Kazz

Problem starting LDD today

Hi All,

I was using LDD this morning and all was ok. Tried it again this evening and it freezes on the 'initializing' start up part. Is anyone else having this issue?

I reinstalled it but still no good. All was fine with it this morning.

Edited by Superkalle
Updated topic title

Hi All,

I was using LDD this morning and all was ok. Tried it again this evening and it freezes on the 'initializing' start up part. Is anyone else having this issue?

I reinstalled it but still no good. All was fine with it this morning.

Yes, this is pretty much across the board right now, ongoing discussion is in the Troubleshooting thread :sweet:

It's probably a server issue according to our friendly regulator, and hopefully TLG are already well into fixing whatever has caused it. Hang tight!

~A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar

I checked preferences.ini the only entry is:

LANGUAGE=de

nothing else.

Problem still acute.

Yes, this is pretty much across the board right now, ongoing discussion is in the Troubleshooting thread :sweet:

It's probably a server issue according to our friendly regulator, and hopefully TLG are already well into fixing whatever has caused it. Hang tight!

~A.S.

Thats great news Awesome Star, Im happy that its not my end. Thanks for the info. Im lost without it right now. I need my LDD fix

do they not have a place where they report any bugs or problems?

Mine is the same too.

Thats great news Awesome Star, Im happy that its not my end. Thanks for the info. Im lost without it right now. I need my LDD fix

Same here! I'm halfway through a MOC and ran out of money so I was experimenting in LDD to construct it while I get funds. I go out for a few hours and whaddya know... :sceptic:

Ah well, should be sorted soon! :thumbup:

~A.S.

Same here! I'm halfway through a MOC and ran out of money so I was experimenting in LDD to construct it while I get funds. I go out for a few hours and whaddya know... :sceptic:

Ah well, should be sorted soon! :thumbup:

~A.S.

haha I hate not knowing how long things take. Hopefully someone will confirm when it is working again but i am relieved its nothing to do with anything Ive done on my pc, not that I have done anything anyway.

I'm thinking more some kind of server problem.

If it is a server related problem, you should try to start LDD offline disconnecting the PC, and it should be work fine.

I checked preferences.ini the only entry is: [...]

There are two preferences.ini files. Did you checked the one in the user directory as I suggested before?

Anyway, it seems that the problem is not due to that. Try, anyway.

Just disconnected from my network and attempted to load LDD but the problem persisted. I think the best we can do now if we wish to continue designing is to resort to the old technical drawing!

I knew those classes would come in handy one day... :laugh:

~A.S.

Same here, freezes while initializing on my 2 computers. I guess we need to wait... for TLG to solve the problem.

Ive just disconnected my internet, started LDD and it asked me if i wanted to run it offline and it worked offline!

It may be an option to try for now as it worked for me.

Edited by Kazz

Got a work-around for those of us whose computers allow for manually connecting/disconnecting without having to turn off the modem/router (though you could do this if you have to it'd just be a lot of bloody hassle!).

1.Disconnect from your network.

2. Open LDD.

3. Re-connect to your network

Bingo.

~A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar

Ive just disconnected my internet, started LDD and it asked me if i wanted to run it offline and it worked offline!

It may be an option to try for now as it worked for me.

Just did the same thing, and it worked. It must be LTG's servers :sceptic:

You have to cut your internet connection to start LDD in offline-mode. Shouldn't be that way, of course.

Yep thanks BrickCommander, I did that and got it working and yes it shouldnt be that way but it helps short term.

Depending on firewall software, you can also add LDD to block list. It worked for me as it asked if I wanted to use LDD offline.

Everything seems to be working fine now. I can use it online and it loads as per normal.

Glad that's fixed!

~A.S.

Everything seems to be working fine now. I can use it online and it loads as per normal.

Glad that's fixed!

~A.S.

Not for me :( still cant use it online from start up

Not for me :( still cant use it online from start up

Oh, it seems I'm mistaken then. Still, perhaps they're bringing it back online area by area. I'm fairly sure the fix will hit where you live soon enough most likely within the next 24 hours.

~A.S.

EDIT: scrap that, the problem has just returned. Back to offline mode it is then...

Edited by AwesomeStar

Hello, I have been having problems with my LDD. It will load about 1/8 or 1/12 of the way then stop and wont move. Could anyone please help me with this?

Thanks, Rail Co

EDIT: found my problem sorry for the post!

Edited by Rail Co

Maybe I'm just crazy, but LDD seems to run faster on my computer in offline mode. I wonder if there's any way to stop LDD from accessing the internet without having to turn my internet connection off every time I start it..

About this issue. I mailed the LDD team and got a reply that they are aware of it and working on the problem. At least some comfort in that it's being looked into. For the time being I guess the best solution is to temporarily disconnect internet while starting LDD.

About this issue. I mailed the LDD team and got a reply that they are aware of it and working on the problem. At least some comfort in that it's being looked into. For the time being I guess the best solution is to temporarily disconnect internet while starting LDD.

I'm experiencing it on-and-off now. Sometimes it works as it always did and sometimes I have to disconnect and then reconnect when back in. I guess it's on-going for now.

~A.S.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but LDD seems to run faster on my computer in offline mode. I wonder if there's any way to stop LDD from accessing the internet without having to turn my internet connection off every time I start it..

You could accomplish that by creating a hosts file for LDD. That would block outgoing connections and have you start in offline mode by default without turning off your internet. All you'd need to do is find out what url LDD is calling when it starts up to create the host file.

It'd look something like:

127.0.0.1 lego.com

but with the the url that LDD is calling at start up, which I don't know as of yet. This may complicate updating although you could easily comment out that line for updates by putting a # sign in front of it. i.e)

#127.0.0.1 lego.com

Just a suggestion, for more on hosts file google search or http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Hosts-File-in-Windows