bit silly. Docken had the only one of the shield, and completely changed its shape when he got it upgraded. The Dark Spirit job trait is just...complicated, adding hero types would get kind of cumbersome, and only being able to use darkness spells and weapons would just be ruinous against undead or demons, not to mention it's a bit pointless to imbue a weapon with an Amethyst if you had one to cast spells with. The rarity of the gem would totally throw off the class. The combination of Decoy and Deflect makes them a very irritating class for any parties to deal with, and having 3 different shields is a little over-the-top, in my mind, even though (save for the first one) they'd be pretty interesting to have.

Just my thoughts.

Um, the Khopesh and Scarab Shield thing's a bit silly. Docken had the only one of the shield, and completely changed its shape when he got it upgraded. The Dark Spirit job trait is just...complicated, adding hero types would get kind of cumbersome, and only being able to use darkness spells and weapons would just be ruinous against undead or demons, not to mention it's a bit pointless to imbue a weapon with an Amethyst if you had one to cast spells with. The rarity of the gem would totally throw off the class. The combination of Decoy and Deflect makes them a very irritating class for any parties to deal with, and having 3 different shields is a little over-the-top, in my mind, even though (save for the first one) they'd be pretty interesting to have.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. :thumbup:

Anubin Hunter

*Pic Coming*

Additional Health: +12

Additional Ether: 0 (Anubin Hunters cannot use Ether)

Weapons: Longswords, Bows, and Polearms - as long as they have been imbued with the Darkness element. Also, Anubin Hunters can use Shields.

Job Traits: In accordance with Anub's Order, Anubin Hunters use the powers of the Darkness Element to hunt down and destroy Anub's enemies.

Dark Spirit: Anubin Hunters may not wield any weapon that is not Darkness-imbued (dual-imbued weapons are allowed, as long as one of the elements is Darkness). Anubin Hunters are immune to Darkness damage but take double damage from Light. Anubin Hunters can use Holy Bombs, but they inflict 5 Damage to themselves by doing so.

Threaten (see Black Knight)

Track Down (see Ranger)

Battle Style:

1. SHIELD: One of 2 Shield effects is chosen at random, via a dice roll.

2. CRITICAL HIT: The Anubin Hunter Attacks its target with the strength of its WP x2 + its Level.

3. HIT: The Anubin Hunter attacks the target with the strength of its WP + its Level.

4. AIM: The Anubin Hunter attacks its target with the strength of its WP only.

5. DAMAGE/DEFLECTION: The Anubin Hunter has a 50/50 chance of A. Deflecting its target's Damage to another (randomly-chosen) participant in the Battle (can be friend or foe), or B. Being struck by its opponent's damage.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The Anubin Hunter is struck by its opponent's special skill.

SHIELD ACTIONS:

1 - 3: Anub's Curse - As a punishment for disobedience, Anub Curses all enemies, and additionally, the Anubin Hunter.

4 - 6: Anub's Reward - In return for doing his bidding, Anub drains Health equally from all enemies such that every Hero is healed by 10 HP, in addition to removing all negative effects from the Anubin Hunter / costs no Ether.

Eligibility for Anubin Hunter:

Great reputation with the Cult of Anub.

I threw out the Scarab Shield part, leaving only that they can use Shields. I also simplified Dark Spirit and removed the spell ability. I am still thinking of a better #4 roll.

Edited by LEGOman273

Maybe something like

3. ANUB'S CURSE - The Anubin Hunter Curses their opponent at the cost of 1 ether.

...leaving Anub's Reward as the only Shield?

As for Dark Spirit, I still think it would be way too much for a QM to keep track of during a quest. For something similar, but not complicated, maybe you should use the Spiritism or Natural Respite job traits instead? :classic:

Maybe something like

3. ANUB'S CURSE - The Anubin Hunter Curses their opponent at the cost of 1 ether.

...leaving Anub's Reward as the only Shield?

As for Dark Spirit, I still think it would be way too much for a QM to keep track of during a quest. For something similar, but not complicated, maybe you should use the Spiritism or Natural Respite job traits instead? :classic:

That could work. However, I like the idea of two semi-conflicting Shield rolls. It works better with my idea of Anub: Obey and be rewarded; Disobey and you will pay the price.

How so? All it is is that the Anubin Hunter should be classed as "Demonic", with the addition of Darkness-inbued weapons. :wacko:

How so? All it is is that the Anubin Hunter should be classed as "Demonic", with the addition of Darkness-inbued weapons. :wacko:

It's the fact that heroes are classed at all that's the problem, to me, especially because whether or not an enemy's attack is light-elemental is open to debate. And having every single possible attack you could do deal darkness elemental damage is beyond limiting. It totally destroys any chance the Anubin Hunter has against undead and demons, and makes having any other gems or weapons useless.

It's the fact that heroes are classed at all that's the problem, to me, especially because whether or not an enemy's attack is light-elemental is open to debate. And having every single possible attack you could do deal darkness elemental damage is beyond limiting. It totally destroys any chance the Anubin Hunter has against undead and demons, and makes having any other gems or weapons useless.

Heroes are Humanoid, meaning that they should take double Damage from Darkness attacks. The Anubin Hunter is the opposite.

My understanding is that an enemy's attack is elemental when an elemental weapon is used.

Did you forget that weapons can be duel-inbued?

They don't. Heroes don't have elemental weaknesses.

Forgotten weapons can be dual-imbued? Hover that mouse over Ratsbane in my signature for a moment. :laugh: Having darkness-imbued weapons or an Amethyst as a requirement is over-the-top, to me. And scarce few enemies have been wielding elemental weapons.

Edited by CallMePie

They don't. Heroes don't have elemental weaknesses.

Forgotten weapons can be dual-imbued? Hover that mouse over Ratsbane in my signature for a moment. :laugh: Having darkness-imbued weapons or an Amethyst as a requirement is over-the-top, to me. And scarce few enemies have been wielding elemental weapons.

I can't. I'm on my phone. :cry_sad: Can you post a link?

Note that in order to become a Anubin Hunter, one must successfully complete three Quests for the Cult of Anub. In at least one of those Quests, the Hero would have access to an amethyst or Darkness-imbued weapon. There is no other way to become an Anubin Hunter than to have a Great Reputation with the Cult of Anub.

Fire, wind, ice, and earth elemental. :tongue:

I think it's only 2 quests to get to the 'great' reputation, and, again, I think only being able to cast darkness-elemental spells and using only darkness-elemental weapons is pretty limiting to any heroes who would want to become part of the class. Of course, this is just advice. :thumbup:

You could maybe give +1 WP to weapons imbued with an amethyst, when used by an Anubin Hunter?

Or something like that, that gives an advantage to having a darkness-imbued blade even when your opponent is not weak against darkness, but wouldn't force people to have one?

Fire, wind, ice, and earth elemental. :tongue:

I think it's only 2 quests to get to the 'great' reputation, and, again, I think only being able to cast darkness-elemental spells and using only darkness-elemental weapons is pretty limiting to any heroes who would want to become part of the class. Of course, this is just advice. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I cut out the spells part, though. This is now a non-Ether-using class.

You could maybe give +1 WP to weapons imbued with an amethyst, when used by an Anubin Hunter?

Or something like that, that gives an advantage to having a darkness-imbued blade even when your opponent is not weak against darkness, but wouldn't force people to have one?

Good idea. :thumbup: Do you have any ideas for what could be used for roll #4?