Sariel

The Unofficial LEGO ® Technic Builder’s Guide by Sariel available f

haha.. I'm not an aerospace engineer! just a 37yr old who's been into Technic since 8030 ;)

I've got a few other lego books (mix of Mindstorms+System building techniques).. and also the amazing PDF of Yoshihito Isogawa.. so that's all I've had to go by..

This book sets the bar a LOT higher, with regards to background knowledge on the 'why' things are built in such a way

I love the fact you were able to include all the latest parts.. nothing worse than a book being out of date the moment it goes to print!

ps.. Blackbird: your photo looks like a police line-up mugshot, in comparison to Mr Stylish Sariel!!! :laugh:

RB

Hi Sariel, and all

I did order the book long ago. I have since received a message from the publisher that i can download the PDF while i wait for the paper. I have started to read and i am fascinated. I am an AFOL, i had a long absence from LEGO of about 30 or so years. Boy, how LEGO has changed since.

One thing that i am missing in the book so far are angles. Building 45 degree, 30 degree etc structures. In the MOCs and projects that i have done so far a common challenge. (See my LEGO technic competition entry ChrisLegix and vote for my MOC)

The book will surely occupy me a long time and inspire me for a lot of projects, thank you Sariel

I bought mine at amazon, because it was the cheapest at that time (and I think including shipping, it still is). I'm just waiting for it to arrive; it says it will b sent in a few days... I can't wait a few more days :tongue:

Put yourself in my shoes, I wrote the damn thing and I'm waiting to get it too :)

Edited by Sariel

Put yourself in my shoes, I wrote the damn thing and I'm waiting to get it too :)

You didn't get a "the book is ready, take a look" print?

Count me as another one waiting to buy the book when I can get it at the end of the month :) I might have to make a few bricklink orders if I am lacking on parts to try some of the stuff you show how to do in the book. I haven't really made my own MOC's yet but this may be a start.

I haven't really made my own MOC's yet but this may be a start.

Can't wait. :wub_drool:

On Amazon's uk site it says it will be out in November? :look:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Well, the book travels out of the US, it takes a while to get bulk quantities across the Pond.

A small update 'bout my missing link for the eBook version bought on NoStarch...

Soon after contacting them by email, I was answered by NoStarch: it seems there was a server failure while processing my order automatically and the link to files was never activated...

They gave me access to the files manually, so I'm now a proud owner of the wonderful Sariel's book!

From a quick preview, I can say there's plenty of good advices, both for medium and for advanced Technic builders...

Thank you for sharing them, Sariel!

My book just came in today (California)!

I think you are the first person to get an actual, physical copy. I know I am eagerly waiting for mine!

I got my "hard copy" book in the mail today! :sweet: Look for my detailed Book Review in 2 days (with some pictures of the book's pages and commentary).

Sad, not here yet. Apparently Amazon US's shipment has gotten held up (Hurricane related?) because the listing still says preorder and I got an email that my copy (ordered back in June) has been delayed and they don't know when it'll ship. Sad.

I'm being told that Amazon is just about to change "pre-order" status to "available now".

I'm being told that Amazon is just about to change "pre-order" status to "available now".

I wonder if that happens for Amazon here in Germany as well ;)

Well, I can tell for sure that the book appeared in Denmark already.

Edited by Sariel

Amazon told me they will ship the book "When it becomes available". They didn't provide a date, however several other web sites said the "release" date is November 9th.

Another week of waiting it seems... :cry3::wall:

Today, I received the four additional books that I ordered from the publisher (No Starch Press). They will be donated to local libraries to help build up the number of Lego Technic fans in the USA. I placed the order on Monday, October 29th and got it 3 days later. Although I live a few states away, that's pretty good service! :thumbup: If you don't want to wait, recommend ordering directly from the publisher instead of third-party sellers like Amazon.