slovakiasteph

MOC: Slovak modular

indexed.gif B-RM-07E

This modular was inspired by a building in my Slovak town of Lučenec. Here's a pic of the original building, with a view of the back as well (ignore the tower behind it, that's the hotel next door. This building is about three doors down from the modular hotel I posted earlier this week).

014.jpg

I also built it as a "city-type" building when I built my Slovak town, which is closer to the original:

lego_004.jpg

Since it was built in 1937, it's not too far off from the Fire Brigade (and I put it next to that and the yellow, also more modern, modular I built). I took a few more liberties in straying from the original here since I couldn't get it to look right with the windows I have.

lego_004.jpg

I'm still not happy with the 2nd floor windows on the left, but my placement was restricted by the shower curtain inside.

I think my favorite view is from the back:

lego_014.jpg

(I ran out of a few red 1x1 bricks and substituted round ones... they'll be replaced).

First floor, with front hall, stairs, living room, dining room, and kitchen:

lego_021.jpg

A view of the living room with a couch, chair, and plant; and dining room.

lego_010.jpg

Kitchen under the stairs! Looks cozy!

lego_011.jpg

Second floor, with hall, master bedroom, and bathroom:

lego_016.jpg

Master bedroom:

lego_017.jpg

You can't see it in the pictures, but there's a row of clear bricks that lets light in between the two rooms.

Bathroom, with shower and curtain, sprayer from the sink, toilet, and washing machine. I wanted a separated bathroom, but there wasn't space.

lego_018.jpg

Third floor, with bed/couch, table and desk with light, and TV. There's also a lounge on the patio.

lego_003.jpg

If anyone has suggestions for the second floor left-hand windows, let me know! I can't raise them any higher because of the shower curtain, but there might be an alternate configuration I haven't tried.

Very nice modular you have there 'slovakiasteph', I like the shower curtain and the tiled floors. :thumbup:

I hope there are more like these coming......Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

I really like the interiors that you make for your MOCs, they give them an authentic dimension, like a dollhouse.

Good work on the windows :thumbup: And the interiors are excellent, I think the kitchen is my favorite part :classic:

i like how clean and simple the outside looks but as soon as i looked at the inside it was anything but simple. i liked your different tiled areas. shower curtain was a good idea. the inside all together was just amazing :thumbup:

Very nice modular you have there 'slovakiasteph', I like the shower curtain and the tiled floors. :thumbup:

I hope there are more like these coming......Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

Unfortunately, to build anything else, I think I'll have to take apart what I've built so far!

I really like the interiors that you make for your MOCs, they give them an authentic dimension, like a dollhouse.

I always loved miniatures and dollhouses as a girl, so it's not surprising that that's carried over to LEGO.

Good work on the windows :thumbup: And the interiors are excellent, I think the kitchen is my favorite part :classic:

I love that kitchen, too! Although I'm not sure I'd want to cook in it! :D

i like how clean and simple the outside looks but as soon as i looked at the inside it was anything but simple. i liked your different tiled areas. shower curtain was a good idea. the inside all together was just amazing :thumbup:

Thanks! And, had to use my fabric pieces somehow. :classic: