Sign in to follow this  
purpleparadox

The Wedding on Naboo

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

IMG_4057.jpg?t=1338606933

So, last minute entry. It's really simple. I couldn't decide, half-baked entry or withdraw from the CB? I hate quitting so I went ahead and posted it anyway. I lacked pieces and time to find the pieces (I know, excuses, excuses) so I took a LOT of artistic license. The trees are my favourite part, I'm testing them as I'm planning to use that technique soon in Guilds of Historica. It's not all that accurate but you can tell what it's representing. Enjoy! Here's a few more shots:

IMG_4050.jpg?t=1338607095

IMG_4052.jpg?t=1338607167

IMG_4058.jpg?t=1338607224

Hope you liked it, C&C encouraged!

nice use of the minifigs bride. except for that bright yellow chest. haha. still cool though

:tongue::laugh: That was the only white dress I own, so I did what I could.

This looks nice! Like you, my favorite part is the trees. Nice use of the Bionicle parts!

Thanks! I used to prefer Bionicle to any other theme (now I don't know HOW I liked it) so most of my collection is Bionicle. I'm always trying to find ways to use Bionicle parts in my MOCs.

Edited by purpleparadox

Great MOC for a great scene :thumbup: I as well think it is a great use of Bionicle parts.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

I'm sorry to sound negative, but the only real Star Wars element you have in that scene is Anakin's torso. It could use Anakin's robotic hand or at least the Droids to really pull in the Star Wars feel.

Edited by Hawkman

Great MOC for a great scene :thumbup: I as well think it is a great use of Bionicle parts.

Thank you!

I'm sorry to sound negative, but the only real Star Wars element you have in that scene is Anakin's torso. It could use Anakin's robotic hand or at least the Droids to really pull in the Star Wars feel.

I know. I wasn't sure what to do for his robotic hand (normal grey minifig hand?) because the Exo-Force robot hand doesn't fit a minifig arm. And I would've included the droids, but I only own R2-D2. I'm not into SW enough to have many minifigs, and C-3PO is one I lack.

Glad you could make it! It's very simple, but still nice. Personally, I find it more creative when people don't use official licensed parts to make a licensed MOC, and I was hoping someone would make this scene with the Series 7 Bride! :sweet: The way you made the trees is also interesting, even though they look like palm trees, which is not very accurate. The wall could use some work too as it looks too blocky and high, so if you can, I would use plates instead of bricks for the upper and lower part of it. As for Anankin's hand, I think using one in a different color makes the most sense. I prefer gold (as you can see here), but yellow would work too.

Glad you could make it! It's very simple, but still nice. Personally, I find it more creative when people don't use official licensed parts to make a licensed MOC, and I was hoping someone would make this scene with the Series 7 Bride! :sweet: The way you made the trees is also interesting, even though they look like palm trees, which is not very accurate. The wall could use some work too as it looks too blocky and high, so if you can, I would use plates instead of bricks for the upper and lower part of it. As for Anankin's hand, I think using one in a different color makes the most sense. I prefer gold (as you can see here), but yellow would work too.

Thanks for the advice Oky! I agree about the trees, but like I said, I took a lot of artistic license. :laugh: Most of my builds for licensed themes don't use too many licensed parts, because I don't buy them that often. Personally I prefer City and Castle. But building for licensed contests and community builds can be a fun challenge sometimes!

I know. I wasn't sure what to do for his robotic hand (normal grey minifig hand?) because the Exo-Force robot hand doesn't fit a minifig arm. And I would've included the droids, but I only own R2-D2. I'm not into SW enough to have many minifigs, and C-3PO is one I lack.

I would recommend the gold C-3PO hand. And even adding R2 could be helpful. Still looks great, though.

I would recommend the gold C-3PO hand. And even adding R2 could be helpful. Still looks great, though.

Thanks! I'd make those changes, but I've already taken it apart to use the pieces. Yep, my collection is so poor I need to disassemble this small MOC! Still, LOVING everybody's advice, and I'll keep it all in mind next time I build something.

Are they foot pieces? They do make good palm leaves. Though I would use a 2x2 Tile for a book rather than a studed piece.

Are they foot pieces? They do make good palm leaves. Though I would use a 2x2 Tile for a book rather than a studed piece.

Yep, they're foot pieces from 8903 Zaktan. But I wish I hadn't bought as many Bionicles, and bought other sets instead. Oh well, I'll just have to be creative! :thumbup:

Yep, they're foot pieces from 8903 Zaktan. But I wish I hadn't bought as many Bionicles, and bought other sets instead. Oh well, I'll just have to be creative! :thumbup:

I have about 6 Bionicles and can find no use for any of the pieces :hmpf_bad:.

I have about 6 Bionicles and can find no use for any of the pieces :hmpf_bad:.

I. Am. Jealous. Of. You. I have over 150 bionicles! They're so hard to use. I try my best though.