Ecclesiastes

Tower of Valholl

As hersir of Valholl, the Jarl commanded Elon Chorian to inspect the defenses. So he did together with the Jarl, Steen and Glorfindel. And: we can conlcude Valholl is safe behinds it's walls and mighty towers! So Drow beware, you'll never get in!

This part of Valholl is based on the area with the barracks from my micro-scale Valholl: City Map

7308239878_18f99c839b_c.jpg

The tower

7308286326_6f94ba61de_n.jpg7308243496_5b2b73886c_n.jpg7308252158_e062733433_n.jpg7308261720_f4ac380314_n.jpg

Different views

7308283188_b9bfba8123_c.jpg

Barracks/Training grounds

7308278046_ba5cc4f394_c.jpg

The Jarl with some of his finest men/ Every tower has an Owl, because these creatures will spot the enemy before they even see Valholl!

7308247002_b125935873.jpg

Relaxing at the wall :tongue:

7308265422_d8be4b6d09_c.jpg

And ofcourse Disan

7308257400_e87032bd87_c.jpg

Burn enemies, burn! :devil:

More and better photo's: Flickr

Edited by Ecclesiastes

That tower is fantastic - wish I had the grey bricks to do that! The buttresses and arches look really clean and uniform, great job.

I can't see the Drow breaching Valholl anytime soon...

Edited by llb

I'm so honored that you included Glorfindel :sweet:

The tower with wall section looks incredible and impregnable :thumbup: It looks a lot like the miniscale version!

The way you used the arches really gives a lot of depth to the wall, and the hinges over the doorway inside are a great piece usage as well.

The barracks area is great.

The whole thing is stunning and feels very Mitgardian :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Excellent.

I like the shapes you accomplished to keep it from looking like a big gray wall of boring-ness. I use a lot of the same techniques you do, so this clearly is something I am drawn to!

Two VERY minor critques...

1. How does one reach the top of the tower? I don't see an opening in the floor of the top of the tower or anything...

2. Though I think you've done a great job of keeping the tower from looking like a giant blob, some texturing like a crack or some miscolored area or something might add something to the build.

Excellent.

I like the shapes you accomplished to keep it from looking like a big gray wall of boring-ness. I use a lot of the same techniques you do, so this clearly is something I am drawn to!

1. How does one reach the top of the tower? I don't see an opening in the floor of the top of the tower or anything...

2. Though I think you've done a great job of keeping the tower from looking like a giant blob, some texturing like a crack or some miscolored area or something might add something to the build.

I am still happy there I didn't had to hire Avalonians to build my walls and towers... :laugh: But for "older" buildings, it may work indeed.

Imposing watchtower!! So great job Ecclesiastes!

edit:

in time of exams, it looks like I lost the ability to write English sentences without any faults...

=> I am still happy, I didn't...

Edited by DaMaximus

I really like this build... Its got clean lines and very uniform architecture. Love the recessed windows and the cheese slopes on the windows facing inward.

This is so nice! Love all the details and arches you managed to create witout "over-do" it! Are there wall panels in the windows on the highest floor? Can´t figure it out how you did it otherwise.. :classic:

The windows on the second floor is my favourite detail! Just love how they turned out! Really small and medivial!

Great work Ecc!

That is truely a magnificent tower you put together there!! And it's also really cool to have my avatar in the build too. As a matter of fact, I like the city wall so much, it just looks really imposing, that I'd suggest we make this the standard wall for our next Mitgardian community build. Lovin it!!

Thanks for the comments guys! :sweet:

I am still happy there I didn't had to hire Avalonians to build my walls and towers... :laugh: But for "older" buildings, it may work indeed.

Imposing watchtower!! So great job Ecclesiastes!

1. Well trough the hatch ofcourse :wink: But I've to admid it's hard to see with those muscular Mitgardians blocking the sight of it! But ofcourse I will give you some prove:

7310021114_f65452b1f0.jpg

2. A crack or some miscolored area. No cracks, come on it's Valholl itis perfect :sadnew: And the Jarl doensn't like miscoloring, so I think our craftsmen did a great job. :tongue:

Are there wall panels in the windows on the highest floor? Can´t figure it out how you did it otherwise.. :classic:

Yes indeed, I thought I've got to use those because normally they're at the bottom of the bucket!

That is truely a magnificent tower you put together there!! And it's also really cool to have my avatar in the build too. As a matter of fact, I like the city wall so much, it just looks really imposing, that I'd suggest we make this the standard wall for our next Mitgardian community build. Lovin it!!

Maybe that's a good idea!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

1. Well trough the hatch ofcourse :wink: But I've to admid it's hard to see with those muscular Mitgardians blocking the sight of it! But ofcourse I will give you some prove:

Ah hah! fair enough.

2. A crack or some miscolored area. No cracks, come on it's Valholl itis perfect :sadnew: And the Jarl doensn't like miscoloring, so I think our craftsmen did a great job. :tongue:

So you have slums, but perfectly prestine walls? Your Jarl needs to rethink his priorities :tongue:

So you have slums, but perfectly prestine walls? Your Jarl needs to rethink his priorities :tongue:

Yep, to protect the slums.:tongue: And afther the Drow threats I'm pretty sure he'll take car of the slums :wink:

Epic build! It's amazing what one can fit onto one 322 baseplate :wub:

=Legonardo=

This is a great tower, very imponent, and has nice clean design yet a good amount of detail.

Well done, I can see the Jarl and his men will resist long time with these walls.

Long live to Mitgardia. :classic:

Lovely tower Ecclesiastes! I think i like the reverse view best, with the training scene in the foreground - works really well as a composition. :thumbup:

Epic build! It's amazing what one can fit onto one 322 baseplate :wub:

=Legonardo=

Thanks, I like to limit myself a lot with the 32 by 32 because that´s more than enough to build really nice detailed builds!

Lovely tower Ecclesiastes! I think i like the reverse view best, with the training scene in the foreground - works really well as a composition. :thumbup:

I tried to show to grandness of the tower on the outside and indeed minifig action on the inside! So two completely different scenes.

This is a great tower/wall!! Very big and imposing. This is perfect for the defense of our mighty capital.

And @ ZC

We all know that your Avalonian towers crumble at the first glance, but that doesn't mean there is no one in Historica who knows how to build a decent tower. Maybe some Avalonians shoul visit us in Valholl for some real architecture and skill... :laugh:

And @ ZC

We all know that your Avalonian towers crumble at the first glance, but that doesn't mean there is no one in Historica who knows how to build a decent tower. Maybe some Avalonians shoul visit us in Valholl for some real architecture and skill... :laugh:

How could you say that? Albion is known as the Pearl City of Historica because of its beauty and strength!

I tried to show to grandness of the tower on the outside and indeed minifig action on the inside! So two completely different scenes.

I think it does that. :thumbup::thumbup:

Though this thread isn't THAT old, a general reminder to not bump older threads just to say "good work" etc.

P.s. good work Ecc!